Page 354 of 555 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given the relatively large gap between season 7 and 8, I think it's entirely possible many people cancelled their HBO but plan on renewing it again when season 8 starts.
    But only for 6 weeks. Better than nothing, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I don't think so, D&D just seem like they're over the show and just wanted to move on to something else. There's a **** ton of other stuff that they could have done from the books that could have filled that gap. A much darker theory i read elsewhere was that D&D saw what George had planned as a ending for his book series and was like "**** that" and went a different route.
    I will agree with that. It feels like D & D are over it and want to end it fast. Season 7 felt that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

If Whedon had written it then Brienne, Pod, Tormund, Arya, Sam and Gilly would have been slaughtered in quick succession just "for the feels"
    I meant the buddy humour element of the whole season.

And Baelish while devious, had to be removed from the board before the White Walkers hit. They are way too OP so his machinations would have been useless. I wonder if Book Sansa never returned to Winterfell and somehow has him killed in the Eyrie itself. That would be even more anticlimactic in a way.
    Bealish IS the Board.

If the appearance of the White Walkers cuts most of the political stuff, it's going to be boring as Hell. If anything Baelish should have been one of the last person standing to get at the Throne. It would have been interesting.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 01-05-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Now. Thinking about Jaime, he goes North, I think he may pass by the Freys and try to free the Tully guy is married to the Frey lady. Remember that guy hated Jaime, but they could form an uneasy alliance where Jaime is like take the bull by the horns, dude, there are almost no Freys anymore, you are married to a Frey, have become the King of the place, we'll take the remaining army and move to the Tullys where you run it it. That creates a decent army composed of Freys and Tullys lead by the Tully guy and Jaime. Jaime could marry a Tully girl to cement the alliance. A new House is formed. These guys could form a sort of barrier between Cersei and the Lannisters and them wanting to attack the Dany-Jon camp(who are busy taking care of the Walkers).

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Bealish IS the Board.

If the appearance of the White Walkers cuts most of the political stuff, it's going to be boring as Hell. If anything Baelish should have been one of the last person standing to get at the Throne. It would have been interesting.
    For TV series continuity,it was logical to remove Baelish.His machinations couldn't work with all the Starks together,especially with Bran and Arya and their skills.Cercei as the last human villain was a result of Lannister popularity plus Jaime arc of turning against Cercei influence and stupidity.

But for book continuity,i hope Baelish is the last human villain to meet his demise,only because it was his machinations that started the game of thrones(as a race for the Iron Throne)and he should be that last to meet his demise.Although,i have a feeling that Euron could shurpass him,especially the book version who is boarderline Dark Lord.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    For TV series continuity,it was logical to remove Baelish.His machinations couldn't work with all the Starks together,especially with Bran and Arya and their skills.Cercei as the last human villain was a result of Lannister popularity plus Jaime arc of turning against Cercei influence and stupidity.
    I'm going to be honest here, Cersei shouldn't have lasted no longer than Baelish. They both should be dead before the army of the dead got through the wall. I expect that Baelish wont last long i n the books either, neither will Cersei imo.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I'm going to be honest here, Cersei shouldn't have lasted no longer than Baelish. They both should be dead before the army of the dead got through the wall. I expect that Baelish wont last long i n the books either, neither will Cersei imo.
    I REALLY want that winds of winter book to see how fans are going to either be happy or pissed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I REALLY want that winds of winter book to see how fans are going to either be happy or pissed. lol
    To tell the truth,after so many years,we have so many theories and scenarios and possible outcomes,that logic dictates that Martin's solution would be lackluster.Except,if he makes a surprise and gives a decent result to some of the plots.Still,i don't believe he would finish the saga.Winds of Winter is the semi-final book.Dreams of Spring will be truly a dream for book readers.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Cersei was always going to be the last human antagonist left standing, at least on the show which did a lot more for her characterisation than the books ever bothered. The only way Baelish would have outlasted her was if he had been a descendant of House Reyne who had primarily put the Game of Thrones into play to destroy the Lannisters as revenge for Tywin wiping out his family. In which case, Cersei's demise would have been symbolic of his shortlived victory before his own death. That was my favourite fan theory that I really hoped would have been true but it wasn't. So if he were a non-Reyne, then *shrug* no biggie with Cersei outlasting him. It drives home the stark and bitter truth of this simple point

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Given that GRRM seems optimistic that one or two books will be released this year, I do think the Winds of Winter will be released this year.

Which will be huge and fill the void of a year without GoT.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Given that GRRM seems optimistic that one or two books will be released this year, I do think the Winds of Winter will be released this year.

Don't raise your hopes

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

By "one or TWO books" I assume he means Winds of Winter and a non-Westeros book, right, and not that he's hoping to get both remaining Westeros books out this year.

If that happened we'd know he was using a ghostwriter.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    By "one or TWO books" I assume he means Winds of Winter and a non-Westeros book, right, and not that he's hoping to get both remaining Westeros books out this year
    The other is a Westeros book, but simply Fire and Blood...the Targaryen family history saga.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/game-of...rge-rr-martin/

I think two books this year is unlikely for him. I think he's prioritizing Winds of Winter, which should give it the best chance. And I somehow think that GoT's year off will push him to release it this year, with it being seemingly far along anyway.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-08-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Cersei was always going to be the last human antagonist left standing, at least on the show which did a lot more for her characterisation than the books ever bothered. The only way Baelish would have outlasted her was if he had been a descendant of House Reyne who had primarily put the Game of Thrones into play to destroy the Lannisters as revenge for Tywin wiping out his family. In which case, Cersei's demise would have been symbolic of his shortlived victory before his own death. That was my favourite fan theory that I really hoped would have been true but it wasn't. So if he were a non-Reyne, then *shrug* no biggie with Cersei outlasting him. It drives home the stark and bitter truth of this simple point

TV Cercei is too much whitewashed,but all the Lannisters are whitewashed in comparison to their book counterparts.Cercei's fate is to ruin her father's achievements,because she is stupid.It wouldn't be surprising if TV Euron ousmarting her.She believes she can play him,but she is too overcomfident for her own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    To tell the truth,after so many years,we have so many theories and scenarios and possible outcomes,that logic dictates that Martin's solution would be lackluster.Except,if he makes a surprise and gives a decent result to some of the plots.Still,i don't believe he would finish the saga.Winds of Winter is the semi-final book.Dreams of Spring will be truly a dream for book readers.
    i don't read the books, i mostly just read the comic adaptations. But even still, i understand how this plays out and work being a geek in several disgruntled fandoms like Resident Evil, DCEU, MCU, Aliens, etc...so i know how this plays out. Just look at LOST

The only way Baelish would have outlasted her was if he had been a descendant of House Reyne who had primarily put the Game of Thrones into play to destroy the Lannisters as revenge for Tywin wiping out his family. In which case, Cersei's demise would have been symbolic of his shortlived victory before his own death. That was my favourite fan theory that I really hoped would have been true but it wasn't.
    When did that theory start?