Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Godhead Green Lantern / New God Event Spoilers/Discussion

First time reading about New Gods an woah-- they are really powerful.. never seen the Lantern Corps so out of their league. Hal was defeated by Orion twice by now. John Stewart had to retire from combat. The Blue and the Orange corps are no more. Also Sinestro got his ass kicked. Im loving it so far just finished reading GL New Guardians, the New Guadians werent even a match to Highfather, Kyle Rayner seem to be the only who could possibly stop the New Gods but now that Highfather is in control/manipulating the White Lantern it appears the New Gods quest for the Life Equation is over.

I still dont get the full picture tho are the New God actually the good guys? or is a grey area since they just caused genocide in the most populated planet on the galaxy by forcing evolution with the wrong "White Light/Life Equation"?

Originally, they were good guys. New 52 are basically good but more ends justify the means kind of approach. Highfather basically says that if a few thousand have to de to save billions then he would go for it.

Amazing Member

As stated above, ends justify the means. They are immortal, so when it comes to the populace of a single planet compared to the dangers to a whole multiverse, they won't care.

They're gods so they look at the big picture and the long term.

It is a little concerning that Metron is on the frontlines here. He generally doesn't concern himself with loss of life as he's more concerned with scientific answers without emotion.

I certainly hope that Highfather becomes the classic benevolent version of the character by the end of this story.

BANNED

Also the Kyle/Carol moments where kinda epic. Architect John Stewart reference was a nice touch. And Hal deserves a re-rematch vs Orion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Also the Kyle/Carol moments where kinda epic. Architect John Stewart reference was a nice touch. And Hal deserves a re-rematch vs Orion.
    Orion can go one on one with Superman so I don't think any number of rematches would change the outcome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They're gods so they look at the big picture and the long term.

It is a little concerning that Metron is on the frontlines here. He generally doesn't concern himself with loss of life as he's more concerned with scientific answers without emotion.

I certainly hope that Highfather becomes the classic benevolent version of the character by the end of this story.
    Metron might be knowledge/SCIENCE!!! without moral qualms, but New Genesis is the only side that he can deal with. Darkseid is currently sleeping off a beating from either the JL or Anti-Monitor, Kalibak's probably got very little control over the nobles, who are squabbling idiots; if grayven exists he's off being a useless plonker as per usual, and the Daughter is still AWOL. if Apokolips weren't crippled, its very likely an all out, utterly chaotic assault upon the multiverse and new genesis would have occured by now

Metron may consider New Genesis the more viable option for his own survival, same way he laid the foundations for the heroes victory in FC so he could be reborn in earth-51/5th world

incidentally, considering the fact that Highfather and Darkseid are probably BOTH lieing about the origins of the 4th world; any bets the life equation wakes up trapped in the wall (yuga khan? Prime?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Orion can go one on one with Superman so I don't think any number of rematches would change the outcome.
    So the power levels would be..

Highfather=Kyle Rayner>(Guardians?)>Superman=Orion=(New Gods?)>Green Lantern?

My reviews thus far:

Godhead 1/ GL 35: http://dccomicsnews.com/2014/10/01/r...5-mega-review/

GLC 35: http://dccomicsnews.com/2014/10/09/r...tern-corps-35/

GL - NG 35: http://dccomicsnews.com/2014/10/16/r...-guardians-35/

And my Red Lanterns review will be up Wednesday. So far, I'm enjoying it.
    Some minor gripes as you can see in my reviews, but overall, so far, so good.

So the power levels would be..

Highfather=Kyle Rayner>(Guardians?)>Superman=Orion=(New Gods?)>Green Lantern?
    somehow i thought that equation would be a bit different.

hal was able to kill krona once.

diana was able to put orion in his place just last year.

granted orion was just holding back when diana punched him..... but i kinda hoped green lanterns can put up a better fight against divine guardsmen.

Well, Diana IS a god herself. She's on Superman's power level, or close to it. I believe the page from Wonder Woman happened before she became the God of War, but even still, she was a god to begin with, just one without a domain of her own.

And I agree that the Lanterns should be able to put up more of a fight. I doubt Hal or John or any of the Corps' best could defeat the New Gods in a fight but they should at least be able to make a good showing of it.

Still, that's largely the only complaint I have about the Event thus far. I thought the GLC issue was well written filler, and the Gods themselves are certainly working on a level of violence and questionable morality that Im not used to, but so far its been good overall.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    somehow i thought that equation would be a bit different.

hal was able to kill krona once.
    Does it count if Johns wrote that? jk lol i just wish that was explained better than just Hal and krona screaming heh

How would you (o anyone) put it bettr? the equation

And, are Guardians still considerd the most powerful race in the universe?

Does it count if Johns wrote that? jk lol i just wish that was explained better than just Hal and krona screaming heh

They do seem pretty lame now a days...

BANNED

Spoilers haead

Guy Gardner and Simon Baz just got one shotted by Malhedron -probably the most badass of the New Gods- to be fair tho Guy was on sucide mood.

btw who told Baz that the New Gods were attacking the corps?

I dont fallow Simon Baz and droped Red Lanterns a while ago, but didnt Guy had a boost in power recenlty? or probably I just missunderstood.

Its not that the green lanterns ring can't kill a Guardian it was just programmed not to be able Hal had the willpower to override it similarly to how Simon could heal his friend