Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I don't feel strongly one way or another, but Carol was intended for Hal. Even when she's with Kyle, she'll end up back with Hal at some point. Kyle needs his own main squeeze. If Kyle/Carol sticks around for awhile then I could see it as formidable pairing as opposed to shock value/flash-in-the-pan. At least Hal has Cowgirl as a backup.
    My other problem with it is that it just makes Carol look like one of those insecure women who needs a man to feel good about themselves. I get that she's a Star Sapphire and they "need" love to make their powers work and there's nothing wrong with that, but A) the current situation just makes Kyle look like a chump she's using (which might be what they intend) and B) there are many other types of love, besides romantic love.

Anyway, its just sad that, instead of allowing things to actually develop naturally in the Hal/Carol relationship or at least allow her to find herself, the writers seem to want to make Carol into someone whose sole purpose is to be someone else's love interest who jumps around from guy to guy.

However, I'm not too worried about where they're gonna end up. The Hal/Carol pairing is like a "will they/won't they" TV couple. Of course the audience knows that they're gonna end up together, but the writers always feel the need to have other love interests come and go in order to make things "interesting" and "tense". It never occurs to them that people might actually want to see a relationship play out and develop.

I feel like either you guys read way too much into the psyche of Carol/Hal along with Carol/Kyle. I just see it as both are in space and they fall for for each other. Does it mean they are destined? Nope but I mean I guess things happen in space. Hell if I was floating around space with some lady, I would be keen.

It gets people talking and it makes new stories. Not always fun going with the status quo. Anyway my feelings on the pairing is meh, I don't really care. I mean it is not like "Eww they shouldn't be together", it is just whatever for me.

"meh"

"eww"

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I feel like either you guys read way too much into the psyche of Carol/Hal along with Carol/Kyle. I just see it as both are in space and they fall for for each other. Does it mean they are destined? Nope but I mean I guess things happen in space. Hell if I was floating around space with some lady, I would be keen.

It gets people talking and it makes new stories. Not always fun going with the status quo. Anyway my feelings on the pairing is meh, I don't really care. I mean it is not like "Eww they shouldn't be together", it is just whatever for me.
    I dare you to ready from New Guardians 12- the end Lights out and say that again.
    -New guardians 12-20 the only thing that happened is Carol training Kyle to get Hal back and Kyle Acknowledging that Carol is just using him to get her Boyfriend back ( I'm reading them again right now).
    -Light Outs roll around Carol has a sudden and out of place connection to Kyle ( like Episode 11 of House of Cards season 2 ).

-Kyle is oblivious to any feelings Carol has until it was pointed out several issues later, then came the annual.

honestly the relationship reminds me of one of those bad manga relationship where the guy only gets into a relationship because the girl loves him not because the feelings mutual.

If this doesn't scream rebound i dont know what would

What's that, him seeing her as Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What's that, him seeing her as Alex?
    Reality warping from a few seconds anyway he changed her into Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    that was a really weird moment. and somehow carol was fine with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    On a totally unrelated note, I didn't know Alex was a Trojan

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Aside from the Kyle/Carol pairing, I also disliked his relationship with Soranik Natu. That was mostly because I couldn't care less about Kyle and I thought Natu was pretty cool. Then, once Tomasi took over GLC, along came Kyle and suddenly Natu's narrative shifted from interesting things like her hinted lineage and conflict with being a Lantern to standard Rayner-relationship drama.
    I liked Tomasi's run on the title, but that was a definite low point IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Guy Gardner and his mustache - Nooepe
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

this?

or this?

of all the relationships kyle had, i liked alex the most. the refrigerator thing was a real shocker.

kyle with jade and soranik were ok with me.

i'm not really that much of a fan for the kyle/donna and kyle/carol relationship.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    this?
    I prefer this Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I prefer this Guy

that made laugh out loud.

I was ok with Kyle and Soranik. Why do I have this feeling like they'd hook up Hal with Soranik in the Sinestro series? Could just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    On a totally unrelated note, I didn't know Alex was a Trojan
    Obviously it is the most important part of the panel. Even though I'm into the whole college sports thing. It's not fun watching it compared to a rousing game of professional sports.