Page 54 of 555 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Season 5 begins next Sunday, the 12 of April.

And so Our Watch continues.

For book readers:
    spoilers:
    Does anyone think they are going to include the Catelyn Stark resurrection plot in the show?
    end of spoilers
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

From the article linked to upthread a little, it doesn't seem like it, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    From the article linked to upthread a little, it doesn't seem like it, no.
    Thanks
    Kinda makes me wonder why. Now I'm curious if anyone talks about this in any behind the scenes or interviews.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I feel that this is the season where HBO will(and should be)follow a different route from the books.The best scenario is the TV series having their own ending and the books their own,because the series altered the many small things that created a chain reaction that inevitably will lead into major changes in order for the plot to work.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I feel that this is the season where HBO will(and should be)follow a different route from the books.The best scenario is the TV series having their own ending and the books their own,because the series altered the many small things that created a chain reaction that inevitably will lead into major changes in order for the plot to work.
    It's already been confirmed that the endings will be the same. About a year ago the showrunners spent hours getting all the major plot points and the ending in private meetings with GRRM. They already said they are doing the same ending. Just some significant ways they get there will be different HBO paid for the rights to the books. Not some alternate ending. They want this to be the definitive adaptation of the stories.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    It's already been confirmed that the endings will be the same. About a year ago the showrunners spent hours getting all the major plot points and the ending in private meetings with GRRM. They already said they are doing the same ending. Just some significant ways they get there will be different HBO paid for the rights to the books. Not some alternate ending. They want this to be the definitive adaptation of the stories.
    That's bad.I feel that while we should thank TV series for bringing in the spotlight Martin's ASOIF saga,i think that HBO's has a very limited vision about the whole saga.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

That's bad.I feel that while we should thank TV series for bringing in the spotlight Martin's ASOIF saga,i think that HBO's has a very limited vision about the whole saga.
    I mean to be totally fair, a lot of this is on Martin for overestimating the pace he could finish his story. A Dance with Dragons was released a few months after the first season of the show aired. GRRM had literally 5-6 years to finish the last two of his books. And this is a guy that had the first three come out in 6 years. Also Martin sold them the writes. He knew the minute he signed on that he was on a timer.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    For book readers:
    spoilers:
    Does anyone think they are going to include the Catelyn Stark resurrection plot in the show?
    end of spoilers
    I guess I'll keep it in spoils for safety
    spoilers:
    I don't see why not, they lose a major storyline in Bran as he won't have much to do presumably so her stuff would help fill it in, plus you know it's what Brienne has to deal with next
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-04-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I guess I'll keep it in spoils for safety
    spoilers:
    I don't see why not, they lose a major storyline in Bran as he won't have much to do presumably so her stuff would help fill it in, plus you know it's what Brienne has to deal with next
    end of spoilers
    Yeah Brienne being as popular as she is, well I believe she is, this seems like something they would touch upon.

Who knows though.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Just remember that they know more about what will happen than we do. spoilers:
    Lady Stoneheart might end up amounting to nothing more than a poignant personal moment between her and one of her children.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-05-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I mean to be totally fair, a lot of this is on Martin for overestimating the pace he could finish his story. A Dance with Dragons was released a few months after the first season of the show aired. GRRM had literally 5-6 years to finish the last two of his books. And this is a guy that had the first three come out in 6 years. Also Martin sold them the writes. He knew the minute he signed on that he was on a timer.
    It's also worth mentioning that HBO severely pressured him to release ADWD in time for season 1 so the show had something to flock book readers to it. If HBO never did that, we could still be waiting for that book to come out.

It's blasphemous to say but some decisions HBO have made are actually better than the books, like combining Arianne into Ellaria for season 5 or simplifying the brotherhood in the riverlands and cutting out the Aegon subplot which will 90% likely turn out to be a fake in the books.

Just remember that they know more about what will happen than we do. spoilers:
    Lady Stoneheart might end up amounting to nothing more than a poignant personal moment between her and one of her children.
    end of spoilers
    If well scripted that could be nice.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fantastic Member

I highly doubt she will appear in the show. If they are going with the same ending as Martin will go with, that kind of sucks since it will take some of the suspense out of reading the remaining books.

BANNED

i guess the vid is no longer at the link

edit: doh, my bad, i somehow deactivated youtube with noscript so i thought the vid was deleted
    Last edited by 7thangel; 04-07-2015 at 12:20 PM.