Page 501 of 555 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    also works better if you don't try to think of any "what happens next" stuff at all

Just smile and go "yay happy ending to westeros!" lol

because in reality, Dorne secedes, Iron Islands secedes, drogon is out there burning and killing as he see fits (dudes gotta eat lol), Unsullied all die on Naarth or whatever, Dothraki back to pillaging, all the work dany did in essos will be undone once tey realize she is dead, the "game of thrones" is gonna get intense between whoever is left, ect
    In the least, I think Westeros is better off now than when the story began.

The big difference is obviously the threat of the Night King is gone. Most of the "evil" people in government are gone, and what's left for the most part seem to be descent people trying to do the right thing. Essos at worst reverts to what it was before, and at best will have people fighting to retain what Dany achieved. Dothraki may go back to pillaging, but at least there's a lot less of them to pillage. What the Unsullied do is up to them... I think they're better off now than before, but if that poisonous Butterfly thing happens yeah they are screwed. Just because you are given freedom doesn't mean you will make smart choices with it. People up North have their freedom, and the Free Folk at least have better relations with everyone down south.

Overall, things are better. Certainly not all the problems are gone and I'm sure things potentially will decline... but a lot of the bad elements were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Kinda pisses me off that they killed Lyanna Mormont. That girl had ballz made of vibranium.
    It was sad, but she went out like a boss. Overall it was pretty cool treatment for a character who was supposed to be just a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Greyworn: Quiet traitor! You don’t have the right to speak!

Tyrion: You’re so right? Just let me pick the king real quick.... Bran!

Bran: I don’t want it.

Tyrion: Please

Bran: Okay but only if you are my hand

Tyrion: Oh I couldn’t

Bran: Please

Tyrion: If you say so my grace.

Greyworm:
    Honestly I'll bet Grey Worm by that point didn't even care.

He played hardball for a bit so as not to show weakness, but he was probably fine leaving all of this behind and getting the heck out of there.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    As an aside, the leaks were true.

All of them.
    Which Is why i didn't bother with the rest of the episodes. After episode 3 i just spoiled myself. It ended the only way feasible. Although calling it a "bittersweet" ending seems relative.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    This to me just feels bitter, no sweet whatsoever.

I didn't like that Jon and Arya and Sansa are never going to see each other again. And Jon really sacrificed himself for everyone and got nothing for it. They didn't even acknowledge what he did. Like he warned everyone about the Night King, got them to join up, stopped Dany, but in the end its just like yup sentenced you to nights watch, bye. I know Grayworm had to punish him, but everyone else should have stuck up for him, fought for him a little more.

Just like he did the dozen or times before he helped other people and they ignored it.

I did like that as soon as he got to the Night Watch everyone just showed respect and let him live on. They at least remembered what he did.

He should have said goodbye to Sam or something.

Arya's whole whats west of westeros idea was like added in the last two episodes cause they couldn't think of anything for her to do. Not saying she should have married Gendry, but it feels like her goal was because the writers couldn't think of anything better.

Don't like what they did with Dany and Grayworm, but that was last episode.

Really feel like they botched this series into the ground with the last two episodes.
    I disagree, the ending seemed way too sweet than bitter. Almost to the point of being out of place.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 05-20-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Which Is why i didn't bother with the rest of the episodes. After episode 3 i just spoiled myself. It ended the only way feasible. Although calling it a "bittersweet" ending seems relative.
    Yeah, bitter sweet is a pretty relative term.

That said, I get why they would call it that. All the bad guys are dead, Westeros is at peace, and most of the remaining good guys seem in a good place. Of the surviving good guys the person who had it worst was probably Jon, but even he got an ending which I think he is good with all things considered.

Short of the Disney ending with Jon and Dany flying off on a Dragon to live happily ever after, I'm not sure we could have believably gotten much better.

I disagree, the ending seemed way too sweet than butter. Almost to the point of being out of place.
    The main character went nutso, burned a whole city down, and had to be put down by her lover/nephew/other main character with a dagger ot the gut, who was then exiled because of it.

i mean, thats somewhat bitter lol

There was A LOT of fanservice though. Like Bronn master of coin... that dude stopped being useful a long time ago.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The main character went nutso, burned a whole city down, and had to be put down by her lover/nephew/other main character with a dagger ot the gut, who was then exiled because of it.

i mean, thats somewhat bitter lol

There was A LOT of fanservice though. Like Bronn master of coin... that dude stopped being useful a long time ago.
    Jon got the ending he more or less wanted, that's not bitter lol.

Jon got the ending he more or less wanted, that's not bitter lol.
    Did you miss the whole stabbing part?

he loved two people and both ended up dead in his arms
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Also y'all are probably giving too much credit to D&D about the Naath thing. They probably don't even remember the butterflies lol.

Did you miss the whole stabbing part?

he loved two people and both ended up dead in his arms
    I guess what I'm saying it wasn't really bittersweet from an audience POV. In universe I guess it's more accurate...

Extraordinary Member

I disagree, the ending seemed way too sweet than bitter. Almost to the point of being out of place.
    I’m actually going to agree with you on this one. The only bitter part was Dany dying imo. All the Stark’s made out amazing. Every last antagonist is dead right now.

It’s funny before this episode a lot of people, myself included, thought it would be a pure tragedy and couldn’t see how a bittersweet anything could come out of it. But once Dany died it basically rewarded every character

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’m still not understanding why he’s master of coin when he doesn’t know how banking works.

Extraordinary Member

Also y'all are probably giving too much credit to D&D about the Naath thing. They probably don't even remember the butterflies lol.

I wouldn’t put it completely past them. They did a lot of book fan service this episode. Dany’s whole speech about how huge she thought the throne would be was actually the book throne being described, and Dany name dropping everywhere she wanted to conquer. The Song of Ice and Fire book. I totally think that was them being a bit sly

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I’m still not understanding why he’s master of coin when he doesn’t know how banking works.

The two richest realms were the Reach and Casterly Rock. Casterly Rock ran out of gold. Bronn is the Lord of Hightower. That effectively makes him Lord Paramount of the Reach. He runs the richest region and has access to the most money