Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think he'd make an awesome Apocalypse. The guy can straight up act.
    Absolutely. Hardy's brilliant in any role. He'd make a great Apocalypse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Oh good, I'm glad you like it. Was very worried you'd put me on Ignore, or give out, or get angry, or be hurt, by the unexpected bit, like you'd feel I didn't expect you to be clever, but no, that wouldn't ever be it.

And, I vehemently disagree with Kalen O on most of their post. Your comment IS clever, nothing remote, no, no, no. Representation is very important, be they heroes, or villains, or anti-heroes, or none of the above.

But, I find the term 'whitewashing' offensive, as if they're making the ethnic person clean, or taking away the dirt that is their colour. I don't think that way about them, though I will say there's obviously some, or a number, that would be doing such casting for the purpose of having a more marketable lead, or actor. Or, simply political, or racial prejudices.

But, sometimes, REGARDLESS of age, gender, height, ethnicity, nationality, they are the right actor for the part.

And I find it reprehensible, Kalen, on what you said to me. I do care, very much. It doesn't mean an Egyptian HAS to be cast as Apocalypse. They might not fit. Like Midvillain pointed out, some black actors, even passed, like MCD, would be much better suited to the role, in of build, height, voice and acting ability. And, maybe I'm wrong about Hardy, here, if it does indeed happen. But we'll all have to wait and see, see if the right actor is chosen, or whoever is, fits the antagonist as they appear in the film, and match with what's come before with Magneto, William Styker, Dark Phoenix, Sebastian Shaw, Bolivar Trask, or Mystique.

That, to me, is what matters first and foremost here, no matter what else there is.
    Let's face it, they cast an Asian actress as Blink, although she wasn't Asian in the comics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Duncan was my first pick for Thanos also. Let's face it there's not a lot of big guys that can act and have a big voice.
    I also thought he'd make a great Mother's Milk if they ever made The Boys into a movie. Bless him.

I can get behind the idea of Idris Elba playing Apocalypse.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I can get behind the idea of Idris Elba playing Apocalypse.
    Think he'd still do it, even with Heimdall, or think, one film, done and done, for most part, and much more committment with Marvel than Fox?

Think he'd still do it, even with Heimdall, or think, one film, done and done, for most part, and much more committment with Marvel than Fox?
    If he feels the storys there I think he would. Heimdall is so underused its not funny. You got an actor that quality and hes physically intimidating. You use him as much as you can in these type of movies. I mean don't shoehorn him in but give him a larger role. Apoc would be a starring role in a Comic movie. Also iono if he likes playing Heimdall, remember the quotes of him getting back from months in Africa filming Mandella and hes forced to go do re-shoots for thor2. He said something like they had me hanging in front of a greenscreen and wearing that fu**ing Helmet, lol something like that. Maybe he was just tired and wanted to rest but he didn't sound like he enjoyed the character that day. He was one of the few bright spots in GhostRider 2. Id love for him to be apoc but I think he will want to see a good script before he will commit to another comicbook movie. If he got the role id be beside myself.

Not sure. I think if he wanted to and Fox wanted him, yeah he would do it. I think it's equal parts. I don't think doing one comic book franchise (even if it's a bit part) excludes you from doing other comic book movies. I guess it all depends on how good the deal would be for both Elba and Fox.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I think if he wanted to and Fox wanted him, yeah he would do it.
    that's usualy how it works.Fox would be lucky to have him, I think they would have to do all the convincing, Elbas one of the most indemand actors right now. While fox hasn't shown they can consistently turn out quality Comic movies.