Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Nothing beats the classics.
    Quoted for truth.
    http://diversionsofthegroovykind.blo...ter-of_29.html
    Last edited by Winterboy; 05-09-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bilblow Baggins View Post
    Just to clarify, I didn't mean verbose. I meant poorly written, like everything else with Benson's name on the cover. I found it to be littered with clichés, awkward to read with no flow. EDIT: Read the page above, then read Benson's attempt at that. It makes the new book look many times worse.

The sad part is that these C-list characters could be successful if they were given stronger teams out of the gate, as someone mentioned above. Look what Warren Ellis is doing on Moon Knight. That's how you do a relaunch. You use someone good, like Ellis. Shang Chi could have been done right, too, if he was being written by someone who actually had cool pulp sensibilities, like Rick Remender. Even the way Hickman portrays him in Avengers is great. But this? Dead on arrival.
    Ellis's Moonknight has been a revelation of exquisitely rendered and scripted minimalist mayhem.

I love it.

I agree with everything you've stated in your post.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    The complaints about the art are silly. It looks fine and should be enough to get new readers on board.
    You're right that the art looks fine, but if Marvel was serious about pushing the character out there, they should have done so in a manner that really accentuates what he's all about. And to that end, I think many MoKF fans would agree that the style of artwork (not only the quality) is pivotal. There is a lot of potential in the story that Benson is going for, regardless of whether or not he can pull it off properly, but TEH has an equally large task of rendering the theatrics to set the stage. I'm more than willing to see what the creative team can do with this book, but personally, they would not have been my first choice for handling a martial arts/espionage type of story.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Like yourself, I'll definitely pick the book up as the launch of a possible ongoing solo may be dependant on this mini selling well.

A lot of people fail to realize just how intrinsic artwork is to the appreciative process when reading comicbooks especially where the setting of tone and overall ambiance are concerned.

Marvel should really have considered assigning an artist to this project with a more visually compelling style.

Nothing beats the classics.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Ah! Diversions of the Groovy Kind. Terrific Blog which I need to visit a lot more often. Thanks for posting that link.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Disappointed in this 1st issue preview. Based on the writing and the art I am a NO when it comes to buying it.

Too bad..I am a martial arts fan...

does shang have a base of operations currently? Maybe he inherited some safehouses from his dad?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does shang have a base of operations currently? Maybe he inherited some safehouses from his dad?
    Avengers Tower? And he might have access to safehouses from MI6 and SHIELD, but probably nothing from his father. Fu Manchu/Zeng Zu would sooner see his resources destroyed than be used by his son.
    Last edited by Geno; 05-10-2014 at 09:06 AM.

He needs a new appreciation thread