Page 383 of 555 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Dany only helping out if the North “bends the knee” first is the problem, from my perspective, instead of uniting for the greater good.

Apparently, she’d have been fine watching the North get destroyed and then try to deal with the White Walker issue herself.

And isn’t that what Cersei is doing?
    It's absolutely NOT what Cersi is doing. She showed up to help, at the risk of her own life, even before Jon agreed to bend the knee. Dany unlike Cersi actually does give a dam about the greater good, and unlike Cersi was willing to put aside her own agenda for the sake of it.

THat's why one is in Winterfell, while the other is at Kings Landing. If Dany was like Cersi, she'd be on the Iron throne as we speak and Cersi would be in the inside of a pine box.

Amazing Member

It doesn’t matter that they love each other , He is a male targ heir he comes Before her even if she marries him people would defer to him first and prefer him because he is male and Rager son she’s only His aunt so he is still a threat to her throne that she has been fighting for all her life . She almost had the seven kingdoms and along comes someone else whith a better claim and has now bounded whith Regal.

She should be mad ,she Has suffered and bled to get her throne and may lose it to her nephew. Even if he gives up his claim he is still a threat and nothing can change that.
    Last edited by Rc1ca; 04-24-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Rc1ca View Post
    It doesn’t matter that they love each other , He is a male targ heir he comes Before her even if she marries him people would defer to him first and prefer him because he is male and Rager son she’s only His aunt so he is still a threat to her throne that she has been fighting for all her life . She almost had the seven kingdoms and along comes someone else whith a better claim and has now bounded whith Regal.

She should be mad ,she Has suffered and bled to get her throne and may lose it to her nephew. Even if he gives up his claim he is still a threat and nothing can change that.
    Yuuuuuuuuup

she didn't care she had a living family member, or that she'd shagged her nephew, she cared about his claim and is willing to kill him (or let him die) to keep her claim

I have a feeling Arya, Brianne, Jorah and maybe the Hound are gonna meet their beautiful end. They all kind of got a great send off after everything that happened last episode. Maybe not so much the Hound but the rest can die on a good note.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Yuuuuuuuuup

she didn't care she had a living family member, or that she'd shagged her nephew, she cared about his claim and is willing to kill him (or let him die) to keep her claim
    How do you know that she is willing to kill him?

I haven't seen any signs of that.

Perceptions are relative though.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    How do you know that she is willing to kill him?

I haven't seen any signs of that.

Perceptions are relative though.
    I think it's premature to assume she's willing to kill Jon at this point. One shocked look doesn't necessarily mean she's gonna off him to keep the throne. We'll probably get a better idea of where she stands in the upcoming episodes.

I don't think she'll do it though. Firstly because I genuinely believe she loves him. And secondly, that gurantees a war with the north. Right now, if Jon is a man of his word (and we there's no reason to assume he's not), he has already sworn loyalty to her. So even if she doesn't love him and even if she in theory woud want to kill it, it wouldn't be until after she already got Jon and the Norths help in beating Cersi.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Nothing good will happen in Westeros until they get over this childish obsession with knee-bending. Straight knees is what this society needs, just like every society.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's premature to assume she's willing to kill Jon at this point. One shocked look doesn't necessarily mean she's gonna off him to keep the throne. We'll probably get a better idea of where she stands in the upcoming episodes.

I don't think she'll do it though. Firstly because I genuinely believe she loves him. And secondly, that gurantees a war with the north. Right now, if Jon is a man of his word (and we there's no reason to assume he's not), he has already sworn loyalty to her. So even if she doesn't love him and even if she in theory woud want to kill it, it wouldn't be until after she already got Jon and the Norths help in beating Cersi.
    She doesn't need to kill him. But she also doesn't need to save him. With a huge battle coming, I wouldn't be the least big surprised if she is given an opportunity to just let Jon die and secure her position. Whether she takes that chance, hesitates before doing the right thing (possibly too long, letting awful things happen in the meantime), or just saves him (which would potentially prove Sam wrong about her motives) is the question the show wants to answer.

Will Dany be more like Cersei or more like Jon? It's no coincidence that we're left with these three examples. It's two extremes and one swing in the middle. Dany will never be as bad as Cersei (barring madness, obv). She'll never be as purely ethical as Jon. Whichever she takes after more will ultimately decide her fate.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Nothing good will happen in Westeros until they get over this childish obsession with knee-bending. Straight knees is what this society needs, just like every society.
    knees are meant to be bent

So is that rumored Long Night prequel show officially DOA? I heard HBO just formally passed on it ...

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Call me crazy... but I don't see Dany as the bad guy here. I think she's a good person, but sometimes in war you have to be tough. She was also raised to think she deserves the Iron throne. But I truly believe Jon has had a big impact in her. And she respects him. This aspect will be important. I can't see her giving him her back. We'll see.
    Stannis was a just man and honorable,but being always sidelined and being second fiddle to his brothers created the seed that would made him an unyielding and harsh claimant to the throne.Also, by law, he was the rightful heir(like Danny thought for so many years) and look how the obssesion about rights led him. Danny has good intentions,but she is flawed and if she doesn't put her flaws in check, she could self-destroyed like Stannis.
    Last edited by Master Planner; 04-25-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I have a feeling Arya, Brianne, Jorah and maybe the Hound are gonna meet their beautiful end. They all kind of got a great send off after everything that happened last episode. Maybe not so much the Hound but the rest can die on a good note.
    I think Arya could survive and wind up being pregnant with a Baratheon...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I think Arya could survive and wind up being pregnant with a Baratheon...
    I hope she will survive. For the moment we can only hope. But as always in GOT, we can expect some unexpected deaths! Brienne having been named Ser Knight is an ominous sign for me. Her destiny seems fulfilled. Theon could find redemption in death just as Jaime. I believe Grey Worm and Missandei will never see the beaches of Nath together. Berric, Edd... All these characters could die even the little Mormont lady!
    But we could be surprised too and have much more survivors than expected.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I hope she will survive. For the moment we can only hope. But as always in GOT, we can expect some unexpected deaths! Brienne having been named Ser Knight is an ominous sign for me. Her destiny seems fulfilled. Theon could find redemption in death just as Jaime. I believe Grey Worm and Missandei will never see the beaches of Nath together. Berric, Edd... All these characters could die even the little Mormont lady!
    But we could be surprised too and have much more survivors than expected.
    My bets, Brianne,Grey Worm,Missandei, Davos and probably Beric are toasted. Jorah is 50-50. Theon dieing defending Winterfell would be a proper ending for him, but i want to see him playing a role in Euron's demise.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So is that rumored Long Night prequel show officially DOA? I heard HBO just formally passed on it ...
    It’s not a great idea anyways. The current story is basically this generations Long Night.

The Targaryen Conquest would be so much better. You still get the major houses but you get tons of sick battles and family lineage.