Page 16 of 555 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Damn that was a good fight. You have to admit the hound and arya have hilarious timing.

BANNED

The dumbass shouldn't have removed the spear.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Well that went south quickly.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Well that went south quickly.
    I'm willing to bet that is what Tyrion was thinking. LOL!!!

Lets all give a round of applause to Sansa Stark for her performance and showing us she knows how to play the game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Lets all give a round of applause to Sansa Stark for her performance and showing us she knows how to play the game.
    The Lannisters and Littlefinger have taught her well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Sansa adapated and overcame

she gets my applause

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Yup. Arya has gone crackers.
    I prefer the term absolutely barking stars.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

spoilers:
    Jesus....

Okay, first...it was nice to see Sansa do something besides play the role of a simpering fool. Yes that was necessary to stay alive in King's Landing but it nevertheless irritated beyond measure. But the way she told the truth with just the lightest touch of twist was masterful.

The Mole's Town stuff was ridiculous and wasteful of screen time.

And in the whole chickens coming home to roost, Jorah getting found out and the ice cold way he was dismissed was powerful in its own right. Speaking of time in Mereen, I'm with Grey Worm, Missandei sans clothing was a sight to behold. Damn that is a finely put together woman.

As for Arya's reaction to learning of her aunt's death, I totally got it.

And after a goofy though well performed scene with Tyrion and Jaime, we get a fight choreographed by the WWE.

Seriously? After all that build up, the fight between the Mountain and Oberyn was like watching a wrestling match with extra dialogue thrown in.

If you ever watched a wrestling match, you see the two men squaring off. Then one gets the advantage, but acts too much like a strutting popinjay, and the one at the disadvantage turns the tables and turns the agony of defeat into the thrill of victory.

And that's what you got in the trial by combat. Instead of focusing on his job as champion for Tyrion, Oberyn rants and raves about the Mountain killing his sister and her children. He gets the advantage and strikes a blow that seems to incapacitate the Mountain. But instead of finishing the job and killing the Mountain, he rants and raves some more. Then out of nowhere (much like the comeback of every Hulk Hogan match ever!), the Mountain makes a surprise attack, knocking Oberyn to the floor of the combat arena, and then while proclaiming the very things Oberyn wanted him to admit to, he first crushed his eyeballs and then LITERALLY made his head burst open, killing the so called Red Viper.

While it gave Tywin the ability to sentence Tyrion to death, the result of the match was just because Oberyn was a freaking moron. He deserved to die for not killing the Mountain when he had the chance.

Speaking of the Mountain, how damn strong is this guy supposed to be anyway? I mean, the force required for someone to make a human skull explode with just their bare hands and brute force must be astronomical.

Even though Oberyn lost, which I'm guessing was preordained for the TV series because it must've happened in the books, the total cliché way in which the fight unfolded prevents me from really being happy with the staging of the battle.

A fool and his brains are soon parted it would seem.
    end of spoilers
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    spoilers:
    Jesus....

Okay, first...it was nice to see Sansa do something besides play the role of a simpering fool. Yes that was necessary to stay alive in King's Landing but it nevertheless irritated beyond measure. But the way she told the truth with just the lightest touch of twist was masterful.

And in the whole chickens coming home to roost, Jorah getting found out and the ice cold way he was dismissed was powerful in its own right. Speaking of time in Mereen, I'm with Grey Worm, Missandei sans clothing was a sight to behold. Damn that is a finely put together woman.

And after a goofy though well performed scene with Tyrion and Jaime, we get a fight choreographed by the WWE.

Seriously? After all that build up, the fight between the Mountain and Oberyn was like watching a wrestling match with extra dialogue thrown in.

If you ever watched a wrestling match, you see the two men squaring off. Then one gets the advantage, but acts too much like a strutting popinjay, and the one at the disadvantage turns the tables and turns the agony of defeat into the thrill of victory.

And that's what you got in the trial by combat. Instead of focusing on his job as champion for Tyrion, Oberyn rants and raves about the Mountain killing his sister and her children. He gets the advantage and strikes a blow that seems to incapacitate the Mountain. But instead of finishing the job and killing the Mountain, he rants and raves some more. Then out of nowhere (much like the comeback of every Hulk Hogan match ever!), the Mountain makes a surprise attack, knocking Oberyn to the floor of the combat arena, and then while proclaiming the very things Oberyn wanted him to admit to, he first crushed his eyeballs and then LITERALLY made his head burst open, killing the so called Red Viper.

While it gave Tywin the ability to sentence Tyrion to death, the result of the match was just because Oberyn was a freaking moron. He deserved to die for not killing the Mountain when he had the chance.

Speaking of the Mountain, how damn strong is this guy supposed to be anyway? I mean, the force required for someone to make a human skull explode with just their bare hands and brute force must be astronomical.

Even though Oberyn lost, which I'm guessing was preordained for the TV series because it must've happened in the books, the total cliché way in which the fight unfolded prevents me from really being happy with the staging of the battle.

end of spoilers
    Actually. Remember the Princess Bride? That was the vibe I got from the fight. The only difference was that Inigo at least was smart enough to make sure the guy he was intending to kill was in no way to defend himself and actually go for the kill. Also I found his death a little cartoony, even for a show like this.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Loved Tyrion's "moron" rant, but not thrilled about the end of the fight, at all. Haven't read the books yet, but still. Boo.

Also liked Sansa's twist. First time in ages a scene with her hasn't been painful to watch.

And Arya's snapped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    Loved Tyrion's "moron" rant, but not thrilled about the end of the fight, at all. Haven't read the books yet, but still. Boo.

Also liked Sansa's twist. First time in ages a scene with her hasn't been painful to watch.

And Arya's snapped.
    I thought Bron's duel in season one was better.

Yeah it's one of those rare moments I haven't felt uncomfortable watching a Sansa scene

Also...Arya has gone loco.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post

And Arya's snapped.
    I don't think Arya's snapped at all. She finds out that the aunt she never met has died and sees the irony in the Hound came all this way for a reward that probably isn't coming now. (she doesn't know Sansa is there).

In defense of Oberyn.

If you think you'd act rationally fighting against the guy that raped your beloved sister, slaughtered her and her kids, and has been on your kill list for decades, then you might be sociopathic. Or better yet, a liar.

That, plus the fact that he was always extremely arrogant, and his loss is perfectly understandable. A fatal error, but a very in character error. Plus, most people would have been done after getting slashed in the neck, ankles, and stabbed through the chest.

But as they say in Zombieland: ALWAYS DOUBLE TAP.

To those who think Arya has lost it....It's possible she went the cuckoo bird route due to finding out yet another relative died, but I think the actual reason she laughed was due to the sheer irony of Sandor spending all that time on taking her for ransom, and ultimately bringing her to a dead aunt who can't/won't pay (Although there's the possibility of Littlefinger, Robin, or Sansa paying Sandor, but Arya doesn't know that).

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    spoilers:
    Jesus....

end of spoilers

Completely agreed on Missandei. She's so well put-together, even a man without balls will sit and stare.

As for Oberyn, his focus was never truly to be Tyrion's champion. It was an opportunity for him to get what he craved, revenge for the death of his sister & niece/nephew. Granted, he should have at least severed Gregor's hands before the interrogation (Easy to say, in hindsight), but Oberyn was confident in his abilities. Hell, he took care of Gregor fairly well before leaving himself open like that.