Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 537
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hammergiant View Post
    I've no problem with Kyle and Carol. They've been working together since early in New Guardians. They are the only two humans within billions of miles. Carol has a thing for Lanterns. Kyle has a thing for super-powered women. Nothing feels forced to me.
    Thing is, its not even the premise. Its the way it was executed. It was, like, two issues after she and Hal broke up that Jordan started indicating the relationship and in the #24 issues of the Green Lantern titles (the Lights Out arc, which was only three issues after she and Hal broke up) that it was first stated that she had "feelings" for him.

    So, yeah, its not the premise of the whole thing. It was the fact that it was rushed and was essentially based on bickering/flirting akin to something that you'd see in the most generic office sitcom, except somehow even more ham-fisted.

  2. #47
    Senior Member PyroSikTh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Thing is, its not even the premise. Its the way it was executed. It was, like, two issues after she and Hal broke up that Jordan started indicating the relationship and in the #24 issues of the Green Lantern titles (the Lights Out arc, which was only three issues after she and Hal broke up) that it was first stated that she had "feelings" for him.

    So, yeah, its not the premise of the whole thing. It was the fact that it was rushed and was essentially based on bickering/flirting akin to something that you'd see in the most generic office sitcom, except somehow even more ham-fisted.
    That wasn't even the worst part. The worst part is Green Lantern #21 practically opens with Carol and Hal splitting up out of nowhere with some bullshit excuses. The complete lack of build-up between Carol and Kyle was just the icing on the cake.

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member Vinsanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,455

    Default

    Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon - It never works well
    Bruce Wayne and Diana - Eh
    Hal Jordan and Arisia...again - She's like a sister
    John Stewart and a shape shifting monster - Poor John
    Tim Drake and Cass Cain - Like siblings, guys.
    Superboy and Miss Martian - Dull
    Bruce Wayne and Babs - Icky
    Guy Gardner and his mustache - Nooepe
    Gar and Raven - Made little sense
    Oliver Queen and Felicity - Arrowverse - The worst experience is the TV Show
    Donna Troy and Terry Long was freaky
    Donna Troy and Dick Grayson - Best platonic relationship



    I dont mind Carol and Kyle, I like Superman and Wonder Woman and I like Tim and Cassie.

    Also there are couples that I dislike like Bruce and Selina but it kind of works, so yeah.

  4. #49

    Default

    Oh, I read couple that SHOULD be together. Wonder Woman and Orion should definitely be together, so ignore my earlier post.

    The answer then is Superman and Wonder Woman.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

    "Come find me when you wake up."

  5. #50
    Fantastic Member hammergiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Thing is, its not even the premise. Its the way it was executed. It was, like, two issues after she and Hal broke up that Jordan started indicating the relationship and in the #24 issues of the Green Lantern titles (the Lights Out arc, which was only three issues after she and Hal broke up) that it was first stated that she had "feelings" for him.

    So, yeah, its not the premise of the whole thing. It was the fact that it was rushed and was essentially based on bickering/flirting akin to something that you'd see in the most generic office sitcom, except somehow even more ham-fisted.
    Carol has been in New Guardians since issue #13. The shared experience of combat and adventure tends to bond people together, especially if they are the only members of the species in the galaxy, doubly so if there is an underlying attraction.

    I wonder how much of the grief this relationship gets is because people are still hung up on a Carol/Hal pairing, which has never really worked out, and has been a dumpster fire since 2003.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    That wasn't even the worst part. The worst part is Green Lantern #21 practically opens with Carol and Hal splitting up out of nowhere with some bullshit excuses. The complete lack of build-up between Carol and Kyle was just the icing on the cake.
    i was absolutely confused with that. felt like i missed a bunch of issues... kind left a bad aftertaste...

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,663

    Default

    deathstroke and terra?

  8. #53
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Constantine and Zatanna
    Superman and Wonder Woman
    Lois and Batman
    Orion and Wonder Woman
    Superman and really any superpowered woman
    Green Arrow and Black Canary

  9. #54
    Mighty Member Thor2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Orion and Wonder Woman
    Batman and Wonder Woman
    Kyle and Carol, should be Hal and Carol
    Barry and Patty, Should be Barry and Iris

  10. #55
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hammergiant View Post
    Carol has been in New Guardians since issue #13. The shared experience of combat and adventure tends to bond people together, especially if they are the only members of the species in the galaxy, doubly so if there is an underlying attraction.

    I wonder how much of the grief this relationship gets is because people are still hung up on a Carol/Hal pairing, which has never really worked out, and has been a dumpster fire since 2003.
    Except until Jordan took over, there was never, even for a second any indication of an "underlying attraction" or a "bonding together" of any kind. In fact, Carol and Kyle first met up because she was searching for Hal. And she only stuck around because she wanted to train him to take on the First Lantern, because she thought that was the only way to get Hal back.

    And, then, when she and Hal are reunited, it actually shows that they're happy to be together again. That they want to go forward, together. But, then, the next issue, Venditti comes along and forces a break-up for no reason, which just makes Carol look fickle.

    Then, Jordan comes along and force-feeds us a "romance" between Carol and Green Lantern, Jr. which was essentially built from nothing, and had less chemistry than a knock-off version of a TV, sitcom pairing.

    Plus, everyone who's ever said that Hal and Carol are a "dumpster fire" has always seemed to just have a disdain for Silver Age pairings in general. I've heard the argument used against Barry and Iris, Clark and Lois, Peter and Mary Jane, etc. So, the fact that you say its a "dumpster fire" really doesn't mean that it is...

  11. #56
    In Lobdell we trust! Shinomune's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Catalonia
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Kyle & Carol: if we're seriously going down this route, then I fully expect to see Hal have sex with Soranik.
    Yes please!!!

  12. #57
    Veteran Green Lantern Sirzechs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Living in my Headcanon
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    That wasn't even the worst part. The worst part is Green Lantern #21 practically opens with Carol and Hal splitting up out of nowhere with some bullshit excuses. The complete lack of build-up between Carol and Kyle was just the icing on the cake.
    Exactly Green Lantern #20 Carol loves Hal which is why she used the ring to save, then came GL #21 Carol doesn't want a relationship with Hal she only love the idea of him so she can keep the ring :|.

  13. #58
    Veteran Green Lantern Sirzechs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Living in my Headcanon
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Lel Guy's porn stache is the best thing to come out of Red Lanterns how could you not like that Vinsanity

  14. #59
    Fantastic Member Dabrikishaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    Ew, I didn't even know Kyle and Carol were a thing. I'm obviously not a Green Lantern reader but that just seems wrong to me.

    As for my opinion about which couple shouldn't be together, Superman and Wonder Woman.
    If I could like this post, I would.

  15. #60
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    Kyle and Carol. It's just weird. It would be like if Arsenal started dating Black Canary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •