Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The problem I have is... if Remender "loves me some Dr/Brother Voodoo", then why did he spend 90% of the mini turning Jericho into a depressed whiner and made Doctor freaking DOOM save the day all the time? And he loved the backstory so much, he shoved in a completely unnecessary "curse" so he could justify Jericho being a failure, not a competent mystic in his own right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Jericho is back, but Remender has already proven that he's the worst person to handle him.
    Agreed 100%.

Remender wrote a Dr Voodoo series that started of really strong with Jericho Drumm beating the Dread Dormammu into submission only for him to proceed to have Doom chump out Jericho for the remainder of the books run so to be quite frank, though I'm glad the good Dr is back, I'd much prefer it if this had happened under another writers direction.

Knowing Remender, he'll probably have Tony stark take credit for bringing Jericho back from the dead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Reminder, you're aught in my book, FOR THIS AND THIS ONLY

HAIL THE RETURN OF THE ONE TRUE REP OF VOODOO in comics

ONE OF THE FEW MARVEL DOCTORS WHO ACTUALLY HAS A DOCTORATE BECAUSE DOOM DROPPED OUT jk
    I'm really surprised how happy a lot of fans are about this. I mean, there are people who will be going into Axis and Uncanny Avengers JUST for Voodoo.

Also, is his Brother or Dr. Voodoo now?

And that cover!!!!! That cover is one of the finest in all of comics!

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I hope he keeps his dreads. The cover image looks like he might have his 'fro back, but I'm hoping that's just for the cover art.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

It would be Jericho being one of the rare black heroes to escape death. Looking forward to this, but i would not be shocked if this was Daniel and not Jericho.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope he keeps his dreads. The cover image looks like he might have his 'fro back, but I'm hoping that's just for the cover art.
    I love his dreads too but there are two other black guys, holding staffs, that have dreads at the moment. I understand going back to the 'fro for now.

When Bendis killed him, just to help elevate Strange again, I was pissed. I knew he would be coming back; Daniel was on the hunt and the Eye of Agamotto was returned to Strange. I just hope Remender does him justice. I'm very curious about what happened to the Vishanti and if Jericho was able to find that out.

3202992-doctor_voodoo_full_artwork2.jpg

Can we get a Midnight Sons series now, please? Remender actually has a pretty decent grasp on magic in the MU. He wrote the best, most accurate Ghost Rider in years in the Uncanny Avengers Annual and had a kickass Midnight Sons team in it too. Brother Voodoo would be the icing on the cake to that team. I can dream...

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It would be Jericho being one of the rare black heroes to escape death. Looking forward to this, but i would not be shocked if this was Daniel and not Jericho.
    If it is Daniel, that would be one hell of a twist.

While it wouldn't surprise me to have Marvel pull a twist like that, Remender's blog post implies that it's Jericho.

BANNED

When it comes to the game Marvel Avengers Alliance, Dr. Voodoo is an interesting character to play with considering his powers....
    http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    When it comes to the game Marvel Avengers Alliance, Dr. Voodoo is an interesting character to play with considering his powers....
    http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Voodoo
    The combo of Voodoo and Moonstobe is EPIC!

It would be cool if Reggie Hudlin got to write Dr. Voodoo in a series or mini-series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The problem I have is... if Remender "loves me some Dr/Brother Voodoo", then why did he spend 90% of the mini turning Jericho into a depressed whiner and made Doctor freaking DOOM save the day all the time? And he loved the backstory so much, he shoved in a completely unnecessary "curse" so he could justify Jericho being a failure, not a competent mystic in his own right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Jericho is back, but Remender has already proven that he's the worst person to handle him.
    Everything we know about both characters says that Doom is way out of Jericho's league.

Now you might say, so is Dormammu, but that guy has a history of losing to guys he should beat.
    That is part of his backstory, being overconfident and getting outsmarted by Doc Strange.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, they're both black...but I really think it's Jericho. It feels a bit too much like Remender wants to do right by the character he was sorta forced to give up on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Can we get a Midnight Sons series now, please? Remender actually has a pretty decent grasp on magic in the MU. He wrote the best, most accurate Ghost Rider in years in the Uncanny Avengers Annual and had a kickass Midnight Sons team in it too. Brother Voodoo would be the icing on the cake to that team. I can dream...
    I loved that annual! It was the best of the whole run, even though it felt like it was mostly him just complaining about editorial mandates and annoying fans.

I would rather him write a Midnight Sons series, and he might...maybe...please, Rick Remender? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm really surprised how happy a lot of fans are about this. I mean, there are people who will be going into Axis and Uncanny Avengers JUST for Voodoo.

Also, is his Brother or Dr. Voodoo now?

And that cover!!!!! That cover is one of the finest in all of comics!
    I'm an optimist at heart, what can I say? And honestly I feel Drumm deserves his doctorate
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie