Page 500 of 555 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    No she didn't.

A massacre, yes. A slaughter, indeed. A genocide, no.
    You're correct, it was the wrong choice of words on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So...
    Who do we think actually got a satisfying story?
    Well, for me Tyrion's was the most entertaining to follow.

Wonder Arya was really getting boring to follow, i never had much patience for Sansa and Jon, well, he can live the life he wanted i guess so that's something. (as living in the cold with savages was his dream life ^^)

The true bittersweet ending is Pod going celibate as a member of Bran's Kingsguard.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

No she didn't.

A massacre, yes. A slaughter, indeed. A genocide, no.
    Well, I mean, the implication was that she might as well have been on her way. Jon's teeny tiny light bulb started to flicker during the "From Winterfell to Dorne," etc. etc. speech in the name of so-called liberation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    The true bittersweet ending is Pod going celibate as a member of Bran's Kingsguard.
    Wait, is celibacy a prerequisite for the Kingsguard? I know they can't father children or marry, but Jaime and Trant repeatedly had sex. The Night's Watch seems to be waaayyy more defined and stricter about the no sex rule.

Plus, it'd be a damn shame for Brienne to swear to that oath considering she just discovered sex. Then again, technically she can't father children, either.

I also imagine Tyrion instituting rule changes since he himself is a heathen.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-20-2019 at 10:04 AM.

So did Jon fulfillthe prince that was promised prophecy or not?

He gathered everyone to fight the WW to protect the realm and then stabbed Dany to protect the realm

So... yes? no? a little bit?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. In this universe there is precedent that a female of a more prestigious house keep her name and her children be born with that name. Sansa being Queen by default makes her the most prestigious house in the North (the Starks already were). Her children will be Starks regardless of whom she marries, especially since it is understood that if they aren't, her family becomes extinct

as far as Ellaria

LOL

It's a pity they didn't revisit her (though her particular torment may have reduced her to madness, who knows). It kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth that all the acclaim this show received for having strong women in power ended up doing away with all of them except for Sansa. Even though Yara survives, she is pretty much forced under Bran's thumb and doesn't press her independence bargain she had worked out (sort of) with Dany. I mean, I get that Dany was always meant to be the villain (and thus killed) and Cersei had to go, but couldn't they have kept some of the other women around, like Olenna (may she RIP)? The Six Kingdoms has pretty much reverted back to a sausage fest.

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So did Jon fulfillthe prince that was promised prophecy or not?

He gathered everyone to fight the WW to protect the realm and then stabbed Dany to protect the realm

So... yes? no? a little bit?
    Yeah. It was just in reverse order. He defeated the WW’s then stabbed his Nissa Nissa and then the swords in the Iron Throne glowed red only hear it was an unforging. He saved the realm from Ice and Fire

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So...
    Who do we think actually got a satisfying story?
    I would've said Jon Snow had the best stories from seasons 1-7. Season 8, not so much.
    Maybe the Hound? Tormund? Though they are 2nd and 3rd tier characters, but they remained consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Wait, is celibacy a prerequisite for the Kingsguard? I know they can't father children or marry, but Jaime and Trant repeatedly had sex. The Night's Watch seems to be waaayyy more defined and stricter about the no sex rule.

Plus, it'd be a damn shame for Brienne to swear to that oath considering she just discovered sex. Then again, technically she can't father children, either.

I also imagine Tyrion instituting rule changes since he himself is a heathen.
    In the books, the Night's Watch and the Kingsguard share the same vows concerning no marriage and no fathering of children. As far as actually having sex, it's a murky area, but is generally meant to mean "just don't do it." In the books, one of the viewpoint characters is a Kingsguard knight who basically kills himself out of shame for breaking his vows by sexing a Dornish princess. Another story has a Kingsguard knight castrated when it is discovered that he was secretly wed...to three different women at the same time.

Maybe the show changes the rules under the new order, who can say?

Well, for me Tyrion's was the most entertaining to follow.

Wonder Arya was really getting boring to follow, i never had much patience for Sansa and Jon, well, he can live the life he wanted i guess so that's something. (as living in the cold with savages was his dream life ^^)
    The writers finally did Tyrion justice after handing the smartest character the show the idiot ball for multiple seasons.

60661848_2234436353475012_6898320009748021248_n.jpg

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The writers finally did Tyrion justice after handing the smartest character the show the idiot ball for multiple seasons.

Heh.

Grey Worm: "Wait... what just happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    LOL

It's a pity they didn't revisit her (though her particular torment may have reduced her to madness, who knows). It kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth that all the acclaim this show received for having strong women in power ended up doing away with all of them except for Sansa. Even though Yara survives, she is pretty much forced under Bran's thumb and doesn't press her independence bargain she had worked out (sort of) with Dany. I mean, I get that Dany was always meant to be the villain (and thus killed) and Cersei had to go, but couldn't they have kept some of the other women around, like Olenna (may she RIP)? The Six Kingdoms has pretty much reverted back to a sausage fest.
    Kinda pisses me off that they killed Lyanna Mormont. That girl had ballz made of vibranium.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post

Greyworn: Quiet traitor! You don’t have the right to speak!

Tyrion: You’re so right? Just let me pick the king real quick.... Bran!

Bran: I don’t want it.

Tyrion: Please

Bran: Okay but only if you are my hand

Tyrion: Oh I couldn’t

Bran: Please

Tyrion: If you say so my grace.

Greyworm:

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Greyworn: Quiet traitor! You don’t have the right to speak!

Tyrion: You’re so right? Just let me pick the king real quick.... Bran!

Bran: I don’t want it.

Tyrion: Please

Bran: Okay but only if you are my hand

Tyrion: Oh I couldn’t

Bran: Please

Tyrion: If you say so my grace.

Greyworm:
    Greyworm would be horrible lawyer

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

The Night's Watch seems to be waaayyy more defined and stricter about the no sex rule.
    counterpoint: Sam, Jon