Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Daniel's back? So is he not crazy-evil anymore?

It seems like he still had a grudge against the Avengers, but he didn't look all evil goat-thing like Bendis had him. It was the regular 'ol blue ghost Daniel, with kung-fu possession powers! It made me just as happy to see him as it did Jericho!
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Still no scans? I'm unable to get a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Just read Axis 8, the highlight of course was seeing Jericho AND Daniel back. YAY!
    YEY!!!! How did he come back? What was the context (I won't read Axis; but am gonna try Uncanny Avengers -- groan --). So, SO happy Jericho is back

I just snipped some relevant bits for you guys:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Still no scans? I'm unable to get a copy.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

For those interested in the return of Jericho and Daniel...oops too slow. Never mind!

They look awesome! I hope they're sticking with that design.

Thanks for the scans! Love that they're still going with the banters and back and forths between the two brothers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    For those interested in the return of Jericho and Daniel...oops too slow. Never mind!
    We aim to please.

Love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

While I've lost all faith in Remender when it comes to mutants and the mutant metaphor... F*CK YESSSSSS his Jericho seems just as boss as always! That is a pretty awesome return; happy to see Daniel still not liking the Avengers, happy it was Doom who brought Jericho back (I'd like them to become friends/allies like Doom/Namor). This is ticking all the boxes on "heroes return".

The Brothers Voodoo are discussed in the recent ALL AXIS PASS with Steve Brevoort

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=57897

"AXIS" #8 offered up another surprise return in the form of the resurrected Jericho and Daniel Drumm, stars of Remender's 2009 series "Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural." I know you enjoy when event series add to the larger Marvel Universe toy box, so was it you or Rick that suggested bringing the Drumms back in "AXIS?"

That is definitely Rick. I think Rick has been biding his time, waiting for his chance to get another crack at Doctor Voodoo, as the first one didn't go entirely according to plan. He put a lot of thought into "Doctor Voodoo" and what to do with that character and how to approach him, so being able to bring him back onto the canvas and use him regularly is very appealing to Rick

Rick is writing Doctor Voodoo in the next volume of "Uncanny Avengers" -- is there a chance that book may feature some ideas from his "Doctor Voodoo" notebook that he didn't get to use?

Certainly, in terms of how Doctor Voodoo operates. It's not like they'll be Doctor Voodoo stories with six other Avengers in them, necessarily, but Rick invested a lot of mental effort in defining what that character is about, what motivates him, how he operates, how he functions, and how he's different from Doctor Strange. That mental effort will now hopefully pay off as we use him and pick him up again in "Uncanny Avengers."

In "AXIS" #8, Doctor Doom mentions that he made a faustian pact with a demigod to resurrect the Drumms. I assume that might be explored in "Uncanny Avengers."

[Laughs] Yeah, I would think so. Probably not right away, but eventually we're going to have to delve into that a little more deeply.

The Drumms met their ends during Bendis' "Avengers" run where, if I remember correctly, involved Daniel trying to get revenge on the team.

Yes, and he makes reference to that in this issue as he moves to possess Wanda, so we've taken those feelings into account. But ultimately, Daniel wanted revenge for the death of his brother and his brother is now alive again. So that kind of takes care of the motivation for those feelings. [Laughs]

very cool. Hopefully then, Dr. Voodoo can have recurring/regular appearances in some team books since his solo book got kneecapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    very cool. Hopefully then, Dr. Voodoo can have recurring/regular appearances in some team books since his solo book got kneecapped.
    He's part of Uncanny Avengers after this.

It's awesome that Jericho is back. Hopefully, Remender will make him more popular in Uncanny Avengers, and maybe he'll have another shot for a solo series.
    Daniel back too? I wonder if Victoria Hand's death will be adressed. I guess Remender will just ignore the way Bendis tried to ruin the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It's awesome that Jericho is back. Hopefully, Remender will make him more popular in Uncanny Avengers, and maybe he'll have another shot for a solo series.
    Daniel back too? I wonder if Victoria Hand's death will be adressed. I guess Remender will just ignore the way Bendis tried to ruin the character.
    Tried to?

I'd say that Bendis's hatchet job on Dr Voodoo ranks alongside breaking T'Challa's neck in AoU, the nerfing of Luke Cage's backbone and the disrespectful portrayal of Ororo during her short tenure as an Avenger as being par the course where his take on certain characters is concerned.