Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    All of these relaunches only makes things confusing to the readers. Too much obsession with going after DC's New 52, which is a terrible idea.
    Who is confused?

BANNED

Just my opinion here:
    Scarlet Witch- I am kind of over her and her non-descript powers. The current issue of Fantastic Four has her now creating teleportation portals...I liked her old fluffy clouds of non-descript ability better (lol). Glad the cape is gone. I wonder if she is going to be the new Sorceress Supreme they speak about in the Axis 5 preview (it would make sense for it to be Illyana since she is actually training with Stevie but she is in the other Marvel line so I doubt that would work).
    Quicksilver, sorry to see X-Factor go but glad he will be on a book, and I am digging the hair.
    Vision...I have been over it since way before this. Sorry to see it in the book but I get it with the movie coming up.
    Brother Voodoo...
    Rogue, if Simon pulls out of inside her but she is left with some after effects (aka her old Ms. Marvel powers) this could be alright.
    Wolverine, I like Sabertooth as a villero, he has always fit that bill for me more so than the Wolverine version who was always a killer trying to pretend otherwise (IMO). Sabertooth owns up to it and his clean cut look is a winner.
    Falcap...no thanks.

Interesting overall in the makeup of the team. No real "big name" characters but they all have a dark-side, almost like the Uncanny X-Force of the Avengers, Remember may just kill this!
    I have a feeling that whomever the big enemy is will be telling the siblings they are either not really twins or their mother was an inhuman or something that takes away their mutant card. Just my thoughts mind you but I could see this being a reality. Like their Mother was an Inhuman that impregnated herself and Magneto is not their Father...
    I will follow the title but until I see some reviews I will probably only buy in trade or cheap digital.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Yeah. If they needed a Wolverine, I really don't understand why they would not just use the heroic one - Laura Kinney aka X-23.
    The original Wolverine was not heroic, Sabertooth owns his business and is much more forthright with his intentions than James ever would have allowed himself to ever be. This fits well with the Avengers needing a "crossing the line" character.
    He may not be going by Wolverine though, or it may be temporary until X takes over the mantle so Marvel can chalk another diversity notch. She does need a codename for sure though.
    Last edited by Daymare; 10-17-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Very nice lineup, I'm excited for this, although I wish they didn't relaunch the numbering, it's really annoying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wonder Man at least might still be around, if they wanna keep an old school super powered Rogue on the team.

I imagine Vision being around will make things with Wanda and Simon in Rogues body kinda weird.
    I certainly hope so.

That's a great lineup.
    Will be getting this for definite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    WHAT THE ?!?

Sabertooth in an Avenger team ?!?

X-men I could understand, but AVENGERS ?!?

Now I know this is a Bad idea waiting to backfire.
    I think it'll make for an interesting read.
    But there's gonna have to be a seriously elaborate and convoluted story to make me accept that the Avengers would let Creed on a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    We still haven't seen how inverted, heroic Sabretooth acts yet, so we'll have to wait and see how that'll go down on that front.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Inverted Sabretooth.
    I wonder what specific aspect of his personality will get changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I really hope some stuff get cancelled because I MUST have this. I wonder though, is there going to be an Astonishing Avengers, the one with the villains?
    I was wondering about the Astonishing Avengers book too? Never occurred to me it could be a villain team though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Jarvis should really use his expertise in genetics more often.
    (I jest )

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    that was never confirmed by anyone other than the avengers housemaid who was obviously having a bad day. hardly a credible source.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Wow, Acuna really sucks at costume design.
    I quite like most of them.
    Quicksilver's isn't the best, but I think it might be inspired by the X-Men Evolution costume.

And Vison's seems strange.
    But I like the others.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

I'm down with this because of brother Voodoo, and I've always liked Sabertooth as a hero; I wish Sunfire was on the team, though. Sam Wilson seems to be all over the place, isn't he? I'm wondering how the other Avenger teams are going to shape up, though. I'm also glad i don't have to read about Sabertooth on an x book, as they are hard for me to get into, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I like the lineup but hate Remanders writing and have never been a fan of Acuna's art.
    I agree with this message.

Quote Originally Posted by BH123 View Post
    Has Deadpool ever been an Avenger? By now it seems like pretty much EVERYONE in the Marvel universe has been a member of one Avengers team or another. Does that include Wade? I'd love to see him on this particular team since Rick Remember scripts him very well, and with his smart@$$ attitude he would so totally cheese off that pompous jerk Quicksilver.

Actually at this point I'm hoping someone, indeed anyone, from this new Uncanny Avengers line-up will ponch out Pietro sooner rather than later
    No, no, a thousand times NO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Kind of disappointed that Alex isn't in the group. And I honestly wasn't expecting Sam to be in this Avengers team in addition to the other two that he's already part of.

But overall the roster looks fun. Dr. Voodoo being in it is a particular highlight for me.

Also glad Acuna is on board. He sort of became the unofficial Uncanny Avengers artist in my mind (Cassidy just didn't do it for me), so him being there is a nice plus.
    Wait- other TWO? Where else is Capfalc avenging besides here and Mighty?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Wait- other TWO? Where else is Capfalc avenging besides here and Mighty?
    I think they may be referring to the Avengers "proper" team whatever that may be once it is figured out, then Mighty, and his own...I actually thought the same thing though "how many more titles can he be in?" He does not appear to be the lead in this one at least.

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    Agreed on all points. (Although it's Remender, not Remander) The cover looks great, (and thank god they at least improved Rogue's horrible UA costume), but I've found Acuña's interior work to often be muddy and unattractive. (I know I'm in the minority on that).

Great lineup, but will pass on this.
    You are not a minority in that

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    You are not a minority in that
    At least not in this fórum.

BANNED

For me, the main issue is trying to think in my head how the team will interact off of the field. This does not seem to be the type of team that would sit around and have a strategy meeting over dinner or even ask the other how their day is. Vision and QS will be fawning over Wanda and the others are kind of creepy or anti-social. A big part of a team to me is them actually being a team (like in Mighty Avengers when they were telling Wonder Man his costume was nasty), that is fun to me. The filled to the brim with dark and brooding is not enjoyable in long stretches.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    For me, the main issue is trying to think in my head how the team will interact off of the field. This does not seem to be the type of team that would sit around and have a strategy meeting over dinner or even ask the other how their day is. Vision and QS will be fawning over Wanda and the others are kind of creepy or anti-social. A big part of a team to me is them actually being a team (like in Mighty Avengers when they were telling Wonder Man his costume was nasty), that is fun to me. The filled to the brim with dark and brooding is not enjoyable in long stretches.
    Yeah I can hardly imagine Sabretooth just chilling with the others and having dinner and all that.
    Maybe he goes full Wolverine you know. At day he runs around with these guys and being all heroic and at night he is in a death squad with X-23, Daken, Mystique and Lady Deathstrike doing a bit less heroic things.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I think a good amount of the members actually could be social. Depending on how things play out in Axis, they may have a relationship to build upon there, but I don't see Sam Wilson or Brother/Doctor Voodoo as anti social. Sabertooth is on the sadistic side , but I'd say he's a very vocal person as well.