Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    I think will be in the third episode that this show will establish itself in terms of story and ratings. But, if it's canceled, i think there will be three kinds of people to blame:

1- People who think this show is just an "Supernatural ripoff".
    2- People who only want to see the Keanu Reeves version of the character. It's the same kind of people who think "Dredd" is just a remake of a Sylvester Stallone movie.
    3- "Fans" who refuse to watch because it's not the "real John Constantine".
    so the writers and producers don't get any of the blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I suppose was a bit, but what do you mean by close talking?
    as in someone holding a convo with you and they're right up in your face and you can feel the hotness of their breath. like, back up a bit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    so the writers and producers don't get any of the blame?
    I'll blame the writers and producers IF this show is bad. My point is: what if this is a good show but don't get enough ratings?
    Last edited by Andrew Eldritch; 11-06-2014 at 10:55 AM.

BANNED

Do people really not like this series? I love it. Matt Ryan is such a lovable actor, he plays Constantine so well. Also, that intro is BADASS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    I'll blame the writers and producers IF this show is bad. My point is: and if it's a good show but didn't get enough ratings?
    many are saying that it isn't good or that it's just alright, nothing special. it's up to the writers and producers (and execs) to bring the best they can do from jump, if they fail, it's their own fault.

sure, some really good shows have been canceled because they failed to find an audience, scheduling decisions, or are on the wrong network/cable. such is life.

BANNED

many are saying that it isn't good or that it's just alright, nothing special.
    And some people are saying that it's great.

sure, some really good shows have been canceled because they failed to find an audience, scheduling decisions, or are on the wrong network/cable. such is life.
    But, if it's canceled for failing to find an audience, regardless of its quality (or lack thereof), will be a long, long time before John Constantine and the supernatural side of DC gets another chance outside comic books.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Constantine is not a ripoff of Supernatural; Supernatural is a (partial) ripoff of Hellblazer. A usually good one, IMO, but the influence is obvious.

Unfortunately, it was Supernatural that got on television first, so nobody but dedicated Hellblazer fans are going to know or care which came first... all they're going to know is they've seen it before.

They need to ditch the monster of the week format PDQ and start making it about John. Tell his story. Build his mythology. Give him a specific goal to work for. Don't just have him ramble around from roadhouse to roadhouse, getting slapped by women and punched by rednecks and then reciting some Latin to put down a demon, before Manny shows up to say something mysterious and snarky. Seen it.

Thanks for explaining that, 9thangel, makes more sense now. Dawn of 'awww' over me.

New Constantine tonight, episode 3, of the 1st - hopefully not last - Season.

In it, longtime frenemy Papa Midnite is introduced. What are peoples' hopes to see from him?

This, voodoo, mob boss?

You know, I would have thought Matt Ryan would find it necessary to explain to the writers that "Zed" means "Z," not "zero."

But they made up for it with Mucous Membrane.

And does the Doctor know Constantine stole his psychic paper?

BANNED

wow...there wasn't even a preview for next week's episode(#4).....losing faith in the show already NBC?

The pretty direct shout out to Supernatural was sort of odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    wow...there wasn't even a preview for next week's episode(#4).....losing faith in the show already NBC?
    TV By the Numbers already has it in the "certain to be cancelled" category. I think that's premature, but if this week's rating doesn't increase from last week's 0.9... yeah.

It needs at least a steady 1.2 or 1.3 at least to survive. Gotta hope last week was a blip due to Halloween.

Starting the show at 10pm EST on a Friday is doing it no favors. I just hope adjustments once DVR, etc numbers come in will paint a better picture. The show is good I feel. I really enjoyed the latest episode but NBC isn't really giving the show a fair chance. Not like how CW gave Arrow and now Flash. The way Fox is giving Gotham. I really doubt CBS is going to premiere Supergirl on a Friday night at 10pm. If Constantine is canceled it will be because of NBC's decisions and not the quality of the show. Why did they bother paying the money if they were going to cut it's legs right from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post
    If Constantine is canceled it will be because of NBC's decisions and not the quality of the show. Why did they bother paying the money if they were going to cut it's legs right from the start?
    I think NBC may have overestimated just how much good pairing the show with Grimm would do for it's ratings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post
    Starting the show at 10pm EST on a Friday is doing it no favors. I just hope adjustments once DVR, etc numbers come in will paint a better picture. The show is good I feel. I really enjoyed the latest episode but NBC isn't really giving the show a fair chance. Not like how CW gave Arrow and now Flash. The way Fox is giving Gotham. I really doubt CBS is going to premiere Supergirl on a Friday night at 10pm. If Constantine is canceled it will be because of NBC's decisions and not the quality of the show. Why did they bother paying the money if they were going to cut it's legs right from the start?
    a lot of people were saying fox was gonna cancel gotham right out of the gate....bet they must be surprised now to know Constantine is getting the treatment that everyone thought was gonna be Gotham's Treatment

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Good lord, the actress playing Zed is horrifically bad. I havent seen acting this bad since Summer Stock at the local community college.