Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    I doubt it's that from the clues Mark has given. Those aren't "HUGE" super heroes.
    They aren't even superheroes. Only DC and Marvel are allowed to make superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Given the clues, It sounds like Marvel has a better chance to get him.

He might not be the most original writet out there, but he IS fun to read.

EDIT: I hadnt looked at the drawings. JL makes sense. He has written the Flash and Supes, Red son still gives him tons of money and the drawings look very much like Metropolis and Daily Planet. I thought he was talking about Civil War, but this makes sense too.
    I don't see the trade mark globe on top of the building? Besides a water tower in metropolis seems out of place. A water tower is something connected with Frank Miller's Daredevil or Gotham to give it and edgy look not a look I connect with Metropolis which has always had a more futuristic and modern looking.

I wonder if Mark will break his record for the most "edgy" torture, murder and rape scenes ever in a comic!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

He's written some good DC stuff before, namely his run on SUPERMAN ADVENTURES.

His JUPITER'S LEGACY has also been pretty strong so far (STARLIGHT is starting to fall apart, into his usual shtick). I'd read a DC book by Millar, if it was at all like his SUPERMAN stuff. He, like Morrison, has a strong love of Kal-El so I'm sure he would do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    I wonder if Mark will break his record for the most "edgy" torture, murder and rape scenes ever in a comic!
    Has he even beaten Alan Moore?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Wait, is Invincible never referred to as a superhero in his comics? Or the guys in Jupiter's Legacy? I knew this was a thing because of the characters in the ABC line of books being referred to as "Science Heroes", but I didn't think that was still in effect. Also, Justice Forever are part of an Epic publication, an imprint of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    He's written some good DC stuff before, namely his run on SUPERMAN ADVENTURES.

His JUPITER'S LEGACY has also been pretty strong so far (STARLIGHT is starting to fall apart, into his usual shtick). I'd read a DC book by Millar, if it was at all like his SUPERMAN stuff. He, like Morrison, has a strong love of Kal-El so I'm sure he would do it justice.
    What Flash said. The era of his really GOOD comics (Red Son, Ultimates 2) seems to be behind him, but with the exception of the worst stuff I've heard about in Kick-Ass and the like his modern work is still usually fun. I'll definitely check this out.
    Buh-bye

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I'm just glad that DC is finally getting around to reprinting his Swamp Thing run.
    Definitely the best thing he ever did, imho...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Wait, is Invincible never referred to as a superhero in his comics? Or the guys in Jupiter's Legacy? I knew this was a thing because of the characters in the ABC line of books being referred to as "Science Heroes", but I didn't think that was still in effect. Also, Justice Forever are part of an Epic publication, an imprint of Marvel.

What Flash said. The era of his really GOOD comics (Red Son, Ultimates 2) seems to be behind him, but with the exception of the worst stuff I've heard about in Kick-Ass and the like his modern work is still usually fun. I'll definitely check this out.
    Epic is for creator owned titles so I don't know if that applies for what Marvel releasing or it only applies for characters by DC and Marvel. It should be noted (as the link also proves) that it is for marketing only they can be called whatever they want to in the book that DC and Marvel does not have control with. I was simply being tongue in cheek. It is not much different that Captain Marvel can be called Captain Marvel in the book but he can not be advertised as Captain Marvel because Marvel has a trademark on the word Marvel. I find both cases to be ridiculous. Freedome of speech (and the right to advertise) comes before trademarks.

This is awesome news for me as Millar is my favorite writer and have been wanting him to come back to DC for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Millar only used rape twice in his books and it happens off panel? I haven't every thing of his, but I know in Kick Ass 2 Katies rape happened off panel and I cant remember the other comic, but I remember some other sexual assault happening off panel in another comic of his.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Millar as always been a great writer to me... when Morrison wrote his stories with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Please let this not happen. He and Bendis wrecked the Marvel universe already.
    Then again, one of the few readable books MM did was "Red Son", a DC book.

I hated his Swamp Thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I'm just glad that DC is finally getting around to reprinting his Swamp Thing run.
    They are? When did this happen?

I don't generally double dip, but that run was too good to just sit in my loft in long boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I hated his Swamp Thing, though.
    Haven't seen anyone saying that before.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    They are? When did this happen?

I don't generally double dip, but that run was too good to just sit in my loft in long boxes.
    Supposed to come out next summer.
    http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1401252419
    BB

Hope he comes back I'm kind of interested to see what he does with Superman.
    Straight Shot Mob

Astonishing Member

He is, 100%, not going back to DC comics.