Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Quote Originally Posted by scusemeprincess View Post
    pretty cool total lack of imagination you've got there
    Making a judegment on something even i'm not sure of doesn't say alot to you. I have no idea why i'm not impressed with superspeed, maybe because i was put off by Quicksilver(the first speedster i meet and to this day i still don't like) i honestly don't know and i have never really tried to give it that much thought i can list at least half a dozen abilities i would rather have before superspeed heck i could maybe make it a even dozen.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Making a judegment on something even i'm not sure of doesn't say alot to you. I have no idea why i'm not impressed with superspeed, maybe because i was put off by Quicksilver(the first speedster i meet and to this day i still don't like) i honestly don't know and i have never really tried to give it that much thought i can list at least half a dozen abilities i would rather have before superspeed heck i could maybe make it a even dozen.
    Well, this is why having superspeed is cool.

Maybe that’s it I haven’t seen it utilized properly, I think it would be good for rescue work but in a super hero fight in the comics I have read I haven’t been impressed. On film/tv it kinda looks impressive but Quicksilver was a bit of a d**k (which is normal for him) and the flash has only had two episodes.
    It is one of those powers that if you wrote the speedster as living up to his or her full potential that the rest of the team could be obsolete.
    So writers tend not to utilise it properly.

Maybe I’m a showman and I like people to see what I’m doing or maybe there’s another reason since they aren’t that many normal human speedsters (the only ones that come to mind would be Flash (family) and Quicksilver) I mean I like Spitfire but she has the normal vamp powers as well.
    Your comment about people seeing what you're doing just made me think of this scene from Ultimates.
    Where Quicksilver saves Hawkeye from a speedster faster than the eye can see and then Hawkeye tells him off for not helping. LOL

Looks like you're right, being a speedster is a thankless job.

I’m not a big Dc reader actually that’s not true I don’t read DC full stop so I haven’t read any of the Flash. I have seen him in Smallville but at times it was impressive but Impluse wasn’t actually in it that much and Clark had other abilities other than just super speed. I’m watching the Flash and surprisingly I’m enjoying it, there were sequences in DOFP that I enjoyed relating to super speed so maybe it will rise on my list or maybe I will understand why it can be a great power. Then again I wouldn’t be putting Quicksilver on my Christmas card list.
    Nobody has Quicksilver on their Christmas card list....maybe Wanda.

For me it’s usually invisibility or elemental ones (kinda like the human torch(s), storm) I have at times said healing factor but super speed is low on my list.
    Invisibility is a terrible power for someone who want people to see what they're doing. (I jest, I jest)

Don't worry about it, like I mentioned earlier, people are probably just surprised to see someone who doesn't think it's an impressive power.
    But if anyone is gonna put you off the idea of superspeed it's definitely gonna be Pietro. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53OyPYa7SEI
    Loved that scene. There's a small scene where he goes up against Justice Lord Superman as well that is great.
    The first part of this video:-

And with that I promise to stop talking about superspeed, unless I'm discussing Quicksilver.
    Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 10-21-2014 at 04:22 AM. Reason: so many typos
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I’m at work dragon so I’ll check it out later.

[QUOTE=anthony_lynch15;626201]It is one of those powers that if you wrote the speedster as living up to his or her full potential that the rest of the team could be obsolete.
    So writers tend not to utilise it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Your comment about people seeing what you're doing just made me think of this scene from Ultimates.
    Where Quicksilver saves Hawkeye from a speedster faster than the eye can see and then Hawkeye tells him off for not helping. LOL

Looks like you're right, being a speedster is a thankless job.
    That actually got me smiling, Quicksilver looks like he wants to kill Hawkeye, truthfully I can’t blame him.

Nobody has Quicksilver on their Christmas card list....maybe Wanda.
    If there is a quicksilver appreciation thread I’m sure you would find plenty of people to disagree its why I don’t visit

Invisibility is a terrible power for someone who want people to see what they're doing. (I jest, I jest)
    True but they are times when someone doesn’t want to be seen, it would be a good power for a spy and other things that are bad and should not be talked about.

Don't worry about it, like I mentioned earlier, people are probably just surprised to see someone who doesn't think it's an impressive power.
    But if anyone is gonna put you off the idea of superspeed it's definitely gonna be Pietro. LOL
    Maybe Barry Allan will convert me.

Loved that scene. There's a small scene where he goes up against Justice Lord Superman as well that is great.
    The first part of this video:-

And with that I promise to stop talking about superspeed, unless I'm discussing Quicksilver.
    Another vid to check out later but it’s not too bad I watch the JL Animated shows when they were on, as well as Young Justice, Smallville so this could be a refresher.
    Truth is the best policy

UNCANNY AVENGERS #1
    RICK REMENDER (w) • DANIEL ACUñA (a/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY GABRIELE DELL'OTTO
    INHUMANS 50th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY LADRÖNN
    Teaser Variant by Daniel Acuña
    WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    YOUNG VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    COUNTER-EVOLUTIONARY PART 1
    • From the ashes of AXIS an all-new, all different Avengers assemble!
    • The tragedy at the end of AXIS has left the Uncanny Avengers vulnerable, and someone is taking advantage of it.
    • One of the Avengers oldest foes returns with a terrible secret that will, all hyperbole aside, shatter the lives of two members of the squad.
    • What is Counter-Earth? What terrible secrets does it house?
    32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

I think I figured it out. The villain is the High Evolutionary. The two Avengers are Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. The twins are not mutants. The High Evolutionary gave them their powers. He may even be their real father. Counter-Earth was created by the High Evolutionary.

Extraordinary Member

Super speedsters are constantly "jobbed" in comics, but Pietro especially, because he doesn't have the Flash's range of secondary powers. All he's got is speed. Well, speed is not only hard to portray, but as others have pointed out, if you portray super-speed logically, then no one should be able to catch him. Instead what happens is that we see Pietro running fast over a relatively short distance, and characters can see him and stop him - but then how fast can he possibly be going?

So what happens is that Pietro is constantly getting caught, captured, knocked out even though by rights he should be way too fast for any of those things to happen to him, and the writers rarely try to explain how he got caught. That leaves him looking like one of the weaker characters, since he's not a big strong guy, yet he seems just as easy to catch as the big strong guys.

There's been some attempt to fix that and make his speed powers more impressive, so hopefully this will continue in the new book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #1
    RICK REMENDER (w) • DANIEL ACUñA (a/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY GABRIELE DELL'OTTO
    INHUMANS 50th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY LADRÖNN
    Teaser Variant by Daniel Acuña
    WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    YOUNG VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    COUNTER-EVOLUTIONARY PART 1
    • From the ashes of AXIS an all-new, all different Avengers assemble!
    • The tragedy at the end of AXIS has left the Uncanny Avengers vulnerable, and someone is taking advantage of it.
    • One of the Avengers oldest foes returns with a terrible secret that will, all hyperbole aside, shatter the lives of two members of the squad.
    • What is Counter-Earth? What terrible secrets does it house?
    32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

I think I figured it out. The villain is the High Evolutionary. The two Avengers are Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. The twins are not mutants. The High Evolutionary gave them their powers. He may even be their real father. Counter-Earth was created by the High Evolutionary.
    He also gave Magneto his powers back. T Mists anyone?

Extraordinary Member

I have no idea if Remender is thinking of this, but just before Stan Lee left "Avengers" he seemed to be setting up a storyline (in that book and "Thor") where Wanda and Pietro might turn out to be not mutants, but products of the High Evolutionary's experiments.

Avengers 30:

Thor 134:

No one ever returned to this idea, though the lights on the mountaintop were later used as the basis for the Chthon story. But it is there if someone wants to return to it. We'll see what ol' Evolutionary is up to.

I hope this at least means we get to see Bova (I know she may have died in New Warriors recently, but that doesn't mean much).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'm surprised there isn't an Inhuman character on the team.
    If they really want a unity team, they should not only include an Inhuman, but bring Sersi or Starfox back to represent the Eternals and Namorita to represent the Atlanteans. I'd rather Namora, but I'm hoping that the Agents of Atlas are still around and will come back someday. I don't know any Deviants who would make a good member, but one can be created if there aren't any good established ones. That would be a team that represents all of Earth's major branches of humanity.
    Not Peter David.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I have no idea if Remender is thinking of this, but just before Stan Lee left "Avengers" he seemed to be setting up a storyline (in that book and "Thor") where Wanda and Pietro might turn out to be not mutants, but products of the High Evolutionary's experiments.

Avengers 30:

Thor 134:

No one ever returned to this idea, though the lights on the mountaintop were later used as the basis for the Chthon story. But it is there if someone wants to return to it. We'll see what ol' Evolutionary is up to.

I hope this at least means we get to see Bova (I know she may have died in New Warriors recently, but that doesn't mean much).
    It seems that one time Marvel thought Wondagore was a good source for origins seeing as how Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Spider-Woman all have connections with the place. Even Wolverine was going to be a creation of the High Evolutionary at some point in his createn, before he was shown to be a mutant.
    Not Peter David.