View Poll Results: Which of these titles was your favorite?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Lantern Corps

15 10.07%
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians

10 6.71%
  • Red Lanterns

18 12.08%
  • Klarion

2 1.34%
  • Secret Origins

3 2.01%
  • Batwoman

14 9.40%
  • Trinity of Sin

4 2.68%
  • Aquaman and the Others

4 2.68%
  • Arkham Manor

5 3.36%
  • Worlds Finest

9 6.04%
  • Infintiy Man and the Forever People

5 3.36%
  • Star Spangled War Stories

6 4.03%
  • Swamp Thing

54 36.24%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which recently announced cancelled title was your favorite?

Ok here we go again, new batch of titles getting the ax, which one was your favorite of these?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Easily Charles Soule's Swamp Thing, which has been the best in-universe book over the past year. I'm not surprised that it's being cancelled with Soule moving on, and I suspect it will be relaunched with a new creative team.

Of the new launches, I was enjoying Klarion and GI Zombie the most.

GI Zombie and Arkham Manor were the only two I was reading, and I was going to stop Arkham Manor because I am overloaded on Batman and pals. GI Zombie was pretty good, though

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I picked Worlds' Finest. While the stories haven't been the most interesting, I really liked the concept of a Huntress/Power Girl team-up book and now an Earth 2 Batman/Superman team-up book. I'll miss this book once it's gone.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I had stopped reading Swamp Thing after the Rot World arc. Apparently I missed out on Soule's wonderful work all this time. I was really enjoying G.I. Zombie in Star Spangled though. It's a very different book and the characters are interesting. So I"m going to miss that one. I hope our zombie makes an appearance in other books down the line.

While GLC would be close behind, for me I'm going to miss Red Lanterns A LOT! Soule was amazing, and really brought out the best in Guy. Of course, the writer was going to change anyway so hard to say if RL would stay in my favorite list or not. Still, it was the best of the Lantern books imo, and I say that as a Hal fan.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

I was concerned about Aquaman and the Others from the get go, it never really grabbed me like the main AM title. I was hoping it might stick around to get a better writer, but looks like the numbers just didn't add up for that one. Of these, I was only reading AM and the Others and Secret Origins.

Red Lanterns was my favorite of the canceled. It was horrible before Soule took over. I'm on issue 29 right now and Red Daughter has been really good.

GLC and GLNG, these titles aren't bad but they are kinda bland. Maybe its just Lantern burn out. And what ever happened to Stel?

I've enjoyed the World's Finest title since it became an Earth 2 Bats/Sups book. But I kinda thought this title was going to be gone at some point.

Aquaman And The Others would have been MUCH better served with John Ostrander on writing chores. He proved he could write them, and write them well. Jurgens' writing is just too bland in comparison.

G.I.Zombie was a lot of fun! Not a huge fan of Hampton's art, but it worked well enough here. Maybe Jared can find new (after)life in a new Frankenstein And The Creature Commandoes series.

Arkham Manor, though I never expected it to be a long runner because of its premise. It required Bruce to stay poor/stripped of his possessions and while I could have seen the Bat-books deciding to play with that idea for a while beyond the end of Eternal, things would always have returned to the status quo at some point.

Before it was published I figured it could maybe run for a year. After I read the first issue and saw that it was slanted as Bruce-goes-inside-the-Asylum-to-investigate-a-case I thought it very likely it'd be done at Convergence.

In all likelihood it, and the other 6 issue stealth minis were only ever intended as temporary placeholders to fill a publishing slot until we got to the break.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

GI Zombie and my guilty pleasure Worlds' Finest - I'm surprised this managed to last 32 issues, tbh, given its general lukewarm reception.

Spectacular Member

The loss of Batwoman has hit me the hardest, but I vote Klarion because I'm sad to see the world building stopped short like this.

Red Lanterns was my favourite, with New Guardians close behind. Swamp Thing was up there as well, but as I pick that up in trades I'm lagging quite a lot on that title.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Hopefully now that Klarion is over DC can use McCarthy for a worth while title! Maybe on a rebooted Batwoman where he belongs!

My answer is Swamp Thing because it was one of DC's best books and hopefully it comes back.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Red Lanterns because they had finally found a voice and a purpose and now they are gone.