Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    who had a kid with whose son?
    what kid? what son?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I'd personally have Clark date someone who knows both sides of himself (Kal-El and Clark Kent), like childhood friend Imra Ardeen/Saturn Woman. someone he can be 100% open with.
    I see your point, but when I want him to have a less serious relationship and he guards his secret I.D. very carefully, the menu's pretty much limited to fellow Leaguers and Legionnaires, or people who don't know he's Superman. And besides, at least in Imra's case I (1) don't see it and (2) wouldn't break her up with Garth for anything.

If I was going to pair him with Legionnaires even as Superboy, it'd be Phantom Girl or Brainiac Five. Seriously, have you seen the Legion cartoon? That shipping was real as heck. But of course that puts Brainy on Clark's list of exes, not as a current romantic prospect. I ship him too much with either(both?) Lyle and Kara to allow him to stay with Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, secret identity shenanigans aside, he can be 100% open with Lois and has been.
    It's true, but that runs back into that "soulmates" thing I get so bored of.

Though now I imagine Superboy and Lightning Lad competing for Saturn Girl's affections, and that sounds hilarious .
    You know what? That stuff I said about the Legion, I take it back. It'll be like Archie, except with a clear winner at the end of the day. All three of them will still get along famously, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Though it's kind of set up for tragedy isn't it? as a romance, once Imra. Rokk and Garth are introduced to Lana (yeah, I'm kinda going off on Post-Flashpoint history for Superman). and Clark asks Imra to stay with him in his time as a fifteen year-old only for her to say no.
    I think it could be a tragedy if you wrote it as one, but it could just as easily be a comedy where everyone stayed best friends at the end. I mean Rokk was interested in Imra for a while before he decided to go "full Batman" and put his super-career before any potential relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I agree. Go Cat!
    Whoo! There's dozens of us! Dozens!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    It's true, but that runs back into that "soulmates" thing I get so bored of.
    I'm a hopeless romantic, so I always buy into that kind of stuff, especially on the DC side of things .

I'm a hopeless romantic, so I always buy into that kind of stuff, especially on the DC side of things .
    Haha, I get it, I just got bored with it. I used to be a huge Lois / Kal 4evar shipper.

At some point I just started thinking about how many other people have romantic potential/history with Superman and I thought to myself "gee, why should she get to have all the fun?"

Maxima, Cat, Lori, Lyla, Luma, Lisa, Sally, Brainy, Callie, - there's a loot of people on the list of folks who I'd like to see Superman either date or reveal to have dated previously, and since Lois and arguably Diana are "true loves" the whole potential for Kal to have a varied dating life goes out the window once he gets involved with either of them.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    who had a kid with whose son?
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    what kid? what son?
    Selina has a kid with Slam Bradley son.

Yeah, Selina had a kid with Sam Bradley's son in that One Year Later story. We didn't know for a while if the kid was Batman's, Sam Bradley's or Sam Bradley Jr's. They named the kid Helena to throw people off thinking it was Batman's for a while.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, Selina had a kid with Sam Bradley's son in that One Year Later story. We didn't know for a while if the kid was Batman's, Sam Bradley's or Sam Bradley Jr's. They named the kid Helena to throw people off thinking it was Batman's for a while.
    i have not been keeping tabs on the bat titles i guess.

I too am a hopeless romantic and enjoy the thought of some characters having that one true soulmate. This whole thread is devoted to stupid pairings and the mess DC makes with its relationships. It would be nice to have maybe one or two exceptions to the rule. So I wouldn't mind it if Superman was paired with Lois and that was the end of it. I would however like the writers to come up with some compelling reason for them to stay together. Maybe give Lois a little more depth. Fix Superman, but supposedly he'll be "reborn" soon and all will be well.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    i have not been keeping tabs on the bat titles i guess.
    Well it was like 10 years ago.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Wasn't there a story that revealed Helena was actually Bruce's? Batman did help get Helena into protective custody, to protect her from Selina's enemies. Since her ID was public at the time. None of this matters anymore. Selina's baby wasn't something that the New 52 carried over from the Post-IC universe anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well it was like 10 years ago.
    this totaly flew past my radar.