Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I know right. Creaters joke about a reboot, but still they have plans years into the future full of stories. Marvel doesn't re pot DC does.
    X-Men Forever

Dc just surpassed marvel in market share.

Axel just said this will close 75 years, and set up the next 75 years of publishing. If not a reboot, its no doubt leading to a reset. Problematic elements will be left out. Creepy xavier, out. Convuloted wolverine, out. White males dominating the books, out. Old fashioned Fantastic Four, out. Heroes being heroes, out. Who needs that? So corny!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Reboot

No doubt about it, now.
    There did seem to be emphasis on people willing to embrace change at the beginning, which.. i've yet to see the majority of people willingly embrace change and be happy about it.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Mighty Member

For September. They always win September. And not much else after.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Mr. Alonso, when people complained about "too much Wolverine" that didn't mean that they wanted him gone completely. They just didn't like that you shoehorned into like 20 books at once, regardless of whether he really fit there or did anything truly important. You basically went to the completely opposite extreme with this, which is NOT what people were asking for.
    THIS. This is exactly how a lot of people feel, I'd wager.

This all in business spooks me, I always cut titles where they become a crossover to some garbage event so this might be all of them lol.

Axel just said this will close 75 years, and set up the next 75 years of publishing. If not a reboot, its no doubt leading to a reset. Problematic elements will be left out. Creepy xavier, out. Convuloted wolverine, out. White males dominating the books, out. Old fashioned Fantastic Four, out. Heroes being heroes, out. Who needs that? So corny!
    Actually would be nice to have Xavier back in the comics rather than the destroyed character he has become.

BANNED

Reboot

No doubt about it, now.
    Won't be a reboot or restart, it will be a refresh or reconfiguring All of these events they are promoting will be revisited and slightly changed so the current status quo is slightly altered but the events still happen. It will leave everything changed but familiar and blended...that's my guess.

BANNED

I'd be OK with all of that. Just do a better job with your resets (I'm looking at you Marcus Johnson).

Spectacular Member

I hope now CBR and Newsarama will stop their silly speculation of an imminent Reboot by Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by dogwelder View Post
    "A lot of folks complained we were publishing too much Wolverine, we listened."

Then why is there 5 Wolverine titled comics solicited for November??
    haha yeah my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by LGBoex View Post
    I hope now CBR and Newsarama will stop their silly speculation of an imminent Reboot by Marvel
    umm yea no that's exactly what it sounds like will happen with Secret Wars, a line-wide reboot

Quote Originally Posted by dogwelder View Post
    "A lot of folks complained we were publishing too much Wolverine, we listened."

Then why is there 5 Wolverine titled comics solicited for November??
    So that these titles will sell even if Wolverine himself won't be in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Semicyon View Post
    I love the idea of Wolverine being out of the picture for a bit but it's too bad that he will probably not be around for the 75th anniversary. His presence in Marvel's events has literally been taken for granted and has become almost a crutch for Marvel: If you want to draw attention to comic, include Wolverine. He became ubiquitous because he is a great character. Benching him for awhile and not letting the readers know exactly when he's coming back can refresh the property and make more explicit his value to the Marvel Universe (beyond the obvious financial value to the company but to the dynamics of the shared universe).
    Which was already happening in the 90s.
    Remember how the X-men weren't involved in Infinity Gauntlet because (actual dialogue quote in the series) "maybe they're off the planet"?
    Yet Wolverine was somehow around.
    And I fully remember an article (I believe in Comics Scene) where they basically said that Chris Claremont didn't want to do tie-ins for Gauntlet, but Marvel decided to still put Wolverine in anyway.

So now, instead of putting the breaks a bit on the Wolverine overkill with too many appearances, they just went with kill the character.
    Eh whatever.
    "No exit strategy."
    There never are exit strategies until they bring the characters back as everyone expects anyway.