Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 537
  1. #61
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,714

    Default

    I have seen Batman and WW mentioned a few times, have they actually been a couple? I don't think I have read/seen anything where they have.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

  2. #62
    Veteran Green Lantern Sirzechs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Living in my Headcanon
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    I have seen Batman and WW mentioned a few times, have they actually been a couple? I don't think I have read/seen anything where they have.
    Justice League cartoon

  3. #63
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Justice League cartoon
    Ah, I don't really remember the cartoon much. How was the relationship handled? I take it it wasn't handled well.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

  4. #64
    Veteran Green Lantern Sirzechs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Living in my Headcanon
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    Ah, I don't really remember the cartoon much. How was the relationship handled? I take it it wasn't handled well.
    Poorly, Wonder Woman was similar to a teenage fangirl crushing on a celeb.

  5. #65
    Sector 2814 poroto678's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Lel Guy's porn stache is the best thing to come out of Red Lanterns how could you not like that Vinsanity
    lmao. 10 char.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

    Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

  6. #66
    A Gentle Woman Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Corner Office
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Couples who should not be together:

    -Batman and Catwoman: Love you Selina, but you're Ms. Right -Now. Not Ms. Right
    -Barry Allen (the Flash) and Patty Spivot. Spivot comes across your prototypical clingy looserish girl friend whose entire self esteem is based on who she is seeing. Barry can do way better
    -Nightwing and Barbara Gordon/Oracle/Batgirl I--Barbara is a cold fish
    -Superman and Wonderwoman-I pray for the day when a fork is stuck in that relationship. Soupie should be dating a normal woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    Ah, I don't really remember the cartoon much. How was the relationship handled? I take it it wasn't handled well.
    I actually thought that it was handled very well. It wasn't forced and was very organic.
    • “You need not be large to be great. What you need is to be open to a Power greater than yourself.”- Rabbi Sacks
    • “If you can’t control your actions, you aren’t quite whole.”- Bruce Wayne (Hush)

  7. #67
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Anyone paired for the sake of tokenism.

  8. #68
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Superhero Couples who should NOT be together:

    - Wonder Woman and Batman (horrible couple, springing out of the overrated JL/U animated series aka "The Batman & His Lackeys Show")
    - Wonder Woman and Superman (interesting temporary experiment, but please don't pretend Diana won't be the junior partner in this relationship)
    - Storm & Black Panther (this was the Marvel equivalent of Wonder Woman/Superman)
    - Storm & Wolverine (Marvel equivalent of Wonder Woman/Batman)
    - Shazam and anyone who DOESN'T share his grown-up/teen body-switching power (i.e. Isis or bust)
    - Hawkman/Hawkwoman with anyone other than each other
    - Hulk and anyone not named Betty Ross

  9. #69
    Incredible Member Black Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    Only happened offscreen between BTAS and Batman Beyond. Other than that, you'll see it only on bad fanfiction.
    Really wow man Bruce really gets around in that universe it seems.

  10. #70
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Poorly, Wonder Woman was similar to a teenage fangirl crushing on a celeb.
    Not true, she was pursuing Batman.

  11. #71
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Poorly, Wonder Woman was similar to a teenage fangirl crushing on a celeb.
    Not really. Batman was the one with the schoolboy crush. Diana was the mature one looking for a serious relationship.
    Cyclops was right

  12. #72
    Veteran Green Lantern Sirzechs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Living in my Headcanon
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Not true, she was pursuing Batman.
    Yeah i'm surely not going to get into this again

  13. #73
    Veteran Green Lantern Sirzechs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Living in my Headcanon
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Not really. Batman was the one with the schoolboy crush. Diana was the mature one looking for a serious relationship.
    Right that's the reason she was flirting on the stake-out and crush the gargoyle when bats was stating reasons why it could work? so mature.

  14. #74
    Fantastic Member hammergiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Except until Jordan took over, there was never, even for a second any indication of an "underlying attraction" or a "bonding together" of any kind. In fact, Carol and Kyle first met up because she was searching for Hal. And she only stuck around because she wanted to train him to take on the First Lantern, because she thought that was the only way to get Hal back.

    And, then, when she and Hal are reunited, it actually shows that they're happy to be together again. That they want to go forward, together. But, then, the next issue, Venditti comes along and forces a break-up for no reason, which just makes Carol look fickle.

    Then, Jordan comes along and force-feeds us a "romance" between Carol and Green Lantern, Jr. which was essentially built from nothing, and had less chemistry than a knock-off version of a TV, sitcom pairing.

    Plus, everyone who's ever said that Hal and Carol are a "dumpster fire" has always seemed to just have a disdain for Silver Age pairings in general. I've heard the argument used against Barry and Iris, Clark and Lois, Peter and Mary Jane, etc. So, the fact that you say its a "dumpster fire" really doesn't mean that it is...
    That's why the relationship has grown organically. They didn't start off wanting to be together. It grew over time and with reasons. Just because you don't want to see it...

    I'll take your word on the Venditti/Jordan conspiracy to break up Hal and Carol. I don't read the Green Lantern title. But, saying Carol is the fickle one in that relationship is ignoring huge chunks of history. Hal has had serious commitment issues, both personal and professional, since Rebirth. Carol and Hal haven't been a serious pairing since before 1993.

    It's not a "force-feed". They've been in the same book since issue #13. Kyle has a history of being attracted to super-powered women. Carol is more complex, but she knows she can't be with Hal because of who he is. Carol assumes she must be in love to keep her Star Sapphire powers, and Kyle is the only guy around. Whether her feelings for him are genuine or because she thinks she needs to be in love has yet to be determined. And, I can't stress this enough, Carol and Kyle have forged a bond over the last couple of years, fighting cosmic threats, gods and alien races.

    And really, "Green Lantern, Jr."?

    I say "dumpster fire" because Hal and Carol have never had the stability of the others you mentioned, and likely will not. It would be more problematic now that Carol has been established as a Star Sapphire of the Rainbow Corps. Historically, they have been hot and cold, and it's been fairly frozen since the early 90's. I'd like to see long-term relationships return, but Carol and Hal are not built for that, unless their characterizations change dramatically at some point.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

  15. #75
    Veteran Green Lantern Sirzechs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Living in my Headcanon
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hammergiant View Post
    That's why the relationship has grown organically. They didn't start off wanting to be together. It grew over time and with reasons. Just because you don't want to see it...
    .
    It literally appeared out of nowhere between issue #13-20 there wasn't any hints, and it wasn't Kyle who was attracted to her, it was Carol that suddenly had love connection in Lights Out then Kyle was still oblivious to any feelings that Carol had for like 8 more issues until a Alien pointed out that She likes him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •