Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I'm more worried about the corporate blandness of Disney permeating throughout the former House of Ideas.

Storytelling taking a backseat to preserving safe, consequence-free, blockbuster-ready film properties.
    Actually, thats a long term fear for me as well. You see this with DC; they cant really do anything with their characters that endangers WB's marketable status quo. Given the current management at both companies I dont think its a problem, but down the road under other CEO's? Potentially troublesome.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey moves into the Sanctum Santorum to become Doc Strange's new apprentice....

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    That's because The Lego Movie was made by Time Warner. Why give their opposition use of their characters?

No such problem would exist with having a Spidey figure in a Toy Story cartoon, of course, because Disney owns both Marvel and Pixar.
    That exact situation happened when Disney made "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" with the caveat that the top-flight characters Daffy/Donald and Bugs/Mickey had equal screen time. That is why they only appear in scenes together with the same number of frames.

Worry...
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-18-2016 at 06:11 AM.

ANYONE WORRIED ABOUT DISNEY CHARACTERS SHOWING UP IN MARVEL?
    Still looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-11-2018 at 05:49 PM.

It's simultaneously amusing and embarrassing to look back on stuff like this and see all this overreacting to the Disney-Marvel buyout, seeing all these posts about the comics and the movies being "kiddyfied" or ruined forever.

For the most part this hasn't proven the case. At all. Disney is content to let Marvel do its thing on its own. I think pretty much the only ones who've been really up in arms are fans of the Big Hero 6 comic book.

I'd actually welcome a Spider-Man/Mouse crossover.

People were worried about Disney/Marvel mashup,crossover,interactions, and everything in between.
    Since this topic was started DC has had team up comics with Hanna Barbera and Looney Tunes characters. One of the best selling and beloved comics was a Batman and Elmer Fudd vs/team up comic.

To be honest if it happens or not it's the fear. Just bad quality writing should be feared and that can happen and subjective without Disney characters popping up.

I've seen fanarts and prints mixing Marvel and Disney that has been enjoyable to see.
    Spider-Gwen riding Dumbo as he flies and she hangs on his belly, Rapunzel and Spider-man swinging together from danger, Fantastic Four meets the Incredibles, Bambi hiring the Punisher to take out his mother's killer. Marvel characters enjoying a day in the parks while Disney Characters pay tribute undergo some of Marvel biggest events.

To be honest while I don't think they would do a series or crossover I could see a fun variant cover month theme.

I don't fear it happening. I just worry that if it did happen that it is done poorly and there is no way to tell till such stuff comes out to be judged.
    So if a writer has a fantastic idea or multiple writers want to give it a try or artists would like to make some sort of works I say them them try. Don't limit creators when you might get some shockingly fun and quality works.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I think that a team up with Marvel characters and the Disney comics characters (the Duck-family characters, and Mickey + the rest of the classic shorts characters) would be N awesome idea, but I wonder if the licensing deals for the current Disney comics would prevent that (or at least make it too complicated to bother with).

I do know it would take some red tape to be cut. When I was at NYC Comic Con in in 2017 I ask a Disney artist about what his commission prices and rules were. I found out he could draw any Disney or Marvel character BUT legally could not have characters in different series in the same picture. If he was making a 'fanart' and not linked to Disney then he/Disney would be fine but since he was a current official Disney Animator/artist he was limited due to red tape. For Example Anna from Frozen and Lilo from Lilo and Stitch could not be in the same picture without Disney lawyers getting the forms and red tape and calls out first. They both might be Disney characters but made by different teams and apparently that makes a big impact due to red tape.

So what we are writing about would first requires the red tape being sorted for all characters involved. A recent Disney app game called 'Disney Heroes' is actually amazing to see happen as that was alot of red tape Disney had to get through and continue to do just so Vanellope and Elastigirl and many others could have a full conversation and interactions together to be shown to the gamers.

So while some have more red tape then others all characters have red tape that will have to be handled. That doesn't even get to the comic publishing licensing deals also.

Thus people agian worried for something that would be timely (but not impossible) to sort out.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Fantasia Mickey is going to be the next Sorcerer Supreme. You heard it here first, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey moves into the Sanctum Santorum to become Doc Strange's new apprentice....

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Fantasia Mickey is going to be the next Sorcerer Supreme. You heard it here first, folks.
    First? Well in at least two post before yours, but heck-yeah!

Scrooge McDuck could do a hostile take over of Tony Stark.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Look, Kingdom Hearts III isn't even out yet so let's be patient shall we

"Tony, you'll always be in my heart! Nothing is ever gonna change that!"

"Okay, kid. Don't make this creepy."