Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    It would be an incredibly smart move for the post BvS solo Batman film to be "Under the Red Hood."

Batman v. Superman is introducing the crap out of DKR elements and I'd like to think that includes the Jason Todd costume in a glass case. Which makes Under the Hood the perfect next step. You get Batman and Jena Malone Robin. You get a recast Joker (Paul Bettany, please? Or is that a conflict of interest?) You get the complex foil and angst machine that is Red Hood. You can reference Ra's al Ghul who people now know from Batman Begins, and Talia. And you get Nightwing, who you can spin-off, who can turn up in other DC movies as needed, who is the Fourth Musketeer of the Original Trinity.

A movie with Joker, Jason Todd and Dick Grayson would make millions.
    I don't know. UTRH requires an enormous amount of context for its full impact to be felt. I'm not sure a Robin suit in the cave and and whatever backstory they do in the first part of the proposed sequel would be enough. Perhaps it would, but if I were an exec at Warner Bros (which of course I'm not) I would look very hard at the demographic data for the UTRH animated feature (how many fans of the feature already knew the story, etc) before greenlighting something like that. You would have to get just the right casting for the main parts, and then you would also have to worry about whether the messages of UTRH would be accepted by a general audience. Especially if they show the murder of Jason at the beginning in gory detail (and that is almost a given if they decide to do the movie), you are running a very high risk that a general audience will turn against Batman at the end when he refuses to kill the Joker, especially if this is part of a series of movies where Superman (of all people) has already killed General Zod. So, it could work. It could be a major success, as you say. But it would also be a great risk and an enormous acting and directing challenge for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I don't know. UTRH requires an enormous amount of context for its full impact to be felt. I'm not sure a Robin suit in the cave and and whatever backstory they do in the first part of the proposed sequel would be enough. Perhaps it would, but if I were an exec at Warner Bros (which of course I'm not) I would look very hard at the demographic data for the UTRH animated feature (how many fans of the feature already knew the story, etc) before greenlighting something like that. You would have to get just the right casting for the main parts, and then you would also have to worry about whether the messages of UTRH would be accepted by a general audience. Especially if they show the murder of Jason at the beginning in gory detail (and that is almost a given if they decide to do the movie), you are running a very high risk that a general audience will turn against Batman at the end when he refuses to kill the Joker, especially if this is part of a series of movies where Superman (of all people) has already killed General Zod. So, it could work. It could be a major success, as you say. But it would also be a great risk and an enormous acting and directing challenge for everyone involved.
    It is pretty reliant on how heavily they play into the loss of Jason, before we get to his return. If the the whole "semi-retired" Batman thing is true, and the reason for that was Jason's death, then I could see it being a big part of Batman in BvS, and then could get expanded on in the solo Bat-movies.

I agree that the groundwork has to be there, in order for it to work.