Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: DC's "Earth 2: World's End" January Solicits, Cover Art

Get an exclusive first look at Guillem March's cover for "Earth 2: World's End" #16 along with the weekly series' full January solicits info.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member

I'm really liking this Val Zod character.

Fantastic Member

Why is Power Girl wearing an S symbol? That's the one big 'absolutely not' of things you should do to her costume.

They finally got rid of the boob window

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    Why is Power Girl wearing an S symbol? That's the one big 'absolutely not' of things you should do to her costume.
    Well she is A MEMBER Of the Superman of Earth-2 family and this is a great way to try to honor her fallen cousin.

Fantastic Member

Basically my view on the subject. Covering up the boob window is a good idea - although I'd sooner have made the costume full-length instead like the one in the Futures End issue - but replacing it with the S is missing the entire point of Power Girl.

Huge fan of the boob window here... but I can understand getting rid of it if she is trying to pay respect to her family and fallen cousin but if you are going to get rid of the boob window then do something with her legs too... It just looks ridiculous without the boob window.

Amazing Member

I agree that's true for Pre-Crisis Power Girl since she wanted to be respected on her own merits (and talked directly about that). The New 52 Power Girl, however, has a much more positive and parent-child relationship with Clark and Lois Kent. The fact that her father figure (apparently) died for that world but his memory (and symbol) was tarnished by an impostor gives her a reason to wear and rehabilitate the meaning of that symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They finally got rid of the boob window
    And yet Lois is running around naked.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Amazing Member

Basically my view on the subject. Covering up the boob window is a good idea - although I'd sooner have made the costume full-length instead like the one in the Futures End issue - but replacing it with the S is missing the entire point of Power Girl.
    Must have been posting at about the same time! I really liked that scene and made me appreciate Power Girl more than Supergirl and I do think that's the "point" of pre-Crisis Power Girl. For good or ill, the New 52 iteration isn't quite the same character to me. It feels to me like Supergirl and Power Girl are inverted in the New 52: Power Girl was more impressionable and was raised, in part, by the Kents, whereas Supergirl was the older cousin who had her own identity before coming to Earth and has to get used to the idea that she is now seen as derivative of Superman, and that didn't sit well.

Amazing Member

Imo, the point is that the 'P' was knockoff of the 'S' and that's not what she's about.

However, she IS a member of the House of El, and if anything, she's Superman's superior- she was born before him. She has every right to bear the crest of her family proudly, because it's not Superman's symbol, it's her family's.
    So I'd say that her having an 'S' on her costume >>>> her having a 'P' or a boob window.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well she is A MEMBER Of the Superman of Earth-2 family and this is a great way to try to honor her fallen cousin.
    Superman acts more like his dad (and Lois as her mother. She did call Lois 'ma' in Worlds End #1....or was it World's Finest #28? I forgot).

So, great way to honor her 'dad'.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

The avatar of the Red of Earth 2 is released – and the battle turns for the heroes of Earth 2 as her power is used for both good and evil.
    Awesome!

Wonder whether we will get another version of Swamp Thing? (Alan's GL is sort of like Swamp Thing...being able to control green). I wonder how they would see each other? Both of them are hailed as champions of green.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

The S doesn't stand for superman so i dont see the big deal if a member of the house of EL wears the House of EL symbol in honor of her dead cousin/foster father.

Amazing Member

I don't see any problem...for this version. Kara was wearing the El symbol when she was Supergirl and only took another name to not get associated with Earth-0's Superman. Now that her "dad"/cousin dies, she wears the symbol again out of respect for him.