Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthaur View Post
    The Last Son of Krypton, Part 3. Happens about halfway through the episode.
    Thanks I really appreciate it.

Here is the clip I think you are talking about.

I feel safe in saying that that is not bullet timing.

No, that's not it. However, I did find the clip I was talking about on YouTube:

Fantastic Member

No, that's not it. However, I did find the clip I was talking about on YouTube:
    That is definitely bullet timing.

Fantastic Member

Thor's speed is not as great as superman's, but he is not exactly slow. Check out knocking away Ultron's blast and knocking baron Zemo's blast.

My point is that while Superman's speed is probably greater than Thor's, in this case I don't think it is determinative and that this fight has weight on both sides.

Oh, I agree, and I personally think Thor's insane damage output and durability (he survived a terminal velocity fall, landing under a 500 ton Vision, with no apparent injury) put Superman in the underdog position. But I'll give credit where it's due, and he does have the clear edge in speed.

BANNED

Thor wins.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    Also where did it show doomsday and darkseid's durability in the animated series? The only showing of darkseid's durability is when he fought superman who went all out punching him through buildings which dazed him. Doomsday IIRC was about to survive in a volcano. While I cannot recall much of the doomsday episodes, I remember my general feeling was that he was very underwhelming. Thor had an island dropped on him and came out without a scratch which is many times higher magnitude of durability than every single building in metropolis.
    Doomsday and Superman threw down, the end effect from slugging each other is Doomsday wasn't even impressed, while Supes had clearly been feeling the hits a lot more. I'm not sure how you feel that doesn't indicate Doomsday being tougher then Superman. Darkseid likewise before his upgrade gets slugged once in the face by Supes, hard. He isn't even sent flying back, etc. I'm not saying Darkseid specifically had greater durability until his upgrade, but it's hard to see how you could feel Superman and Doomsday were all around about equal in toughness.

As for the heat vision advantage, IIRC superman had to hit doomsday with his heat vision for a few seconds. It wasn't an instant lobotomy.
    Whereas Thor is slower then Superman and doesn't have a thing that kill him in a few seconds.

See, the thing is, Thor had over 50 plus episodes full of feats. He wasn't more or less on the level of durability you seem to feel. Doomsday entire thing? Was "fights evil Supes and JL" and then "Fights Superman". Doomsday physically messes up Superman a lot more then anyone who was more or less his equal did. Their fight certainly implied Doomsday was the stronger/tougher of the two. That is why he had to trap him in a volcano..because he couldn't actually KO him.

He certainly won't just be able to blur over and snap Thor's neck, but the speed is kind of hard to get around. He hasn't just caught bullets. He has shown, at times, the whole blurring at super speed thing and not just in a straight line or something. So, he has shown he can overwhelm an opponent with his speed when he chooses to do so, and he does this also in subtle ways in other fights as well. It really is the epitome of PIS in some cases. When he fought Captain Atom he gets punched in the face a lot, but you can clearly see at one point he more or less goes "enough is enough" and uses his speed to easily dodge Captain Atom's hit's. But then..forgets he can do that a second later. It almost makes one have the disturbing thought of "Maybe he just gets off on being hit". Al kidding aside though there is actually that one scene where Superman is training with GL and purposely gets hit by his construct and is saying all "every hit I take is one they don't have to" and on paper that seems like he is trying to be nice and protect them, but who knows..
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-10-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    It really is the epitome of PIS in some cases. When he fought Captain Atom he gets punched in the face a lot, but you can clearly see at one point he more or less goes "enough is enough" and uses his speed to easily dodge Captain Atom's hit's. But then..forgets he can do that a second later. It almost makes one have the disturbing thought of "Maybe he just gets off on being hit".
    Or, he doesn't have infinite reserves to call upon, and therefore can't expend infinite amounts of energy on things like superspeed or heat vision.

BANNED

Or, he doesn't have infinite reserves to call upon, and therefore can't expend infinite amounts of energy on things like superspeed or heat vision.
    Yeah. but if you do have a finite amount of reserves, you'd think then you'd just want to take people down as quickly as possible. It is not as if he is exactly going to have to being using his speed for a long time here.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Thor wins.
    Nope, you're wrong.

BANNED

No he is right Thor totally DOES win...at a "who has the best hair" contest. Though yeah, he dies against JLU Supes in a fight of course. But still...prettier hair and such things, so Thor can walk out of the arena with his head held high. Wait I said he dies so how is he walking? Well, you see necromancy has now been performed on Thor, why? No reason to let such great hair go to waste.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-10-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yeah. but if you do have a finite amount of reserves, you'd think then you'd just want to take people down as quickly as possible. It is not as if he is exactly going to have to being using his speed for a long time here.
    To beat Thor without giving him a chance to retaliate, Clark would still have to use it for longer than he's ever actually shown himself capable of. Can he take the initiative and land the first few blows in the fight? Sure. Can he dish out enough damage to take out Mr. "Tanks 500 Tons At Terminal Velocity" in that time? ...Nnaaww.

To talk about this as Clark having limited superspeed reserves and it not just being standard speedster PIS of the kind where they'll show they have superspeed, then totally forget they just showed that a second ago, has using superspeed ever actually tired JLU Superman out? Has he ever made any kind of reference to this limited speed reserves thing?

Mighty Member

What stops him from lobotomizing Thor like he did to Doomsday?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    What stops him from lobotomizing Thor like he did to Doomsday?
    That, in particular, required DD to be still for several seconds, didn't it? So stopping it is Thor, you know, moving.