Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default What do you suppose the point of Spiderverse is?

So besides the obvious sales bump. Im talking about Peter/Spider-man. What do you think will come of this arc? What will change for our loveable web head? Spider-Gwen is getting her own title, is it her reality or 616? Will any of the other Spiders stick around, for that matter.....will Peter stick around? Will he end up reality hoping? Can this affect anything of any real importance. Not that it will happen, but imagine if Ben, Spock, Gwen got stuck in this time and reality. What do you think we could expect?

BANNED

Gwen will be returning to her universe.

I suppose by the end Peter will come to realize that somewhere out there he's an anthropomorphic pig.

By the look of secret wars..... the marvel universe appears to be going into a cataclysm. like a ''crisis on multiple earths'' scenario like Dc comics had back in the day. ironman has a new event called armor wars were it looks like hes fighting multiple ironmen as well. everyone's time traveling. earths are getting destroyed 116 versions of the same character are showing up simultaneously a big war breaks out and BOOM!

a Reboot at least i believe thats what this is all leading too... and spider verse will definitely tie into that. Gwen might end up staying in 616. and spock probably won't die no as long as slott is writing.
    Last edited by DATNIGG; 10-19-2014 at 03:35 PM.

BANNED

Armor Wars is part of Secret Wars. Bunch of different realities duking it out or somethin'.

BANNED

it's always this big event with characters dying left and right with buildings crumblings down and massive explosions with gigantic robots from another dimension with beings from another dimension along with Gods and Demigods. it's always the same thing. i know that some events are like this even back then but at least they just focus more and more on the story and character relationships trying not so hard to be orgasmic while today's events does the same at least but with today it's just more flashy colors
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-26-2014 at 12:01 PM.

...can we let the event finish before we declare that Slott is a sadist? Spideys are going to die, yes, but so are worlds across the Multiverse. Plus, we know that a bunch will still live--Spider-Gwen and the Ultimate U characters will be fine. My money says that the Ham will be fine.

BANNED

Yeah. I wish more events were like the original Secret Wars where no one died -- oh wait, I meant Mutant Massacre -- No, hold on, I meant Fall of the Mutants -- No, no, I meant to say some other event.

Fantastic Member

Given the general childishness of the F4 rumors, it seems to be one big “If we can’t have it then no one can have it” for the extended Spider-Man franchise.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Gwen will be returning to her universe.

I suppose by the end Peter will come to realize that somewhere out there he's an anthropomorphic pig.
    Have you read Ultimate FF ? (That would make two of us.) Spider-Ham has already crossed over with Ultimate U, so Peter Parker and Peter Porker meeting probably isn't that far off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Given the general childishness of the F4 rumors, it seems to be one big “If we can’t have it then no one can have it” for the extended Spider-Man franchise.
    but sony and marvel arte making a deal consdeirng the state sony is in. sony is still gonna have a hold on the franchise and hopefully TASM universe will tie into the MCU and hopefully with Andrew Garfield and the rest of the cast reprising their roles.

what would be more insane than getting rid of the F4 is getting rid of the x-men characters we grew up with like wolverine(even though he's dead for now), jean grey, beast, nightcrawler, kitty pryde, jubilee, x-23, pixie, anole, rockslide, magneto, mystique, sabretooth, deadpool, blob, charles xavier, daken, rogue, colossus, angel, storm, gambit, and so on and replace them with NEW characters just because the mutants aren't in the MCU along with the other x-men and bortherhood and other x-men related stuff even though no readers know who they are and know that they are set in the marvel universe which just pisses off the intelligence of the new readers would probably hurt you business. now of course that'll never happen but i'm saying if Marvel are willing to go that far then i hope they prepare for the worst mauling they'll recieve in their lives

im thinking the purpose is the same as all of the marvel u these days...make everything so big and complicated it will either attract people to read more of it or turn everyone off...its definately doing the later for me!

To tell a cool exciting story that ties in the multiverse-style themes talking place across the Marvel U, that hopefully engages readers and continues to keep ASM at the top of the sales charts. I can't wait for the first Spidey/Spock confrontation!

Quote Originally Posted by mlazic View Post
    To tell a cool exciting story that ties in the multiverse-style themes talking place across the Marvel U, that hopefully engages readers and continues to keep ASM at the top of the sales charts. I can't wait for the first Spidey/Spock confrontation!
    yes, this would be the point.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Yeah. I wish more events were like the original Secret Wars where no one died -- oh wait, I meant Mutant Massacre -- No, hold on, I meant Fall of the Mutants -- No, no, I meant to say some other event.
    I don't remember anyone dying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    I'm thinking the purpose is the same as all of the marvel u these days...make everything so big and complicated it will either attract people to read more of it or turn everyone off...its definitely doing the later for me!
    The first part seems more likely. Though the Later is happening for me.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-26-2014 at 11:18 AM.

BANNED

Everyone died. Wasp died too earlier in the series.

Then everyone got better.

And of course there's Infinity Gauntlet. Oh, and Crisis.