Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blade vs Hellboy

The Daywalker dukes it out with the Beast of the Apocalypse. Who shall emerge victorious?

Movies or comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Movies or comics?
    Movie versions for both characters.

Blade have his equipment?

BANNED

Didn't a person draw blood from Hellboy by throwing a rock at his face? That makes me kinda sad for Hellboy. Also, when does he become..HellMAN? Well, probably not until he stops bleeding from rocks thrown by puny humans, is my guess.

Spectacular Member

Hellboy is one of those guys were it isn't hard to draw blood, but he keeps fighting through some pretty ridiculous injuries.

I don't think that Blade's guns are going to be able to drop Hellboy, as he's never shown a vulnerability to silver, but Blade has some real good speed feats. I don't think that Hellboy is fast enough to keep up with him, so Blade will eventually cut him down.

BANNED

He's not vulnerable to silver, but if a rock thrown by a normal person can cut him, why could a bullet not pierce his skin? I think he could take a lot of shots if you shot him in the chest, but I would imagine a bunch of shots to the face would be a different story. Unless the rock thing was a low showing, which it might of been.

Or maybe making him immune to fire..they had to give him a weakness too, so they thought "rocks". He probably bonded with Liz via mutual fear of rocks.
    Last edited by Surtur; 10-18-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Spectacular Member

Cutting skin isn't the same as going through bones.

I don't recall the scene where he was hit by a rock thrown by a normal person, but given how much glass was stuck in his back without severing his spine, it's either a low showing or irrelevant.

Movie Blade is fast, and Hellboy did almost die from fight with Prince Guy in two due to bladed weapon injuries. (i think he was drunk during that fight, but still, for him to get said injurie.s)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Cutting skin isn't the same as going through bones.

I don't recall the scene where he was hit by a rock thrown by a normal person, but given how much glass was stuck in his back without severing his spine, it's either a low showing or irrelevant.
    It's the scene after they kill the elemental and the people are demanding he give the baby that he saved back. A rock is thrown by someone, hits him, cuts him, Liz gets pissed and on fire and then everyone more or less backs down.

I really don't think the rock thing matters here. What I get from the films is the same I feel I get from the comics. Hellboy may bleed easy, but a little cut means nothing to him. Give me a free punch and I could probably give Hellboy a bloody nose. Give somebody 20 times my size a couple free punches and Hellboy would still be ready to fight while I'd be just a smear. Like when he fought that tentacle thing in the first film, got smashed against the floor a few times (where most all of us would be crippled for life from that), got eaten, and then the belt of grenades finally went off. Hellboy's response? "Gonna be sore in the morning." His durability in films it to be respected, no matter if a thrown rock makes him bleed or not.

I'd still give this to Blade though because of the speed edge, especially with Blade 2 feats.

Blade is faster and more skilled and has more and better weapons, but one or two good punches from Hellboy should be enough to put him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Blade is faster and more skilled and has more and better weapons, but one or two good punches from Hellboy should be enough to put him down.
    Movie Blade took some nasty elbow drops, and head shots from Nomak. I don’t think it would stop him.

Didn't Hellboy get run over by a train and emerge mostly ok?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Why are we using the movie versions? Since the OP didn't state it, it should default to the comics.