Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Anime/Music/Books Sub-Forums?

I expect that Games and TV/Film were the only resurrected forums of the old Media Forums group, because of their relatively higher post counts.

Nevertheless, I thought that I'd ask about these other sub-forums that for all that they were slow, sometimes contained rather interesting discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    I expect that Games and TV/Film were the only resurrected forums of the old Media Forums group, because of their relatively higher post counts.

Nevertheless, I thought that I'd ask about these other sub-forums that for all that they were slow, sometimes contained rather interesting discussion.
    We're hoping that Anime discussion will move to TV/Film and Books and Music discussion will move to Community.

^By extension, ED, I suppose that means that manga could find its place on the Independents forum?
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    ^By extension, ED, I suppose that means that manga could find its place on the Independents forum?
    Yep! That'll work just fine.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    We're hoping that Anime discussion will move to TV/Film and Books and Music discussion will move to Community.
    No offence but that seems like a really strange decision. The various sub-forums made it way easier to find specific discussions. I could understand making a catch-all media forum but won't this just mean that the Community forum will quickly become a bit of a mess?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    No offence but that seems like a really strange decision. The various sub-forums made it way easier to find specific discussions. I could understand making a catch-all media forum but won't this just mean that the Community forum will quickly become a bit of a mess?
    I agree with this. The Community forums were already a busy place before.

Similarly I am not sure about separating anime and manga. Many times they go hand in hand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Agree with this. Anime section should make a return.

o

Part-Time Pen Monkey

I'm attempting to get a hold of the Mod/Admin that'll be overseeing the Gaming section. I thought it was CONN SEANERY, but I wasnt sure if this was still going to be the case. The old gaming group SHSO/Marvel Gaming that was there was hoping to try and better organize with the forum reboot. Wanted to know if there was someone we could discuss things with, as the community would still like to keep CBR as our base of operation. We kinda have gone cold the last few months, trying to get some renewed life into things, and this might be the thing needed.

BANNED

Just a thought but the community forum tends to be rather active and I worry that books / music threads would get lost almost immediately. What about combining books / music / games into one forum? I totally agree that books and music were slow which is why perhaps combining would help.

Part-Time Pen Monkey

Personally I'd rather not combine books / music with gaming. Books and music topics would likely still be buried under gaming topics most the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham_Lord View Post
    I'm attempting to get a hold of the Mod/Admin that'll be overseeing the Gaming section. I thought it was CONN SEANERY, but I wasnt sure if this was still going to be the case. The old gaming group SHSO/Marvel Gaming that was there was hoping to try and better organize with the forum reboot. Wanted to know if there was someone we could discuss things with, as the community would still like to keep CBR as our base of operation. We kinda have gone cold the last few months, trying to get some renewed life into things, and this might be the thing needed.
    At the moment, it's unofficially me. Shoot me a PM.

Astonishing Member

How about a sticky Anime/Manga megathread in the general community forum? The old Anime Aficionado thread definitely got good activity especially since a lot of series did not have enough support to warrant standalone threads.

Part-Time Pen Monkey

At the moment, it's unofficially me. Shoot me a PM.
    Will do, thank you.

All-New Member

Since we have another week of no manga this week with Golden Week, any updates on a manga discussion forum?

Astonishing Member

We have a general manga thread for now. If the traffic becomes unbearable in that thread, they might create a sub-forum, but I doubt that would happen.