Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Astonishing Member

regarding parallax's weakening; presumably he was effected by whatever caused the other entities to start dieing (i'm guessing something to do with multiversal brainiac; or the anti-life equation apparently being partially released by yuga khan's spirit); only he was able to endure in a diminished capacity

Pretty underwhelmed. I enjoyed the start of this event but overall it was a let down. The New 52 New Gods have really been terrible. Not a fan of the current Orion. His new Han Solo-like attitude is one of the only things I really disliked about Azz's Wonder Woman run. Now we're stuck with this version of the character. He's Darkseid's true son and the Dog of New Genesis. I don't want to see him portrayed as a smarmy prick.
    So the Life Equation takes away a person's free will and makes them a pawn. Isn't that basically the same thing that the Anti-Life Equation does? I wish they would've said something about Highfather not actually having the true Life Equation. Also we didn't get the classic Highfather back like I was hoping.
    And the less said about the Kyle and Carol relationship the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So the Life Equation takes away a person's free will and makes them a pawn. Isn't that basically the same thing that the Anti-Life Equation does? I wish they would've said something about Highfather not actually having the true Life Equation. Also we didn't get the classic Highfather back like I was hoping.
    It seems the Life Equation more or less allows the user to do what they want regarding mostly anything. That includes turning people into pawns.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    It seems the Life Equation more or less allows the user to do what they want regarding mostly anything. That includes turning people into pawns.
    i guess the idea is ye olde "utopia has a price"

a true utopia will ultimately be as despotic as the most orwellian dystopia

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Pretty underwhelmed. I enjoyed the start of this event but overall it was a let down. The New 52 New Gods have really been terrible. Not a fan of the current Orion. His new Han Solo-like attitude is one of the only things I really disliked about Azz's Wonder Woman run. Now we're stuck with this version of the character. He's Darkseid's true son and the Dog of New Genesis. I don't want to see him portrayed as a smarmy prick.
    Well so far we only seen Highfather's obsession in prepping the war against Darkseid by countering against him with the Life-Equation. I'm sure there's another side to him, instead of being portrayed as Darkseid's reflection in Godhead, but unfortunately we haven't seen him as someone that embrace being peaceful philosopher. Hopefully if there's a new series, there should be the classic Highfather.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    There has always been different interpretations on how the life equation works post-crisis. The closest concept that most people refers to is Final Crisis, which is the most accurate. We know that the Life-Equation takes away the free will, but it's possible that the life-equation probably focuses more on a morality state of mind that distinguishes from what the meaning of what the anti Life-Equation do.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 12-28-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Incredible Member

Wans't the Life Equation supposed to be freedom of will, therefore the opposite of the Anti-Life Equation?
    It should't be making mindless Gods, but mindful Gods who whatever the hell they want?

I think the Life Equation does what the user wants, since Kyle unintentionally warped reality and changed Carol into Alex, the Highfather into a older version of himself and think killed Templar guardians?

But then again I read the New Guardians Futures End and it pretty much while it removed free will like the Anti Life Equation, there society seem to represent Order as oppose to the Chaos the Anti Life Equation caused in Final Crisis

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    I think the Life Equation does what the user wants, since Kyle unintentionally warped reality and changed Carol into Alex, the Highfather into a older version of himself and think killed Templar guardians?

But then again I read the New Guardians Futures End and it pretty much while it removed free will like the Anti Life Equation, there society seem to represent Order as oppose to the Chaos the Anti Life Equation caused in Final Crisis
    The Life Equation allows you to rewrite the universe as you see fit, IF you can figure out how. That's a big if - no one we've seen use it is particularly good at it, including Highfather. But (he said, pimping his book) you'll get to know somewhat more about this in the final New Guardians arc. A truly successful use of it would require massive intelligence, knowledge and will.

You could maybe infer what I think the Anti Life Equation does by what the use of the Life Equation hasn't done.

I think a good New Gods book could be spun from this event

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Guy is Red
    Kyle is White
    John has a Violet ring
    GLC is cancelled in March

Do I spot a pattern emerging here?
    Unfortunately, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    regarding parallax's weakening; presumably he was effected by whatever caused the other entities to start dieing (i'm guessing something to do with multiversal brainiac; or the anti-life equation apparently being partially released by yuga khan's spirit); only he was able to endure in a diminished capacity
    Ah okay, that makes sense. Otherwise, Parallax definitely should not have so many low-showings.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post
    The Life Equation allows you to rewrite the universe as you see fit, IF you can figure out how. That's a big if - no one we've seen use it is particularly good at it, including Highfather. But (he said, pimping his book) you'll get to know somewhat more about this in the final New Guardians arc. A truly successful use of it would require massive intelligence, knowledge and will.

You could maybe infer what I think the Anti Life Equation does by what the use of the Life Equation hasn't done.
    Awesome-Looking forward to it! Love your work on the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I think a good New Gods book could be spun from this event
    That would be awesome, and I think now is a good time, especially with all the Apokolips stuff going on in Earth 2, Godhead and the upcoming Darkseid war on Earth-The New Gods are doing alot right now! I think they deserve their own series that could further explore their worlds and histories up to this point in time.

I also came across another great tribute vid to Kyle Rayner and Godhead!:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Wans't the Life Equation supposed to be freedom of will, therefore the opposite of the Anti-Life Equation?
    It should't be making mindless Gods, but mindful Gods who whatever the hell they want?
    I remember when Orion had the Life equation he controlled the minds of billions on the universe, even if he had good intentions of making them do nice things

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post

Ooooh, looking forward to this... thank you for a great run on New Guardians by the way. Really enjoyed it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I remember when Orion had the Life equation he controlled the minds of billions on the universe, even if he had good intentions of making them do nice things
    That was the Anti-Life equation.

I think they should have explained Life Equation a bit more.

As supposed to controlling their minds, life equation should have merely guided them (so you have free will). Life equation just guides you to do good.....sort of like the indigo rings (although indigo rings just force you to do good, I think).

It might have been more interesting if they suggested that life equation merely altered the chemicals in your brain, thereby changing your own decisions, even if you aren't entirely aware of it (What is free will? The chemicals in our brain determine the decisions we make; in that sense, free will doesn't exist, since we can't control those chemicals. Well, we can through medicine/drug..but it's limited).

Perfect example is when people do stupid things while under influence (or just another drug)....the chemicals in your brain are either inhibited or exaggerated, depending on the drug...you make a decision out of your own accord (so, it's free will), but it might be something you might have not done (under normal circumstances).

Would have been great if they explored that a bit.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.