Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Default Superman v. Thor

Arena fight.

Superman from the Justice League the animated series v.

Thor from Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes.

Mighty Member

Super speed, heat vision, and much better strength feats make this an easy win for DCAU Superman.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Super speed, heat vision, and much better strength feats make this an easy win for DCAU Superman.
    How much super speed does he really have? Because his HV isn't scratching EMH Thor, and I don't recall DCAU Superman taking anything like the damage Thor can dish out when pissed and ready to blow shit up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    How much super speed does he really have? Because his HV isn't scratching EMH Thor, and I don't recall DCAU Superman taking anything like the damage Thor can dish out when pissed and ready to blow shit up.
    Seriously? Heat vision that can give Doomsday an instant lobotomy isn't scratching EMH Thor? The same Superman that takes hits from a Mongul whom can murder Wonder Woman, fight Doomsday in a volcano, take hits Captain Marvel that destroys buildings in a single punch and getting up without a scratch isn't durable enough to handle Thor's damage? It's the other way around. DCAU Superman is demonstrably stronger and more durable than EMH Thor.

Plus Superman is fast enough to be behind Thor before Thor even realizes Superman has moved. It was a favorite trick of his in Superman TAS. He also at one time matched Flash in a foot race (though Flash did get faster in Justice League). Superman's not light speed, but still much, much, much faster than Thor can keep track of.

This battle must have popped up roughly 20 times on the old board and the general response was always the same: DCAU Superman is too much for EMH Thor because a) Thor can't touch Superman due to his super speed, b) Thor can't prevent a heat vision lobotomy, and c) Thor doesn't have strength and durability feats as good as Superman's.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Seriously? Heat vision that can give Doomsday an instant lobotomy isn't scratching EMH Thor? The same Superman that takes hits from a Mongul whom can murder Wonder Woman, fight Doomsday in a volcano, take hits Captain Marvel that destroys buildings in a single punch and getting up without a scratch isn't durable enough to handle Thor's damage? It's the other way around. DCAU Superman is demonstrably stronger and more durable than EMH Thor.

Plus Superman is fast enough to be behind Thor before Thor even realizes Superman has moved. It was a favorite trick of his in Superman TAS. He also at one time matched Flash in a foot race (though Flash did get faster in Justice League). Superman's not light speed, but still much, much, much faster than Thor can keep track of.

This battle must have popped up roughly 20 times on the old board and the general response was always the same: DCAU Superman is too much for EMH Thor because a) Thor can't touch Superman due to his super speed, b) Thor can't prevent a heat vision lobotomy, and c) Thor doesn't have strength and durability feats as good as Superman's.
    I'm fine with that about the speed - I was asking, not insulting or arguing. And no, from what I've seen (please note the emphasis), DCAU Superman can't just no-sell Thor, who one-shotted Brooklyn into a crater with an AoE - something a dozen orders of magnitude over knocking over a building. If Thor can't use it thanks to speed, that's totally fine - I have no horse in this race. When one asks "how much superspeed does he have", one might really be simply asking said question, and not, I dunno, challenging the person who claimed it was so.

From what I've seen I'd say Superman wins but I haven't watched a lot of either show.

Mighty Member

I'm fine with that about the speed - I was asking, not insulting or arguing. And no, from what I've seen (please note the emphasis), DCAU Superman can't just no-sell Thor, who one-shotted Brooklyn into a crater with an AoE - something a dozen orders of magnitude over knocking over a building. If Thor can't use it thanks to speed, that's totally fine - I have no horse in this race. When one asks "how much superspeed does he have", one might really be simply asking said question, and not, I dunno, challenging the person who claimed it was so.
    Ok, I'll grant that I came on a little bit hard. It was the heat vision comment about it not being able to hurt Thor when the truth is there are some great showings for Superman's heat vision being extremely powerful (less than 3 second lobotomy on Doomsday, burning Mongul, etc.). Thor is not more durable than either of those two.

No, I don't think Superman can no sell Thor's crater creating attack, but I doubt it's knocking Superman out either. After all, that attack alone didn't knock out Graviton either.

None of this actually matters though, because Superman moves in a blur compared with Thor and can knock Thor into the arena wall before Thor can lift his hammer and summon that attack. Mere seconds later, Thor would be a vegetable due to a heat vision lobotomy.

His godblast or whatever it was in the 2nd episode against Graviton didn't make Brooklyn into a crater. The wide shot showed like the entire area destroyed, but the close view showed Graviton in the crater, which is only about 10 feet wide.

He's not going to be able to use it against Superman. Far too fast to hit him, plus Superman probably will interrupt the thing.