Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Action View Post
    The thing about Black Widow is that, she's not a "superhero" in the traditional sense. not in the same way as, like, Batman or Superman or Thor or Iron Man or Captain America. What Marvel needs is someone on their level and that's Captain Marvel.
    She's as least as "superhero" as Batman, maybe a little more with her stingers. They could even give her a Widow-mobile or jet, and other Bat-like gadgets.

It doesn't have to be a Black Widow movie, but she's already appeared in three popular films, played by a popular actress, so she is the most obvious choice. The star of a low-selling comic with a name more associated to two male heroes seems like a riskier move.

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

I would rather see a Clea movie. That way the dimensions, creatures and magic can be eye candy if the story comes up short.

Fantastic Member

Don't get why people have to put one female character against another. It's a sad indicator of how things are that people expect no more than one female led superhero movie from Marvel in the next 5+ years. They should definitely make a Black Widow movie (count me among the people who don't get why such a film isn't already confirmed) AND they should make Captain Marvel. I'd say that they're both more inherently marketable than the vastly altered version of Ant-Man that's coming out next year, or even Guardians of the Galaxy on a pure premise level. If Marvel can make a talking tree and a talking raccoon work, then there's really no reason why they can't make a movie starring a woman.

I would be happy with any female led Marvel super hero film. I would prefer Carol as Captain Marvel but I would support any female character really.

Of course I think having an Elsa Bloodstone movie would be great, as she is a character like GotG that isn't mainstream in the comics enough to be tied down by too much and she could help flesh out the more supernatural side of the MCU that we will be seeing a bit of with Doctor Strange.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Fantastic Member

Black Widow is such a no brainer at this point. The character is established, and she's immediately accessible. You literally don't need to know anything more about her other than that she's a spy.

They've got one of the most famous actresses in the world playing her. Someone who just powered a modestly budgeted ($40 million) and weird art film with mediocre reviews to more than $415 million worldwide box office. More than Tom Cruise and The Rock's last movies. More than the first Captain America.

Any questions about a woman's ability to lead a movie (as sexist as that idea always was from the start) should have been put to rest by The Hunger Games and all of be successful females movies that have come out in recent years.

A Black Widow movie wouldn't just bring in Marvel fans, it can appeal to people who don't really care about superheroes at all. People who like James Bond or good action movies in general without the costumes.
    Don't know what Marvel is waiting for.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Love seeing Marvel act so transparent. It was pretty obvious they didn't give a crap about a female lead before, but now that WB is doing it, they're suddenly alllllllll about it.

Though if this dick measuring contest between the studios leads to more female/POC lead films, I guess it will all work out for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by mfactor View Post
    They have no other option but to introduce and do a Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel movie. I like Black Widow. just think i would go see a movie about a her. she's no Captain America
    Black Widow helped carry The Winter Soldier in a big way.

Too bad for Marvel they don't have Harley Quinn, that's who needs to get something going right away. If DC was smart they would be promoting Harley non stop while she's smoldering hot, and get a movie out there.

I think Spider-Gwen or Kate Bishop could work for Marvel if they're trying to establish something new, Black Widow's already established out there and so that should work. She-Hulk lawyer, or maybe Angela with a Guardians of the Galaxy guest appearance to help get some hype on it, could be interesting.

Or.. Medusa starring Christina Hendricks with a support cast of Inhumans.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-19-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Astonishing Member

I would like to see how marvel could make a black widow movie and have it successful. That would be interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Black Widow helped carry The Winter Soldier in a big way.

Too bad for Marvel they don't have Harley Quinn, that's who needs to get something going right away. If DC was smart they would be promoting Harley non stop while she's smoldering hot, and get a movie out there.

I think Spider-Gwen or Kate Bishop could work for Marvel if they're trying to establish something new, Black Widow's already established out there and so that should work. She-Hulk lawyer, or maybe Angela with a Guardians of the Galaxy guest appearance to help get some hype on it, could be interesting.

Or.. Medusa starring Christina Hendricks with a support cast of Inhumans.
    Seeing as she's A Gwen and spider-related, would Sony, or Marvel, own her?

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    It's a sad indicator of how things are that people expect no more than one female led superhero movie from Marvel in the next 5+ years.
    We're just being realistic- Disney bought Marvel for the boy market. We'll be lucky to see one female-lead movie, and it will have to be a success before they'll make a second.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Just make the next Hulk movie a She-Hulk one.

Problem solved.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    Don't get why people have to put one female character against another. It's a sad indicator of how things are that people expect no more than one female led superhero movie from Marvel in the next 5+ years. They should definitely make a Black Widow movie (count me among the people who don't get why such a film isn't already confirmed) AND they should make Captain Marvel. I'd say that they're both more inherently marketable than the vastly altered version of Ant-Man that's coming out next year, or even Guardians of the Galaxy on a pure premise level. If Marvel can make a talking tree and a talking raccoon work, then there's really no reason why they can't make a movie starring a woman.
    Action movies starring women leads can make a profit (sauce). But I can't think of a single one that was a blockbuster. Marvel can change all of that, though. They've got a huuuuge surplus of public goodwill and could quite possibly establish a tradition of kick-ass female leads that also kick ass at the box office. But you need something spectacular for that, and you're not going to get that from another Spy flick, even if that Spy was Black Widow. America needs Captain Marvel.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

A Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel movie would be an excellent bridge between the sci fi and Earthbound MCU heroes.

I know the chances of this is very, very slim, but I think Marvel & Marvel Studios can really turn the whole superhero movie arms race on it's head by doing a movie about Elektra. They own the rights and they can get downright scarey creative if they had the will.

Visually, I think Elektra is very distinct. Her all red outfit would be a very stark contrast to everything that is going on. I think they can go with something very simple and elegant, give her a sense of the supernatural and they can throw her into the world that Dr. Strange will no doubt exist, the mystical part of the Marvel Universe that I don't think has been tapped to it's full potential.

If Marvel Studios was in a mind to make some heads turn with it's first female-lead movie, I think it should be Elektra.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I know the chances of this is very, very slim, but I think Marvel & Marvel Studios can really turn the whole superhero movie arms race on it's head by doing a movie about Elektra. They own the rights and they can get downright scarey creative if they had the will.

Visually, I think Elektra is very distinct. Her all red outfit would be a very stark contrast to everything that is going on. I think they can go with something very simple and elegant, give her a sense of the supernatural and they can throw her into the world that Dr. Strange will no doubt exist, the mystical part of the Marvel Universe that I don't think has been tapped to it's full potential.

If Marvel Studios was in a mind to make some heads turn with it's first female-lead movie, I think it should be Elektra.
    Has the character yet recovered from that awful mid-aught's train wreck? I think they only reboot franchises that make money. Say what you will about Daredevil and Ghost Rider, the movies may have sucked but they still brought home the bacon.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."