Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Constantine (2014) - NBC TV Series

Hello everyone, starting up this thread for everyone to be able to discuss the upcoming supernatural TV series, coming to NBC from David S. Goyer, with nine other than Matt Ryan as the titular sarcastic, cynical, smoking (yes, even if not on screen) supernaturalist, John Constantine.

Based on a comic from DCs' Vertigo imprint, it's follow John as he tries to stop the Apocalypse, save peoples' lives, sort out supernatural troubles, work alongside others - yeah, mate - ... and maybe even save his own, damned soul.

The cast is as follows:

Matt Ryan as John Constantine - an enigmatic, irreverent con-man, become a reluctant detective dealing with and in the supernatural. Thrown into defending the Earth and its' people from dark forces from beyond.

Harold Perrineau as Manny - an Angel of authority, assigned to watch over our 'hero'. Communicates with the man by briefly stepping into other peoples' bodies.

Charles Halford as Chas Chandler - oldest friend of Constantine, a loyal, staunch companion. Has survival skills that might be supernatural.

Angélica Celaya as Zed Martin - psychic ally of Constantine, can detect nonsense, so well suited to him. Aids him in his travels.

Also, :

Joey Phillips as Nergal, a Demon, well known from Hellblazer comics.

Miles Anderson as Roger Huntoon, a Doctor.

Michael James Shaw as Papa Midnite - a voodoo king, and crime lord with a rollercoaster relationship with John. At times aids him, at times the opposite.

Emmett Scanlan as Jim Corrigan, the Spectre. A detective having to deal with the supernatural at times himself, though he might not know it. Has to deal with red tape in his job and get creative to deal with it.

It'll begin on the 24th of October, next Thursday, on NBC.

I've seen the Pilot myself, and since Lucy Griffiths' Liv was dropped/written out, she'll only appear in the Pilot, as a guest star who can see the supernatural, but doesn't understand. That's where our mate, Constantine, comes in. So, the scenes she appears in will apparently be re-shot, to explain her future absence. Above, Angélicas' Zed'll join in place of her. A creative decision, from what I understand, rather than anything else.

Am looking forward to seeing the rest of the episodes, especially with how good Non Est Aylum is. I'm hoping it's a welcome addition to supernatural action-mystery, Grimm, and stays longer than the Pilot long Mockingbird Lane (Munsters Reboot, from Hannibal creator), or even the One Season long Dracula.

Hopefully it'll end up with the The Spectre spin-off I read Mister Goyer's hoping for, and pushing the possibility of. Love Swamp Thing myself, one I'm thinking of giving a go graphic novel wise, much like Hellblazer, I've started.

But, what about everyone else? Are you looking forward to the show? Hoping for any of these, or other, spin-offs, yourself? Worried about him not on screen smoking, or no Liv after Episode One?

What're your thoughts?

I'm definitely looking forward to this and I'm hoping it won't be disappointed. I've only seen the pilot episode of Gotham so far but I really liked it so I'm hoping that Constantine will be the same and will get me interested from the first episode.

Part of me almost thinks this show would be better suited for Showtime or HBO, a channel where they could really make it a Hellblazer-esque show that wasn't censored where John could really be himself. But I'm still holding out that this will be good!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Astonishing Member

This would be a dream come true if zee joins the cast.

I'm glad you're looking forward to it too, Quinzel. I hope, despite the network, it'll give you and others somewhere close to what's wanted or expected. Sure, I keep brining up the intense violence, torture, even Guantanamo Bay, all in Revolution, and that lasted 42 episodes, 2 Seasons. Or, Hannibal, 26 episodes, 2 Seasons, 3rd on way.

Shows a change either in NBC, standards, or something.

If you, night, mean Zed, then yes. She's in the show.

Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    This would be a dream come true if zee joins the cast.
    Goyer confirmed that this is possible. They would like to introduce Swamp Thing too, but it really depends on whether the show gets picked up (He mentioned that he will introduce a larger cast in Season 2, if the show becomes a hit).

I hope so!

Source: I can look up the interview if you want..saw it a few days back.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Looking forward to this!

Goyer confirmed that this is possible. They would like to introduce Swamp Thing too, but it really depends on whether the show gets picked up (He mentioned that he will introduce a larger cast in Season 2, if the show becomes a hit).

I hope so!

Source: I can look up the interview if you want..saw it a few days back.
    Is that Zatanna then?

It looks a bit too glossy for me and too action packed. But eh, whatever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Is that Zatanna then?
    Yeah I meant Zatanna.
    I know zed and spectre are casted.
    The only question now is if there's a justice league dark film, will dc still insist on separate universe?
    I'm actually hoping that constantine on screen will be someone different. Someone with more star quality.

Extraordinary Member

I'm worried that there hasn't been any UK news on this.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post

Yeah I meant Zatanna.
    I know zed and spectre are casted.
    The only question now is if there's a justice league dark film, will dc still insist on separate universe?
    I'm actually hoping that constantine on screen will be someone different. Someone with more star quality.
    it's just cast isn't it. Not casted? Regardless the pilot was great in my opinion but since they ditched the main girl from the pilot i'm curious to see how things go.

Not feeling the actor playing Constantine on initial impressions, doesn't have that bad boy/rebel without a cause vibe and cool factor that i always pictured Constantine with... [like Spike from Buffy] i'll give it a chance though.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-19-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Amazing Member

I'm kind of hoping they mostly limit the DC characters appearances to cameos. I know they technically exist in the same universe, but Hellblazer drifted further and further away from DC as it went, and I think it works best that way. Swamp thing might be cool, but I think they should leave the super heroes out.

Astonishing Member

The pilot that was leaked last summer was OK, not terrible, but not that good either. Since they're reshooting (I think?) with Zed, I'll give it another shot I guess.