Extraordinary Member

Default Meliodas, Ban, Diane, King, and Gowther vs. Byakuya, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Hitsugaya, and Shinji

The Seven deadly sins take on the captains of the Gotei Thirteen

Meliodas vs. Byakuya

Ban vs. Mayuri

Diane vs. Kenpachi

King vs. Hitsugaya

Gowther vs. Shinji

The sins are as they were at the beginning of the rescue Elizabeth arc, and the captains are as they were during the Arrancar Arc

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Nanatsu no Taizai kind of has nebulous levels of speed. Some people have got decent feats but they are nowhere near the ridiculous algorithmic levels of Bleach.

Bleach blitzes for the win pretty consistently.

Well... let's look at this case by case.

I'm less sure Byakuya can really hurt Meliodas significantly, especially if he starts rocking his demon form, but the Captain will never touch Byakuya and eventually the bigger kidou spells will have an effect. Advantage Byakuya.

Mayuri uses one of his crazy poisons. Unless Ban's immortality has been shown to purge his system of poisons, which it hasn't to my knowledge, this goes badly for him. Advantage Mayuri.

If Kenpachi fights stupid, then Diane will wreck his shit pretty badly. If he fights like the quick and clever motherfucker he's supposed to be then this goes... kind of like Dreyfus vs Diane. Advantage Kenpachi unless his CIS is too big.

Hitsugaya freezes Chastiefol and King along with it. Advantage Hitsugaya.

Gowther could win this through mindrape but Shinji is way faster and far more powerful. Advantage Shinji.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Mayuri uses one of his crazy poisons. Unless Ban's immortality has been shown to purge his system of poisons, which it hasn't to my knowledge, this goes badly for him. Advantage Mayuri.
    I think that Ban would shrugg off the standard kill you dead kind of poison pretty easily. It is however Mayuri's creepy science poisons that would screw him over.
    If Kenpachi fights stupid, then Diane will wreck his shit pretty badly. If he fights like the quick and clever motherfucker he's supposed to be then this goes... kind of like Dreyfus vs Diane. Advantage Kenpachi unless his CIS is too big.
    I agree with you assessment of the other fights. But here I'm have a to respectfully disagree. Mainly with the idea that Arrancar arc Kenpachi would do anywhere as well as Dreyfus did against Diane. Especially in the strength department.

Off the top of my head Diane has strength feats like:
    - One-shotting Griamor's forcefield, even Hendricksen has trouble getting through that thing.
    - Over-powering Meliodas during their fight (not real serious Meliodas but still the same level of fighting that one-shot Twigo, ruined a large castle in a playful arm wrestling match and tossed a spear over seven miles in a few seconds).
    - Tossed three men so hard that they flew around 40 miles in a couple of minutes.

If you ask me that's just a whole different level of strength than what Kenpachi was sporting back then, even he's mainly got great striking feats. And while his endurance is top notch I'm not entirely sure that his durability can match it. Dude was in dangers of getting killed by Nnoitra, who just isn't as powerful as Diane is. Hell, all the feats above aren't even taking Gideon into the equation. I can't think of anything that would allow Kenpachi to stop Ground Gladius like Dreyfus did.

That thing is really freaking big.

No, I'm not disputing Diane's strength. Like I said, if she hits Kenpachi with anything significant - he is so dead. If Kenpachi does what he always does, which is dick around and deliberately take hits from his opponents before building his way up to serious moves, then he's going to lose pretty hard because Diane will mostly break him in one serious hit.

My problem is that Kenpachi, even being the comparative slowpoke that he is by the standards of Bleach, has speedfeats that make him way faster than anyone Diane's been shown to reliably tag. And he can fly so her ability to transmute the terrain is much less relevant to him.

So if Kenpachi being serious from the outset, which is the version I'm talking here, will immediately zip into point blank range and hit Diane with multiple kendo level strikes which will hurt her a lot. If she tries to counter, he's fast enough to dodge her and keep getting hits.

So... my point is that Kenpachi has the stats to win this, he just needs to get his head in the game or he's dead.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

No, I'm not disputing Diane's strength. Like I said, if she hits Kenpachi with anything significant - he is so dead. If Kenpachi does what he always does, which is dick around and deliberately take hits from his opponents before building his way up to serious moves, then he's going to lose pretty hard because Diane will mostly break him in one serious hit.

My problem is that Kenpachi, even being the comparative slowpoke that he is by the standards of Bleach, has speedfeats that make him way faster than anyone Diane's been shown to reliably tag. And he can fly so her ability to transmute the terrain is much less relevant to him.

So if Kenpachi being serious from the outset, which is the version I'm talking here, will immediately zip into point blank range and hit Diane with multiple kendo level strikes which will hurt her a lot. If she tries to counter, he's fast enough to dodge her and keep getting hits.

So... my point is that Kenpachi has the stats to win this, he just needs to get his head in the game or he's dead.
    i'm inclined to agree. a serious kenny is a dangerous kenny who wrecks people's days.

his shikai + kendo strikes will punch diane down in about 2-5 hits.

Extraordinary Member

how do the matches change if speed is equalized?

Extraordinary Member

My problem is that Kenpachi, even being the comparative slowpoke that he is by the standards of Bleach, has speedfeats that make him way faster than anyone Diane's been shown to reliably tag.
    Right right. Kenpachi's actually fast and Bleach passed what is considered fast in Nanatsu no Taizai by the time Renji and Byakuya showed. Why do I always forget that first part.
    And he can fly so her ability to transmute the terrain is much less relevant to him.
    ...*thinks really hard*

Has... has Kenpachi ever actually flown? Outside of filler and movies I mean.

I ave this vague memory that it was stated that he's got no skill with shunpo and his speed is just his own natural raw speed, which I could honestly totally buy. Which might actually mean that he can't do the whole standing in the air thing like people who can use shunpo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    how do the matches change if speed is equalized?
    Things become much more difficult for the captains, that's for sure.

Pretty much all of Byakuya's kido become useless against Meliodas' full counter and I would say that that the same applies to his shikai. Bankai would do better but Meliodas could deflect parts of with with a good swing and just tank through the rest. Byakuya could win since he has the range, but it would be difficult.

Either Ban rips off Mayuri's head or Mayuri's weird poison's saves him.

With his main advantage gone I could see Diane seriously smash Kenpachi to bits.

Toshiro vs. King would be a fun match with King using Chastiefol to smash Toshiro's ice attacks. I would probably give it to Toshiro though once he starts busting out the really big techniques.

It is a big possibility that Shinji gets mind-raped. Doesn't help that Gowther is awfully tricky to kill.

Totally forgot Meliodas had Full Counter. He should be able to beat Byakuya. He'll still have a devil of a time tagging him but Byakuya can do literally nothing to him.

I kind of feel like Kenpachi not being able to fly would have been mentioned by now. I mean, he seemed to fly after destroying the meteor with his Released Shikai but it was kind of ambiguous as to where he was standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Byakuya could win since he has the range.
    He does not.

Meliodas just swinging his sword at Byakuya would probably kill him from a distance considering the things that Meliodas has done by waving in something's general direction. (Barring Byakuya dodging via superior speed.)

Also Meliodas does have ranged attacks.