Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Avengers Undercover, #4

"DESCENT" PART 4 (OF 4): BARON ZEMO MAKES OUR YOUNG HEROES AN OFFER THEY CAN'T REFUSE!
    • What did the teen survivors of Murder World do last issue to become Public Enemy #1-and what does Zemo tempt them with in response?
    • Who accepts Zemo's invite? And who goes rogue?
    • Our first arc comes to a chilling close-and what happens here makes it too late for our heroes to go back!

Full article here.

This is pretty good, especially Cammi, but it makes me wonder why SHIELD was watching the live recording of Arcade's murder world/house in the first place. I mean weren't they trying to find him after Arena as well, but they only showed up after he was dead and then they throw a helicarrier at a bunch of teen heroes. This is why I am on Cyclops side.

Also, Chase is still making a lot of sense instead of sounding like an idiot. Hazmat did kill Arcade, not the rest of them. Why should the rest of them be in trouble? I get they were there too but he makes some sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    This is pretty good, especially Cammi, but it makes me wonder why SHIELD was watching the live recording of Arcade's murder world/house in the first place. I mean weren't they trying to find him after Arena as well, but they only showed up after he was dead and then they throw a helicarrier at a bunch of teen heroes. This is why I am on Cyclops side.

Also, Chase is still making a lot of sense instead of sounding like an idiot. Hazmat did kill Arcade, not the rest of them. Why should the rest of them be in trouble? I get they were there too but he makes some sense.
    its mentioned that Bagalia was the only place Arcade could hide after he replaced red skull and goblin as top of the hero community's pummel-on-sight list; what are the odds that zemo was the one interfering with SHIELD's efforts to track him (and definately would have had hellstorm blocking WAND) and, once he knew the kids were in the new murderworld, drop such interference and allow SHIELD come and arrest him, only for them to see our heroes beat arcade up (no problemo) and then execute (out of context, and as we've seen, not many do grasp just what arcade did to them) him. add to the fact that out of the six of them; one was sent to AA because she had all the hallmarks of a supervillain in the making, one's got a celtic war god (Deities not known for mercy) in him, one's part monster, one's a deathlok, one's spent a lot of time around drax (not always the securest of cannons) and two children of crime lords (one of whom probably screams dark magic to every mystic there is at this point)

i mean, its a decent trade. zemo sacrifices one up-until-recently-utterly-useless assassin with ego issues and who every hero and probably a fair amount of villains despise for getting his jollies at the expense of children; in exchange for six powerful and competant heroes who suddenly have nothing to go back to and perhaps no real desire to; with the added benefit of making captain america look like more of a jack-booted thug

That would actually make a lot of sense for Zemo to do something like that.

Astonishing Member

@king of hybrids

I hope you are right about Zemo's plan. It's a damned good one really.

Preview looks great, and let's not forget that Cullen did destroy a SHIELD facility in his monster form.

So since the solicitation asked who might join Zemo and the masters of evil and who won't, I'm gonna take a stab at it.

Who will and why: Cullen Bloodstone, he's pretty much already joined.
    Deathlocket, hasn't been a hero long so she might just go and join for all we know.
    Nico, I've got a bad feeling involving Hellstorm and the zombie Alex Wilder.

Who won't: Cammi, seems to be the moral hero of the group these past few issues.

Unsure of: Anachornism, Chase, and Hazmat. All three of these people seem to be treading a line, although Hazmat is a little closer to joining.

By the way, is anybody else getting a feeling like Hopeless is trying to set up Hazmat and Anachronism as a potential couple? Maybe it's just me but it feels to me like he is almost every time I read these two interacting.