Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

After watching the first two episodes in a row, i guess it's right when people say that "the negative voices are always louder and more persistent than the positive ones". Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Im done with it. I have work I could be getting done on friday nights. Coming home at 730is to wait for turtles is fine but staying till eleven to wait for this garage is too much.
    Turtles? Do you mean the show on Nick?

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Good lord, the actress playing Zed is horrifically bad. I havent seen acting this bad since Summer Stock at the local community college.
    Anything in particular about her? How would you compare her to Liv, or her actor, so far?

And, is this due to Episode 2, 3, or both?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't find any of the acting particularly bad... I think Matt Ryan in particular is very well cast. But some of the line reading does seem a bit awkward and stiff at times.

Sometimes the dialogue sounds like it's being read verbatim off a comic book page.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the show and hope against hope it doesn't get cancelled. If it does, I hope they at least run out the initial episode order.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Zed is awesome, the bit where she calls John out for being arrogant was brilliant, and when John says "we don't have to jump right in" xD ahh brilliant stuff.

Still don't like that Angel though.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

There's equal good and bad in the show, but there's a whole lot more nothingness than both the good and bad combined. The show just seems to -exist-. It's like 20% good, 20% bad and 60% boring void. And every episode is learning towards more boring than before.

-John's actor seems to be acting scene by scene, not acting as John Constantine a person. His acting is quite disjointed.
    -Zed is terrible and the show should not be John +Zed AKA Companion, it should be John alone and very rarely (as that scruffy dude in the first episode) appear to help him out, not be constantly at his side, inexplicably saving him time and time again as if John is incompetent and nearly dies at every turn like a supernatural lemming.
    -The stories so far have been such retreads of existing material. I have had so little interest in the 3 stories so far.

Really, the biggest pitfall in Constantine is that it's not Constantine. It's just a guy who absolutely anyone who is competent at acting could portray him in any imaginable way to replace "John Constantine" and the show would be exactly the same. There's nothing of him showing besides his own personal acting. This show is insofar "Mystical adventure show" with the main actor randomly being a John cosplayer.

I'll watch this week's episode and unless it shows some heart and depth, I won't even make it to the next one. There's enough good shows on air, this is a waste.

BANNED

I adore this show...I really love it. I love everything about it. It must suck to be a hater. Can't wait for this week's episode.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    There's equal good and bad in the show, but there's a whole lot more nothingness than both the good and bad combined. The show just seems to -exist-. It's like 20% good, 20% bad and 60% boring void. And every episode is learning towards more boring than before.

-John's actor seems to be acting scene by scene, not acting as John Constantine a person. His acting is quite disjointed.
    -Zed is terrible and the show should not be John +Zed AKA Companion, it should be John alone and very rarely (as that scruffy dude in the first episode) appear to help him out, not be constantly at his side, inexplicably saving him time and time again as if John is incompetent and nearly dies at every turn like a supernatural lemming.
    -The stories so far have been such retreads of existing material. I have had so little interest in the 3 stories so far.

Really, the biggest pitfall in Constantine is that it's not Constantine. It's just a guy who absolutely anyone who is competent at acting could portray him in any imaginable way to replace "John Constantine" and the show would be exactly the same. There's nothing of him showing besides his own personal acting. This show is insofar "Mystical adventure show" with the main actor randomly being a John cosplayer.

I'll watch this week's episode and unless it shows some heart and depth, I won't even make it to the next one. There's enough good shows on air, this is a waste.
    LMFAO... you're brilliant. Please never leave us.

But seriously, I understand your points, and probably would have shared some of them before this last episode but Papa Midnite was awesome and the Robert Johnson riff was more than welcome. I'll keep watching for as long as there is a series.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    -Zed is terrible and the show should not be John +Zed AKA Companion,
    I have no problem with her so far. Besides, as John stated very well in the latest episode, Zed is easy on the eyes.

Man, Matt Ryan really is John Constantine to me now. IOW, Keanu who?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

All-New Member

I'm enjoying the show.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have no problem with her so far. Besides, as John stated very well in the latest episode, Zed is easy on the eyes.

Man, Matt Ryan really is John Constantine to me now. IOW, Keanu who?
    I have never seen that film, is it worth my time?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Its not a WASTE of time, but its not particularly worth your time either.

Much like this show, it is neither good nor bad. It simply...is.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    It's really not that bad (and anything with Rachel Weisz in it is always worth viewing, IMO), but I'm just not a big Keanu Reeves fan.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Amazing Member

I would say the movie is worth it just for the Peter Stomare part. He was brilliant as the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Turtles? Do you mean the show on Nick?
    Yeah......