Page 499 of 555 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

My intro to this show was a little boy forcing 2 women to beat each other to death. It's amazing to hear the writing got worse after that. Like what type of payoff can you expect from a show like that? You gotta know you're gonna be disappointed in the end. I could never get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Heartbreaking ending for Dany, yes I know she committed genocide (only 2 episodes after saving the North), but in her final scene with Jon we at least saw a glimpse that vulnerable girl from the very first season, she was delusional at the end, sad to see such an iconic character fall that way. Though I felt her death was a little ambiguous, a passing mention on Drogon's whereabouts from Bran was the last we heard of anything Dany-related. I actually thought Drogon would take her North of the Wall and come back as the Night Queen (a lot of plausible theories on this), or Drogon (going East) may have taken her to Asshai. If there was a character to be resurrected, she'd be the one. Unless it's ambiguous on purpose because GRRM probably hasn't quite nailed her fate in the books.

A lot of wasted material. I thought maybe Bran would warg back in time and try to influence events, Arya not switching faces, and Jon Snow going back to square one felt like an anti-climax, really thought he was destined for greatness. Biggest flop was the Night King. Daenerys' journey was a failure really at the end, but I suppose she got her justice against the Lannisters and broke the wheel.

I know a lot of people hate the idea of Bran being king, this doesn't bother me too much because finally we see a just council. (Though I'm not sure about Bronn as Master of Coin). Bran's probably one of the better options, Jon and Sansa were good candidates, but Jon doesn't seem to want anything, Sansa wants to be Queen of the North, Gendry's a little dopey (and a 3rd tier character)...and everyone else is dead. Keep in mind Bran's the first POV in the books, and GRRM is very protective of that character, he was always a big deal, it's just that the show underdeveloped him.
    I think the show intentionally left a lot of things open ended so that they MIGHT be able to return to it at a later date.

Yeah, Dany maybe can somehow someway be resurrected. There's the potential Night King route, but we also know the Lord of Light can resurrect people when there's a need.

And they can TOTALLY say down the line Bran was manipulating events to turn out a certain way.

And Jon can STILL be destined for greatness. He might be where he needs to be for whatever reason. Maybe there's a reason Jon needs to rebuild the Night Watch up in the North.

If the show returns, I think they left enough lose ends to work with.

What a disappointing final then again the last 2 Seasons were disappointing don't know which characters were more butchered for me was Dany and Jon still not sure what to make of that ending.

I personally thought this was by far the best episode Game of Thrones has put out since Season 4. It took its time, explored characters and motivations properly and everything happened plausibly based out of those motivations. There were no big military battles for the writers to display their lack of research on tactics.

Jon Snow got a fitting end for his actions, and is where he's happiest anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I personally thought this was by far the best episode Game of Thrones has put out since Season 4. It took its time, explored characters and motivations properly and everything happened plausibly based out of those motivations. There were no big military battles for the writers to display their lack of research on tactics.

Jon Snow got a fitting end for his actions, and is where he's happiest anyway.
    It had some classic GoT elements

but it also had some of the worst "new" GoT elements

which is what makes the last season ish kinda bitter. You can still see great moments in all these episodes. That first tyrion/jon conversation for instance was gold.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It had some classic GoT elements

but it also had some of the worst "new" GoT elements

which is what makes the last season ish kinda bitter. You can still see great moments in all these episodes. That first tyrion/jon conversation for instance was gold.
    Uncle Edmure Tully getting shut down by Sansa was classic GoT. But it also reminded me of a better time.

I originally thought this season could be fine with 6 episodes (several of which were extended in length) but I take that back now that its done. It needed a full 10. It was just too rushed

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Uncle Edmure Tully getting shut down by Sansa was classic GoT. But it also reminded me of a better time.
    also works better if you don't try to think of any "what happens next" stuff at all

Just smile and go "yay happy ending to westeros!" lol

because in reality, Dorne secedes, Iron Islands secedes, drogon is out there burning and killing as he see fits (dudes gotta eat lol), Unsullied all die on Naarth or whatever, Dothraki back to pillaging, all the work dany did in essos will be undone once tey realize she is dead, the "game of thrones" is gonna get intense between whoever is left, ect

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

That ending...woof.

There is a lot to unpack there.
    I wrote blog focusing on Daenerys and her heel turn: https://talkingtothevoid.blogspot.co...rage-quit.html

To sum up: they did Dany dirty.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    also works better if you don't try to think of any "what happens next" stuff at all

Just smile and go "yay happy ending to westeros!" lol

because in reality, Dorne secedes, Iron Islands secedes, drogon is out there burning and killing as he see fits (dudes gotta eat lol), Unsullied all die on Naarth or whatever, Dothraki back to pillaging, all the work dany did in essos will be undone once tey realize she is dead, the "game of thrones" is gonna get intense between whoever is left, ect
    All true... Arya and Jon were the only ones with the sense to get the hell out.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So...
    Who do we think actually got a satisfying story?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    All true... Arya and Jon were the only ones with the sense to get the hell out.
    Arya doens't know how to sail, gets lost at sea, dies lol

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So...
    Jon seemed happy at the end. About as happy as he was gonna be I guess losing both his lovers. So, Bittersweet.

Sam came out like roses considering... he should be at the nightwatch right now sense it still exists lol

Tryion's actually fits bittersweet... bitter than his brother is dead and dany had to die... sweet as in he basiclaly owns casterly rock now and is hand to the king again.

Sansa
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-20-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Heartbreaking ending for Dany, yes I know she committed genocide
    No she didn't.

A massacre, yes. A slaughter, indeed. A genocide, no.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So...
    Jon got pretty much the best end he could have possibly gotten. As someone who stan’d for R+L=J there was never a scenario where Jon took the throne where he wasn’t completely miserable and forced into it. It’s not his style and in the books he never wanted to rule. He loved his time with the Wildlings and bonding with his brothers in the NW. That’s his happy ending. Him being Rheagar’s son was all about the prophecy of him being a hero. I know people wanted it but it was so anthesis to his character.

Also Dany being the threat was something I saw coming miles away. Even in the first book/season she had really weird detached moments of self importance and megalomania. And the prophecies about her were all about death and destruction and betrayal. The way it happened paid off the Azor Ahai prophecy in a way most fans didn’t see coming.

Sansa in the North is another good ending. As is Arya. They both grew up into what they wanted. I also loved Brienne writing Jamie’s Kingsguard passage.

The only thing I didn’t care much for was the whole resolution in the South. I knew Bran was going to get something big. He was the first major POV and he was a living god. His character was just always boring and the South and what happened to all those dickheads squabbling over that throne was never really the true message to me. I get it. After years they needed to have a ruler and couldn’t copout and it obviously wasn’t going to be the two Targs. But it just never interested me and my least favorite POV got it. I guess I can be happy that they all were pushed in the same box.

But overall the people I was invested in got the endings I preferred