Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

While it's not outside the realm of possibility, but I'm not worried. Disney has had a pretty hands off approach so far and would be wise to keep it that way.

Edit: On that note, the Pinocchio song in the Avengers 2 trailer is a great perk of Marvel being owned by Disney. If there's one thing Disney movies usually have going for them is the soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post

This thread illustrates how Marvel readers are quirky and weird in their taste of what is deemed "cool"
    Also on the very not "cool" list if they show up, would be from Disney's action hero line - the Rubén Procopio styled Adventure Heroes meet the Avengers.

Prince Philip - Cap America
    Hercules - Thor
    Beast(with transform spell) - Hulk
    Aladin - Scarlet Witch
    Tarzan - Black Panther
    Pan - Hawkey
    (add) Mulan - Black Widow
    (Adventure styled) Buzz Lightyear - Iron-Man
    (Adventure styled) Woody - Nick Fury LOL!

Or a billion other variations

And of course the most obvious F4 - Incredibles.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-06-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Maybe Bugs Bunny is the Great Destroyer and behind the Incursions.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    Bugs is Warner Bros., not Disney. Although your idea does give a whole new meaning to "Ain't I a stinker?"
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    Duck Amuck style, that would be so meta...

Of course Epic Mickey would strike back with his paint brush...

And recreate everything.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-06-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Some sort of Star Wars/Marvel Universe x-over will happen. This is like a license to print money, and Disney can not pass it up. I really want to see the Dr. Doom Darth Vader meeting.
    Not just Vader, there are quite a few Star Wars characters that would be fun to see in the Marvel multiverse, like General Grievous, Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress. The Force and Midichlorians would also integrate seamlessly, although I suspect that Marvel defines "Chi energy" in 616 in the same light as the Force. I could even see characters like Namor or The Patriot (Eli Bradley) being reimagined as having Force abilities.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just hope it's gonna make more sense than Star Trek meeting the X-men.

Vader vs. Doom, I could get behind that yeah. But otherwise it does not sound too exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Bugs is Warner Bros., not Disney. Although your idea does give a whole new meaning to "Ain't I a stinker?"
    Ha. Whoops. Wasn't thinking straight. Make that Jafar instead.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    You ever see Who Framed Roger Rabbit? It can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Some sort of Star Wars/Marvel Universe x-over will happen. This is like a license to print money, and Disney can not pass it up. I really want to see the Dr. Doom Darth Vader meeting.
    It's inevitable -

Extending on the theme:

Vader - Doom (the scarred for life (physicality and mentally), grim-dark masked cloaked villain.

vs:

Luke - Johnny Storm (the siblings)
    Leia - Sue Storm (the siblings)
    Han - Reed (overbearing boyfriend)
    Chewie - Ben (the big loyal sidekick co-pilot)

R2/3PO - H.E.R.B.I.E (the robot pals)

Death Star - Galactus the planet destoyers

The fun paralels are rife, and to good to pass up
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-22-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

- Vader vs Doom: Two of the most bad-ass villains ever meeting each other?

- Donald Duck vs Deadpool
    - Donald Duck wielding Mjolnir

Worried? I'm hoping for something like this

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Disney is not going to bring Mickey Mouse into a Deadpool comic. Those are two totally separate demographics.

Star Wars and Disney target the same demographic but, at the same time, Disney likes to keep their properties separate, for the most part. It will happen, just not any time soon.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

[QUOTE=MarioHerald;625943]

/QUOTE]

When did Justice go from being a teacher at Avenger's Academy to being a teenager? Same with Speedball? The guy was one of the root causes of Civil War! He's is indirectly responsible for all those kids that were murdered! He wore a suit of armor with spikes on the inside! When did "get get over" that and find himself de-aged into a teen? Bah!

Yeah, not sure why anyone would be worried about this.

On the one hand, most of Disney's properties wouldn't mix well with Marvel comics. What are they going to do, send Frozen's Elsa through time so she can join the X-Men? I really dont see stuff like that happening. Most comic fans, I imagine, have little interest in seeing Disney Princesses in their comics. And if there is a demand for it, Disney can publish their own comics through Marvel without having them share continuities.

Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars? Now there's an idea that could actually work and make for a solid miniseries. But its not like we'd see the Star Wars cast brought into the Marvel U "for keeps". The idea of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker joining the Avengers, or Vader and Doom, okay, that has some appeal on a real basic, not-very-thought-out level but its not something that could be maintained for more than a fun little miniseries that likely wouldnt "count" to begin with.

Seeing things like the Avengers show up on Fineas & Ferb (did I spell that right?) made my son's whole year and we'll see stuff like that happen now and then. And why not? Its fun and its not like it damages the Marvel properties. Quite the contrary, Im sure lots of little kids too young for the movies discovered superheroes for the first time because of Fineas & Ferb.

Honestly, the whole thing could go terribly wrong. But with the management at both Disney and Marvel, I wouldnt worry about it. Its not like this is Dan Didio and DC.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I'm more worried about the corporate blandness of Disney permeating throughout the former House of Ideas.

Storytelling taking a backseat to preserving safe, consequence-free, blockbuster-ready film properties.