Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

what about madelyne pryor and selene gallio?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Personally I think Rachel is an Omega. She can create black holes and has nearly fully mastered her telekinetic abilities to sub-atomic levels. Her telepathic powers and skills have grown considerably and Xavier has marveled at how powerful and skilled she has become (partly through his training in space). And she has shown that should she die can can transcend her mortality and exist solely as a non-corporeal being (Mother Askani) that can bend time and space.

But really, what does it necessarily matter? A few years down the line someone is going to use a new Greek term to describe and even more dangerous mutant than Mallory and these classifications will become moot. While nice to show the potential and unlimited power of characters, ultimately they will all be jobbed by the writers in order to show a different characters powers or abilities. Rachel will be blocked out by Quentin, but then she'll tear him down if provoked. Storm will be able control elements in space but then lose this ability. And others will continue to miraculously jump up (AOA Jean unlocking a new level for Psylocke's telepathy, Emma becoming an omega telepath, etc.) and the list will grow and grow.

I'd rather see good writing and provocative stories than 'who is more powerful this week'.
    Didn't Rachel have help creating the black hole? or sustaining it or something?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But really, what does it necessarily matter? A few years down the line someone is going to use a new Greek term to describe and even more dangerous mutant than Mallory and these classifications will become moot. While nice to show the potential and unlimited power of characters, ultimately they will all be jobbed by the writers in order to show a different characters powers or abilities. Rachel will be blocked out by Quentin, but then she'll tear him down if provoked. Storm will be able control elements in space but then lose this ability. And others will continue to miraculously jump up (AOA Jean unlocking a new level for Psylocke's telepathy, Emma becoming an omega telepath, etc.) and the list will grow and grow.

I'd rather see good writing and provocative stories than 'who is more powerful this week'.
    True that.
    But I have that stupid thing of wanting to classify things. (But I happen to also like read comics for the comics)

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No the very next panel shows her only going after Iceman. You are inferring that she went after Storm and Rachel too, but she only chose Iceman. And even says whos she's talking about...Iceman
    Again, and without any clue on who's right (I put on the wikia "presumably" for the three of them), it is perfectly possible that none of them is an Omega Level Mutates in the way Supergiant see it. (and that the author was mocking the readers about the classifications: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/stor...493713/?page=2 , message 59).

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...-that-storm-is
    Can't believed I miss this one. I think I read the following 10 guys to ask this question...

So, an only Omega Level Mutate so far, Iceman ?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    Didn't Rachel have help creating the black hole? or sustaining it or something?
    Sustaining it for more of an extended period of time (beyond a few minutes) required help, but the creation and controlling of it was all her.

Spectacular Member

there is no point in "power level" classifications. there is point in naming the concepts behind the powers. thus, why i still believe marvel's opinion is fanfiction and the following is more important:

-one classification to show deformed mutants. (for morloque-esque STORIES)
    -one classification to show deformed mutants with powers. (for STORIES about outcast superheroes)
    -one classification about mutants passable as humans (for "traditional superheroic" STORIES) typical feat: blasts, force fields etc
    -one classification about uber-powerful mutants, called Alpha Level (i.e. the "big guns" of the STORY) typical feat: mindread/heal/blow up a planet with huge concentration.
    -one classification about "mutants with such power that they should never exist and never realy have access to their powers" typicaly for a "almighty god for a week" STORY and how that can cause dilemas/drive people mad etc. typical feat: blowing up thousands of multiple galaxies with a flick of the finger.

these classifications serve STORY PURPOSES.
    you wanna use an omega mutant? you know thats a horror story about how ridiculous power drives you mad and how its wrong to play God with the universe.
    you wanna use a "passable mutant"? you know you have an element for a traditional oldschool avenger-esque story.

but marvel's classsifications. they just serve fanwank. pointless.
    Last edited by Kikaze; 09-25-2014 at 09:08 AM.

BANNED

Ii always wonder why Rogue was never called an omega level mutant. she has all the characteristics to be one. its time they give her the status.

Quote Originally Posted by JeenRogue View Post
    Ii always wonder why Rogue was never called an omega level mutant. she has all the characteristics to be one. its time they give her the status.
    Because there is one limit she has......................can't touch........no power for her. Although I was wondering about the time she had all the powers of the people she touched..O_O
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Because there is one limit she has......................can't touch........no power for her.
    Unlike Synch.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Unlike Synch.

Holy hell i forgot about him!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

You seem intent on trying to pretend that Rachel isn't an Omega yet the facts speak for themselvs as does her accomplishments as what others have said. Heck, she's so powerful she couldn't even be classified initially. Fact of the matter is that she's the #1 Most Powerful Telrepath on the planet and the team chose Rachel, and not Emma or Psylocke, for a reason because only she fits the bill for what Xavier asked of them. They need someone at the very an Omega, and a very powerful one at that, to deal with someone who could be Beyond Omega.

Funny thing is, that you've done nothing to prove she isn't an Omega and conveniently ignore what other characters have said or her feats that are at an Omega-Level, even Beyond it when she had the Phoenix as she was practically a Goddess at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Now this last part is simply untrue!
    It actually is considering how many times her mother flipped out and her mother never once, while alive, showed the same level of mastery and control of the Phoenix like Rachel.

Holy hell i forgot about him!
    #neverforget_synch

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

#neverforget_synch

I would like see great characters like him revived and revitalized vs some of Aaron's ridiculous creations.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I would like see great characters like him revived and revitalized vs some of Aaron's ridiculous creations.
    Agreed!

And a bit more on topic... pretty sure both Jubilee and Synch would've qualified for Omega status eventually...

Kind of ridiculous they never said Storm was Omega.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    dat aura tho.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Agreed!

And a bit more on topic... pretty sure both Jubilee and Synch would've qualified for Omega status eventually...

Kind of ridiculous they never said Storm was Omega.
    She loves her flesh and blood WAY too much........and her powers haven't really been explored ooutside of the more common applications that are her namesake, she's basically Meggan on minus the shapeshifting and power mimicking. Speaking of which! Meggan needs to be one!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡