Default 0 issues versus a a #1 issue

I'm not for sure if I get the new #0 issue. Maybe somebody can help me. When they first did 0 month I thought it was all about origins. But justice league united and futures end had 0s and they were very important books. Actually they felt more like number 1s. If you missed the 0 you would have no idea what's happening

Would love some thoughts and opinions

For newer series', the zero issue is really the 'number one' issue. For those books that debuted with the relaunch, the zero issue was a side gimmick.

So with new series, it's expected that you start with the zero issue. Nearly every DC series in the 'New 52' has a zero issue, they just tend to start with them now as opposed to the launch titles that had them twelve issues in.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

I think it's just a marketing thing, they want to try and emulate sales for #0 as they do for #1. DC are at least not as bad as Marvel (yet), at the house of ideas they seem to reboot volumes and number randomly for no reason other than sales.

Contrary to what klinton just said, it does not look like it's going to be a new DC policy to start with a 0 issue. Almost all of DC's books have have started/will start with 1. Upcoming new series like Grayson and Teen Titans are not getting a debut 0 issue. Due to DC heavily marketing JLU and Future's End, I believe the decision to make those 2 books start with 0 is entirely motivated by money. Typically, a book's sales drop a lot after the first issue. Giving a book a debut 0 issue, in a sense, gives it 2 first issues, thus extending the time before the second issue drop in sales.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Contrary to what klinton just said, it does not look like it's going to be a new DC policy to start with a 0 issue. Almost all of DC's books have have started/will start with 1. Upcoming new series like Grayson and Teen Titans are not getting a debut 0 issue. Due to DC heavily marketing JLU and Future's End, I believe the decision to make those 2 books start with 0 is entirely motivated by money. Typically, a book's sales drop a lot after the first issue. Giving a book a debut 0 issue, in a sense, gives it 2 first issues, thus extending the time before the second issue drop in sales.
    exactly. it's just a marketing tactic. i mean, there is something appealing about a 0 issue.