Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default ABC Renews "Agents of SHIELD," Picks Up "Agent Carter"

Marvel TV scores two wins, with "Agents of SHIELD" renewed for a second season on ABC, and a series order from the network for "Agent Carter."

Full article here.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Saw Agents of SHIELD coming. I am really intrigued by Agent Carter.

I lost interest in SHIELD pretty quickly. I'll give Agent Carter a shot, though.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

I don't watch Agents of SHIELD, but I'm so down for Agent Carter. I love the character (the only lead female MCU character really worth a damn, IMO), and Hayley Atwell plays her with so much charm, intelligence and strength. After finally seeing the Marvel One Shot about Carter recently, I could definitely get into a weekly series revolving around her.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Amazing Member

Glad to hear that Agents of SHIELD got renewed.I have enjoyed this series so far.The potential for new characters is endless.I really like BJ Britt who plays Agent Triplett.

Really happy to hear this. I do hope ABC moves AOS to a different time slot. And I also hope they use Agent Carter as a replacement for AoS while the show is on winterbreak.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, *******

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Ultimate Member

I wasn't big on AOS early on. However, ever since the Lorelei episode, it's gotten really good. I'm really happy that Agent Carter got picked up as well. More Hayley Atwell is never a bad thing.

Incredible Member

Looking forward to both. Agents of SHIELD has gotten better as the series progresses. Looking forward to a good period piece of Marvel Cinematic Universe with Agent Carter.

Frankly I hope Agents of Shield stays where it is. It's the only night I don't have anything on. Agent Carter can either follow it or be on sundays between once upon a time and revenge.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Yaa-Hoo!
    I'm pleased that AOS has been renewed, and with Agent Carter I now have two reasons to watch ABC.

Good Times!

I'm really curious to see where this big push for comic book adaptions on tv came from? to me it seems like DC and Marvel are in some kind of giant pissing match of some kind.

Was there something i missed that signaled this push from the big two? are Arrow and AOS so successful that the tv studios are throwing just about anything they can out there now?

Mind you i'm not really complaining at all since this will be good for everyone all around as long as the quality of the shows are there and the shows aren't just rushed through.

Awesome! I was worried AoS wouldn't make it when the ratings didn't increase in direct correlation with the improvements in quality, but if it keeps getting better then maybe more people will catch on / come back. It's been pretty dang fun lately.

Also really looking forward to Agent Carter! I agree that it'd be cool as a winter mini series.. I think I remember reading somewhere that that was supposedly the plan. Hope Dominic Cooper is back as Stark.

I really liked the Agent Carter one-shot. If this takes place during the formation of SHIELD though, the interesting thing will really be to see if they show the infiltration of Hyrda during this period. At this point, there's no way they can have a show about SHIELD's formation and not include Zola. We know Hydra essentially ends up winning, so .... that'll be interesting.

And of course an AOS crossover HAS to be in the works!!! Carters's still alive in the present day, after all....

Oh, and throw in an Invader or two! How cool would that be?? ( I envision Carter running into Union Jack - a flag-clad hero inspired by Capt Rogers - that could be fun ...) Would Marvel have the rights to a Jim Hammond Human Torch?? (Fox might own the name "Human Torch", but Jim Hammond as an artificial man who lights on fire? I can see that)

And I'd love to see them actually use of the old spy-tech that was recently featured on "AOS" - shared universe, shared props!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-08-2014 at 08:36 PM.

BANNED

SHIELD has gotten better and better, and the Agent Carter series sounds great as well. Love period pieces, plus maybe we'll get to see the Howlers in their roles as early SHIELD agents.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I really liked the Agent Carter one-shot. If this takes place during the formation of SHIELD though, the interesting thing will really be to see if they show the infiltration of Hyrda during this period. At this point, there's no way they can have a show about SHIELD's formation and not include Zola. We know Hydra essentially ends up winning, so .... that'll be interesting.

And of course an AOS crossover HAS to be in the works!!! Carters's still alive in the present day, after all....

Oh, and throw in an Invader or two! How cool would that be?? ( I envision Carter running into Union Jack - a flag-clad hero inspired by Capt Rogers - that could be fun ...) Would Marvel have the rights to a Jim Hammond Human Torch?? (Fox might own the name "Human Torch", but Jim Hammond as an artificial man who lights on fire? I can see that)

And I'd love to see them actually use of the old spy-tech that was recently featured on "AOS" - shared universe, shared props!
    I'm pretty sure Jim Hammond made a very small cameo in the first Cap movie.