Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It was a good pilot. If it follow the pattern of other DC series, probably the next episodes will be even better. But, taking a look on the internet, i'm amazed how many people want this show to fail.

Astonishing Member

It was OK - not stellar or really exciting. More of a potential than a good stand alone episode.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    It was a good pilot. If it follow the pattern of other DC series, probably the next episodes will be even better. But, taking a look on the internet, i'm amazed how many people want this show to fail.
    I hate that mentality, comes off as very selfish and immature. But it's the internet meaning the "haters" are just more vocal, so I needn't worry about that.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Just watched the pilot on Amazon, it was ok to good. There was enough of the Constantine from the comics that I remember to keep me coming back for a few more episodes.
    Matt Ryan's accent wobbled a few times with his natural Welsh accent coming through but I rather liked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I only managed to watch about half of the first episode, because my link cut out on me, but I wonder what other people thought of the accent. To me it sounded like a watered down version of a British accent. I think if this had been filmed in Britain, then the accent would be stronger--but Ryan was trying to hold back his accent for the sake of American audiences. When I read Constantine in the comics, I read him as having a much stronger London accent.
    I was never sure in the comics what his accent was supposed to be. John is from Liverpool but spent a lot of time in London. Was the accent ever mentioned do you know?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn C View Post
    I was never sure in the comics what his accent was supposed to be. John is from Liverpool but spent a lot of time in London. Was the accent ever mentioned do you know?
    I don't know if the accent was ever mentioned. But the kind of things he says and how they're written in the comics seem more London than Liverpool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't know if the accent was ever mentioned. But the kind of things he says and how they're written in the comics seem more London than Liverpool to me.
    Same for me but then I lived in London for a long time and wondered whether I read his voice in that accent because of it. Many people I know including myself found their accents changing to become more London the longer we lived there.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    It was OK - not stellar or really exciting. More of a potential than a good stand alone episode.
    Basically my feelings about it. I'll continue to watch it, but it's at the bottom of my list for comic-book shows at the moment.

BTW, does Lucy Griffiths use the same non-aging cream Emily Kinney uses on The Walking Dead? She looks like she's getting ready for the senior prom.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    I hate that mentality, comes off as very selfish and immature. But it's the internet meaning the "haters" are just more vocal, so I needn't worry about that.
    Hopefully that remains true. Constantine and iZombie are the two shows I picture getting cancelled, with The Flash and Gotham easy renewals. I hope that's not the case, that I can like iZombie, that Constantine continues well and gets a good chance.

I've only been reading Hellblazer Volume 1: Original Sin(s) there myself, but Zed, Mnemoth, Nergal, Papa Midnite, etc, are all I've gotten so far. Does smoke, or light up, an awful lot.

But, Matt Ryans' voice just seems RIGHT for him, really. Almost what you'd hear, perhaps, reading it. Which is nice. Always heard the voice of Norman Osborn from the 90s Spider-Man animated series for the comics, so happens now and again.

Also, had been hoping Constantine'd start on the Thursday, and therefore air on the 31st of October, All Hallows' Eve, so such a show would be perfect for the night.

I realized recently that next Friday, the day Constantine airs, is in fact, Halloween, so I'm actually very happy about that. Not having NBC, or living in America, I won't get to enjoy the theme and the show together, and not sure if they tapped into it, but hope so. Lucky many of you are.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    But, Matt Ryans' voice just seems RIGHT for him, really. Almost what you'd hear, perhaps, reading it. Which is nice.
    I like his voice, too. He seems like a good pick that way.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

It wasn't bad, but I couldn't help but be amused by the name of the demon, which I believe was "Furcifer". I was just imagining a demonic furry.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    It wasn't bad, but I couldn't help but be amused by the name of the demon, which I believe was "Furcifer". I was just imagining a demonic furry.
    Would you consider continuing with the show?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Could have been worse. There's an actual biblical demon named Furfur.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    I haven't got much expectation of Izombie being any good. The comic was gorgeous thanks to Mike Allred, but the plotting was terrible. A comic about a revenant teenager needs to be cooler than that.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."