Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I'll agree with you guys, the Kyle & Carol relationship is really bad, it's one of the reasons I dropped New Guardians. I know this sounds weird but it kind of feels like bad, fanfiction writing to me lol. Also don't like Ya'wara. I know she's not in a relationship with Arthur anymore but I hate how Jurgens keeps pushing it, like Arthur might still have feelings for her. NO. He's with Mera, and Mera is WAY better than Ya'wara.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Lol. Actually, I'm going to say Aquaman and Dolphin.
    Oh boy that was odd.

BANNED

im going to go on a limb here and guess Hal Jordan fans are mostly the ones who dont like the Kyle/Carol thing lol tho not for that is a bad thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    The whole Kyle+ Carol thing was done to get a reaction out of people. It seems to be working very well since people who don't even read the books complain, lol.
    It succeeded at irritating some fans, but if you're saying the controversy was meant to attract publicity/attention, it hasn't worked, because this book, like the rest of the GL line has become so irrelevant with the current creative team...and this is coming from someone who didn't care for Johns's run after SCW.

Nothing going on in regards to the romantic aspect of the verse bothers me at the moment, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Oh boy that was odd.
    dolphin became aquaman's lover.

but eventually married garth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    im going to go on a limb here and guess Hal Jordan fans are mostly the ones who dont like the Kyle/Carol thing lol tho not for that is a bad thing.
    Well, both Hal Jordan fans and people who actually enjoy, you know, well-written couplings. Kyle/Carol is probably the most forced, ridiculously-conceived romance I've ever seen. It'll last about as long as it takes for the current creative team to leave.

Definitely Kyle and Carol. I don't see why they don't give Carol her own guy and set of characters to develop. She's an interesting enough character to stand on her own - if I had my way they'd add her to the Justice League. She should have just as many relationships as Hal and then when they come back together at some point, it's not like she's just been waiting for him or being used as a supporting character in developing another GL (Kyle).

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Definitely Kyle and Carol. I don't see why they don't give Carol her own guy and set of characters to develop. She's an interesting enough character to stand on her own - if I had my way they'd add her to the Justice League. She should have just as many relationships as Hal and then when they come back together at some point, it's not like she's just been waiting for him or being used as a supporting character in developing another GL (Kyle).
    That's actually a good idea, She'd fit in good in the JLU book since its suppose to be space adventures, she could probably replace Supergirl some how supergirl just doesn't fit team books i don't know why.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Yeah, I think that's a pretty good idea too but I can't see it.

I know it sounds daft but the Carol/Kyle relationship just felt outright wrong to me. And forced in it's execution too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    That's actually a good idea, She'd fit in good in the JLU book since its suppose to be space adventures, she could probably replace Supergirl some how supergirl just doesn't fit team books i don't know why.
    I would actually rather have her in the regular Justice League, instead of the new Power Ring, who doesn't really interest me at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    dolphin became aquaman's lover.

but eventually married garth

Hadn't Mera disappeared at that time and Aquaman thought she was gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Well, both Hal Jordan fans and people who actually enjoy, you know, well-written couplings. Kyle/Carol is probably the most forced, ridiculously-conceived romance I've ever seen. It'll last about as long as it takes for the current creative team to leave.
    I don't feel strongly one way or another, but Carol was intended for Hal. Even when she's with Kyle, she'll end up back with Hal at some point. Kyle needs his own main squeeze. If Kyle/Carol sticks around for awhile then I could see it as formidable pairing as opposed to shock value/flash-in-the-pan. At least Hal has Cowgirl as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Hadn't Mera disappeared at that time and Aquaman thought she was gone?
    yes i think mera did. the move from aquaman to garth though felt a little weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    i think i like that idea. supergirl has a larger draw though than sapphire. anyways, carol joining the league would give her more exposure outside the lantern franchise.