View Poll Results: Which New 52 Title is Wonder Woman the Most Violent in?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Justice League

36 85.71%
  • Superman/Wonder Woman

0 0%
  • Wonder Woman

2 4.76%
  • Equally in Justice League & Superman/Wonder Woman

1 2.38%
  • Equally in Justice League & Wonder Woman

0 0%
  • Equally in Superman/Wonder Woman & Wonder Woman

0 0%
  • Equally in All 3 Titles

2 4.76%
  • Other(Please Specify)

1 2.38%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Which New 52 Title is Wonder Woman the Most Violent in?

I'd like to ask everyone to read this post and really think about everything before voting. Replying with specific examples that explain why you voted the way you did are also appreciated. Here's a list of the violent acts Diana has committed in the New 52 by title(regardless of "context" as that is always debatable). I stopped reading Wonder Woman's solo book after issue #14 so if I missed any violent acts after that, please feel free to chime in.

I am only listing the books that Diana appears in regularly and the books are listed in alphabetical order out of fairness:

Justice League
    1.) Slashed several Parademons apart in the opening arc.
    2.) Rumored to have slit a child abuser's throat.
    3.) Cut Hal Jordan with her sword.
    4.) Beat up Superman who was trying to calm her down.
    5.) Lassoed Hephaestus by the throat, demanding answers.
    6.) Lassoed the Phantom Stranger by the throat, demanding answers.
    7.) Threatened to put her blade to Metallo's throat when she and Flash were interrogating him.
    8.) Threatened to kill Luthor.
    9.) Said she cuts off heads.

Superman/Wonder Woman
    1.) Put her hot sword to Faora's face.
    2.) Slashed Doomsday with her sword.
    3.) Killed a monster from Doom's Door.

Wonder Woman
    1.) Hacked Hera's centaurs' limbs off.
    2.) Punched Aleka in the face for calling her "Clay" and questioning her authority.
    3.) Impaled Strife with a broken wine glass.
    4.) Threw a dagger at WAres' throat when he approached her by the pond.
    5.) Applied an uncomfortable amount of pressure to Orion's testicles and threatened to castrate him.
    6.) Impaled and killed WAres.
    7.) Impaled the First Born.
    8.) Shot Hades with Eros' gun.
    9.) Grabbed Zola by the throat and hoisted her into the air when Zola approached her while she was sleeping.
    10.) Decapitated several of Hades' minions.

Again, if I've missed any incidents in any of these titles, please feel free to point out the incident and briefly describe what happened.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 10-19-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Justice League by a country mile. Most of her violent outbursts in her solo title have logical build up and/or believable reasons for her to lose her temper. In JL, she's usually just a crazy person.

What makes it maddening though is that Johns writes some nice moments for her in between the awful ones: the recent scene, her wanting to help Barbara (even after she was revealed to be a manipulative psycho), the really cute ice cream scene, taking the time to ask Steve how he's doing while he tends to the needs of all the JL members, etc. More of that please, Johns.

Extraordinary Member

Don't forget in JL she also threatened to decapitate Luthor, and told Superman she could use the lasso to tell if somebody deserved killing.

Also the whole "We can do whatever we want - nobody can stop us" speech leading into Trinity War. It might not be an act of physical violence, but it shows a predisposition, IMO.

JL is definitely the worst offender so far.
    Last edited by brettc1; 10-18-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Justice League by a country mile. Most of her violent outbursts in her solo title have logical build up and/or believable reasons for her to lose her temper. In JL, she's usually just a crazy person.

What makes it maddening though is that Johns writes some nice moments for her in between the awful ones: the recent scene, her wanting to help Barbara (even after she was revealed to be a manipulative psycho), the really cute ice cream scene, taking the time to ask Steve how he's doing while he tends to the needs of all the JL members, etc. More of that please, Johns.
    I suspect Johns deliberately writes these sweet and fluffy scenes as a contrast to the she-demon who mocks Hal Jordan while cutting him open and kicks Superman in the face.

Sad.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

smww: she treated to kill zod and faora
    killed a monster just to put him inside the doom's door again, pointless violence.
    almost killed superdoom

smww is not angel, But JL is the champion here

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

brettc1 - I added the threat to kill Luthor to the Justice League list.

blacksun - I added the killing of the Doom's Door monster to the SM/WW list. For your other two examples, I don't recall them. Can you please elaborate or post pictures to back up your claims?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    smww: she treated to kill zod and faora
    killed a monster just to put him inside the doom's door again, pointless violence.
    almost killed superdoom

smww is not angel, But JL is the champion here
    Let's change almost killed Superdoom to "tried multiple times to kill Doomsday creatures and failed"

Justice League and it's not even a contest.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    B

Let's change almost killed Superdoom to "tried multiple times to kill Doomsday creatures and failed"
    that's the funny part, she can't even get it done

Yeah, Justice League no doubt, though with her being the "peacemaker" now, that might change.

But yeah, it's still no contest, in SM/WW and Wonder Woman most of the stuff she did made sense, it didn't seem out of place or overly violent, in Justice League, she was pretty much throwing tantrums all over the place. I'd actually argue her shooting Hades is the opposite of violent.

Woaah, where did it say she was rumoured to have cut a child abuser's throat? I must've missed that.

3.) Said she thought it was romantic when Superman wanted to kill Doomsday.
    That's not accurate. Its Superman who said tongue-in-cheek that this was romantic, not Diana herself, just fyi.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's not accurate. Its Superman who said tongue-in-cheek that this was romantic, not Diana herself, just fyi.
    Indeed. Diana was serious, and he went along to get his tongue in her cheek.

I feel Wonder Woman was more zealous with her sword in the beginning of the New 52
    I feel she has reigned in plenty of that swing first and to heck with the asking questions later mentality.

Exactly this:

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I hope he will continue to write her like he did in the last two issues.

Anyway, in Justice League #7, I think, the one in which also Green Arrow appears, it is implied she has often argued with the other leaguers on her using the sword in the missions. They encounter not living enemies and she says something like 'No arguing with me using the sword, then'.

And I wouldn't call her shooting Hades with Eros's guns a violent act, more one of love xD After all he had done to her and to Zola, she made him capable of love...
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 10-19-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Extraordinary Member

If Justice League #11 is supposed to be five years after #1, then its clear after half a decade she still has a serious impulse control problem.

And as recently as JL #30, Flash is taking issue with her idea that Luthor deserves a sword to his throat more than a fair trial. Which she says in process of beating Metallo unconscious while talking about what a bad mood she is in.