Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel Summers is an Omega-Level Mutant and Telepath and one of the most powerful around. She showcased this quite well in AvX when she easily defeated powerful characters like Thor despite no longer being the Phoenix Host.

It's a shame that she doesn't get to utilize her vast powers more, gives the false impression that she isn't an Omega when she still very much is one.
    She was actually the first to be called/rated as such by Nimrod, we can blame her for coming here and the term being used (lol). Makes it seem funnier when in one issue of WATX she is owning QQ and in a mini-series he is owning her and she cannot break through his shields. It is that type of inconsistency which drives readers(or at least myself), crazy.

All-New Member

X-editors should have monitored all of these terms (omega level, secondary mutation, depowered-mutants) on top of when and where our guys in the comics standing at certain storyline. So far..., they did not-so-good job on that front. I can imagine that editor's room walls (or databases in this era) fulfilled with every single mutants picture in the matrix of storylines... (wishful thinking I know. Appreciate the spirit to hold marvel's continuity though...)

Amazing Member

Rachel Summers is an Omega-Level Mutant and Telepath and one of the most powerful around.
    She was stated to be a Class Omega in Uncanny X-Men #208, but I never saw her stated to be Omega-Level Telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    She was actually the first to be called/rated as such by Nimrod, we can blame her for coming here and the term being used (lol). Makes it seem funnier when in one issue of WATX she is owning QQ and in a mini-series he is owning her and she cannot break through his shields. It is that type of inconsistency which drives readers(or at least myself), crazy.
    Well, QQ is Omega mutant and telepath, and got a secondary mutation, while Rachel lost her Phoenix... But true she isn't depicted as being as powerful as she's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsEyes View Post
    X-editors should have monitored all of these terms (omega level, secondary mutation, depowered-mutants) on top of when and where our guys in the comics standing at certain storyline. So far..., they did not-so-good job on that front. I can imagine that editor's room walls (or databases in this era) fulfilled with every single mutants picture in the matrix of storylines... (wishful thinking I know. Appreciate the spirit to hold marvel's continuity though...)
    True that.

There are to many Omegas running around

A, the dreaded Omega term. This term alone rendered other mutants unusable and others downplayed.

But anyway, the power shifts from each character has gone haywire all throughout the years. Just be happy if ur fave is not one, or they will not be used as much.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    There are to many Omegas running around
    Not much:
    -17 Omega Mutants: Minus an alternate Jean Grey, another one who is seemingly an alternate Legion. Minus an alternate Franklin Richards. 14. Emma Frost was only as Phoenix. Nate Grey isn't powered that much anymore. Jean Grey, Legion, Vulcan, Mr. M are in different ways dead/"dead". That leave 8. Plus Psylocke is a controversial one. 7 ? Storm's references are also controversial and some want her to be an Omega. Let's keep to 7.

2 Class 5: both alternates and Jean Grey (Earth-10005) (movies) is more or less dead. 0.

2 potential Omegas: Chamber was one after his Apocalypse blood repoweration. Some consider Storm as an Omega due to unclear references. Let's say, as it is confirmed, 2.

4 Beyond Omegas (yeah I know "what's beyond infinity, blabla"): An alternate Franklin, Mr. M and Vulcan are dead/"dead". 1.

-6 Omega Telepaths: An alternate QQ, Xavier is dead (and Red Skull presumably not an Omega), an alternate Cassandra Xavier is dead, Emma Frost isn't seemingly powered anymore. That leave QQ, and the Shadow King, who is stuck in the body of Omega White, who as a brain-dead can't be used to use telepathy, and can't move. 1. Let's say 2.

-1 Omega Level Healer (who should be back !)

-3 Omega Telekinetics: Cable, his clone Stryfe, and Hope who leached his power. Let's say we don't count Hope. And two with the same genetic package. 2.

-1 Omega Class infected Vi-Lock. (A mutant by the way: an alternate Colossus) Presumably cured or killed. 0.

-1 with Omega Level Earthquake Production (except if this version is different, he is a mutate: An alternate Moses Magnum. 1.

-5 Omega Class Weapons: Trauma is an Omega Level Threat, and was downgraded to Class 50. (well, he is still one in my opinion, but still). Mjolnir, the Nega Band and the Cosmic Cube weren't directly classified but as a comparison with the Tactigon. 1 to 5 ?

-10 Omega Threats: Emma Frost was only as Phoenix. World War Hulk and the Secret Invasion were events. KIA was while wielding the Tactigon. Tian and Doctor Doom (Earth-2319) are respectively depopulated and dead. Trauma was downgraded to Class 50. Spider-Queen is dead. Absorbing Man (Carl Creel) was in a situation where he was more dangerous than ever (looting Project Pegasus while the facility wasn't secured (no electricity due to Loki's manipulations)). That leave the Hulk. Let's count Trauma and Creel as ever-Omegas. 3.

But that's only for those who are active. 7 or 8/17 Omega Mutants, 0 or 1/2 Class 5, 2 potential Omegas, 1/4 Beyond Omegas, 2/6 Omega Telepaths, 1 Omega Level Healer, 2/3 Omega Telekinetics, 0/1 Omega Class infected Vi-Lock, 1 Omega Level Earthquake Producer, 1 to 5/5 Omega Class Weapons, 3/10 Omega Threats

24 Omega something are currently on Earth-616, including Stryfe (time traveler) and Psylocke (writer interview reference). In my defense, I've listed here all the Omega something, not only the mutants. So well, yeah there's a certain amount of Omega.

By the way, an other classification related to same threat or power level and used mostly by mutants and about mutant-related subjects: The Extinction-Level Threats: the Phoenix Force, the Evolutionaries. And also as a potential Extinction Level Threat: Danger. And also Extinction-Levels Events: Don't know how much.

That's considering the references I have only.

I know bobby is an omega. We've seen a bunch of alternate futures where he learned to harness his full power. Also, what was the term for the immortal mutants? I know cannonball was rumored to be one for years and then it was confirmed hes not.

Amazing Member

The Externals. Cannonball is still not confirmed, like Apocalypse. (The Messiah War/Cable handbook said it about Cannonball for sure (establishing a link with Icarus' Cheyarafim (proved or suspected?) healing powers), and maybe Apolypse, don't remember). Well, it might have been un/confirmed since...

Ahhh there you go! Well wouldn't apocalypse not be an external being that he needs to 'reincarnate' within a new host body every century or so? Celene is a true external if Im not mistaken.

Amazing Member

This is the list of Externals, with the possible External in subcategory.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Externals

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Undoniel View Post
    I thought she was a human/Otherworlder hybrid developing an X-Gene mutation like many hybrids (but she had also Captain Britain power due to that Otherworlder legacy). But there's also the part where in her Asian full mutant body, she became back a Captain Britain. Maybe linked to Jaime's manipulations ?
    There are plenty of perfectly normal humans living on Otherworld, so her father coming from there means absolutely nothing in genetic terms, unless and until he is identified as being of a species other than human. And she had "Captain Britain power" because she wore the amplifier costume originally belonging to Kaptain Briton; anyone who wore it would have gained the powers, so long as the costume was first tuned to work for them (which Mastermind did for her - he told her he had adapted it to her "bio-rhythms"). And it's Jamie, not Jaime, btw.

Rachel Summers is an Omega-Level Mutant and Telepath and one of the most powerful around. She showcased this quite well in AvX when she easily defeated powerful characters like Thor despite no longer being the Phoenix Host.

It's a shame that she doesn't get to utilize her vast powers more, gives the false impression that she isn't an Omega when she still very much is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    These.

I'm pretty disappointed with how little Rachel has been utilized since returning from space. I recognise that not EVERYONE can be in the limelight but it just seems like she's written extremely inconsistently.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    There are plenty of perfectly normal humans living on Otherworld, so her father coming from there means absolutely nothing in genetic terms, unless and until he is identified as being of a species other than human. And she had "Captain Britain power" because she wore the amplifier costume originally belonging to Kaptain Briton; anyone who wore it would have gained the powers, so long as the costume was first tuned to work for them (which Mastermind did for her - he told her he had adapted it to her "bio-rhythms"). And it's Jamie, not Jaime, btw.
    Did Psylocke not have a mother? I can't remember.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Undoniel View Post
    She was stated to be a Class Omega in Uncanny X-Men #208, but I never saw her stated to be Omega-Level Telepath.

Well, QQ is Omega mutant and telepath, and got a secondary mutation, while Rachel lost her Phoenix... But true she isn't depicted as being as powerful as she's supposed to be.

True that.
    And why wouldn't she be an Omega-Level Telepath? If Styfe can be one than she has to be one as she's just as strong as him if not stronger.

Don't blame Stryfe for choosing to fight a depowered Cable over another Omega-Level Telepath like Rachel as she's also a master of TK Weaponry and stuff and I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate punching him in the face.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Did Psylocke not have a mother? I can't remember.
    Yes, Elizabeth Braddock. Psylocke is named after her.