Page 377 of 555 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, anyone else notice a severe lack of undead dragon at the end?

I'm thinking things are about to get MUCH colder in the south.
    Remember Bran's vision in Season 4. The shadow of a dragon above King's Landing. Everyone then speculated that it symbolised Danny's arrival. Guess it could be a sign of Night's King riding the dragon and makes a new, undead army from south.

Being a fan of team Dragonstone, i really felt sad for Davos after seeing that scarred girl. Memories of Shireen...
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

My bet: Theon, Grey Worm and Ser Davos all dead by the end of next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    My bet: Theon, Grey Worm and Ser Davos all dead by the end of next episode.
    If Davos dies, then we riot!

I can see Davos dieing protecting that scarred child, as a way to redeem himself from not protecting Shireen from Melissandre.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I can see Davos dieing protecting that scarred child, as a way to redeem himself from not protecting Shireen from Melissandre.
    I'm assuming that Melissandre is coming back in the next episode, so I wouldn't be shocked if both of them ending up dying together somehow helping Jon Snow.

Now than Jon and Dani are basically together, they don't necessily need half a dozen advisors helping them out. That can be thinned out a little. And Davos is probably less useful for the laster stages of the story against Cersi than say Varys or Tyrion.

Seriously. Who will teach the children of the Noble Houses if Ser Davos goes down?

The Living keep Winterfell. The Dead take King's Landing. Wildfire ends everything.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I reject the idea that characters only need to be there who further the plot. Characters > Plot any day, as Game of Thrones has always been at its best when focused on character and not just big plot. Davos may not be a pivotal character within the central plot, but he's still a very interesting character. As is Jorah, Samwell, Tormund, etc.

This episode was a too light on Dany. The more Khalessi the better, yo. Emilia Clarke commands every scene she's in.

I liked seeing Jon reunite with his friends, and remember the fallen. I wish that lasted a tiny bit longer. I wish they'd give some scenes longer time to breathe. We're at the end, who cares about runtime! The scene with Jaime and Bran cut away way too fast to actually sell the emotion. Jaime is such an emotive dude, just hold on a few seconds longer and that scene would have been so powerful. It makes it feel too choppy.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-22-2019 at 10:57 AM.

I have to handed to them. I hate TV Brianne,but damn, Jaime making her a knight was a great closure to her arc. Also,it's funny that i waited for Jon-Arya reunion and it was rushed, while Sansa-Theon was probably the one i felt was well handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I reject the idea that characters only need to be there who further the plot. Characters > Plot any day, as Game of Thrones has always been at its best when focused on character and not just big plot. Davos may not be a pivotal character within the central plot, but he's still a very interesting character. As is Jorah, Samwell, Tormund, etc.

This episode was a too light on Dany. The more Khalessi the better, yo. Emilia Clarke commands every scene she's in.

I liked seeing Jon reunite with his friends, and remember the fallen. I wish that lasted a tiny bit longer. I wish they'd give some scenes longer time to breathe. We're at the end, who cares about runtime! The scene with Jaime and Bran cut away way too fast to actually sell the emotion. Jaime is such an emotive dude, just hold on a few seconds longer and that scene would have been so powerful. It makes it feel too choppy.
    Perhaps I'm just being overly pessemistic, but I just think a LOT of characters are gonna die in the next episode. Even a lot of interesting ones. But we'll see. Maybe things wil go better than we think.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Perhaps I'm just being overly pessemistic, but I just think a LOT of characters are gonna die in the next episode. Even a lot of interesting ones. But we'll see. Maybe things wil go better than we think.
    Nah I mean I think you're right.

I suspect Theon will have his dramatic moment, but I've felt like that was coming for ages now. Now with him taking a red eye flight to Winterfell from LAX, and reuniting with Sansa/swearing his sword to the Stark family, its his moment in the sun. That dude is a survivor though, so maybe I'm wrong.

I'd say Jaime makes it, Tyrion makes it, the Hound, Arya, Jon and Dany, Ser Jorah (another survivor).

Ser Beric Dondarrion may find his reason for being out in that field, but hopefully Robin Hood keeps on keeping. I'd like there to be more to the story of the White Walkers than just chopping off the Night King's head and calling it a day. Beric and Jon have that connection, the Lord of Light. Maybe the Red Witch returns? If she's smart she's more than half way back to Braavos... I hope Bran isn't as boring as I worry he'll turn out to be.

Does Meera come with reinforcements and her sketchy dad?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-22-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Nah I mean I think you're right.

I suspect Theon will have his dramatic moment, but I've felt like that was coming for ages now. Now with him taking a red eye flight to Winterfell from LAX, and reuniting with Sansa/swearing his sword to the Stark family, its his moment in the sun. That dude is a survivor though, so maybe I'm wrong.

I'd say Jaime makes it, Tyrion makes it, the Hound, Arya, Jon and Dany, Ser Jorah (another survivor).

Ser Beric Dondarrion may find his reason for being out in that field, but hopefully Robin Hood keeps on keeping. I'd like there to be more to the story of the White Walkers than just chopping off the Night King's head and calling it a day. Beric and Jon have that connection, the Lord of Light. Maybe the Red Witch returns? If she's smart she's more than half way back to Braavos... I hope Bran isn't as boring as I worry he'll turn out to be.

Does Meera come with reinforcements and her sketchy dad?
    Yeah, Theon almost scream for a heroic sacrifical death. Not that he hasn't to SOME degree made up for his mistakes by saving Sansa and his sister back in the day... but pairing him with Bran basically is putting him in the line of fire for the Night King. I'm not sure ANYONE apart from Jon Snow would necessarily survive that. But we'll see.

And I definately think we'll see the Red Witch in the next episode. She seems set up to likewise sacrifice herself to help the Starks, in part helping to make up for some of her past mistakes.

Seeing Meera again would be interesting, especially if something big happens with Bran. I sort of assumed anyone in the north not at Winterfell now are basically with the Walkers already, but it would be cool to see her again.

I hope Bran isn't as boring as I worry he'll turn out to be.
    Current theory is The Mad King is mad not because of Targaryen genetics, but Bran's final psychic commands.

"Burn it all" means the Winterfell Godswood, and also the order to plant wildfire under the entire city of King's Landing.

Last edited by CRaymond; 04-22-2019 at 12:06 PM.

You can gauge danger levels to the side characters based on whether or not their personal plot lines are pretty much done:

Jamie - absolutely safe because there is his final confrontation with Cersei pending.

The Hound - absolutely safe because we still have to his final battle with his brother.

Davos - not safe at all, especially with the introduction of the girl who is similar to Shireen. As someone else said, wouldn't surprise me to see him die protecting her.

Ser Jorah - not safe at all. He had his moment with Danerys this last episode that felt like a goodbye, he got a brief moment with Lyanna Mormont which fulfills his arc with his own house, and he got a nice sword.

Brienne - not safe at all. She became a knight which fulfills her personal arc and for all the shipping that goes on between her and Jamie or Tormund neither is actually likely to happen.

Grey Worm / Melisandre - making plans for the future is the death knell on TV. Not safe.

Theon - not safe. Might not die next episode but will die to redeem himself as it will fill his personal arc.

Absolutely safe for next episode - the main characters like Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Cersei, Arya, Sansa, etc. Some probably will die before the show is over but not with three episodes remaining after the next.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 04-22-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    You can gauge danger levels to the side characters based on whether or not their personal plot lines are pretty much done:

Jamie - absolutely safe because there is his final confrontation with Cersei pending.

The Hound - absolutely safe because we still have to his final battle with his brother.

Davos - not safe at all, especially with the introduction of the girl who is similar to Shireen. As someone else said, wouldn't surprise me to see him die protecting her.

Ser Jorah - not safe at all. He had his moment with Danerys this last episode that felt like a goodbye, he got a brief moment with Lyanna Mormont which fulfills his arc with his own house, and he got a nice sword.

Brienne - not safe at all. She became a knight which fulfills her personal arc and for all the shipping that goes on between her and Jamie or Tormund neither is actually likely to happen.

Grey Worm / Melisandre - making plans for the future is the death knell on TV. Not safe.

Theon - not safe. Might not die next episode but will die to redeem himself as it will fill his personal arc.

Absolutely safe for next episode - the main characters like Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Cersei, Arya, Sansa, etc. Some probably will die before the show is over but not with three episodes remaining after the next.
    I think Melisandre will survive, just to there's someone to mourn Grey Worms death. I'll assume the people who found shelter underground will be safe, and the deaths will largely be the ones fighting on the field.

Ultimate Member

Most of the characters are toss-ups. I don't think that Arya or Sansa will die, but I admit to not being 100% sure on that. I also think that The Hound will survive given that they already teased the Celganebowl so much. Jamie and Tyrion will probably be safe given that there's still stuff to wrap up with Cersei. And I could maybe see Tormund surviving just because the writer's seem to like him (same with Bronn later on). Also I have a hunch that Sam might make it as well.

But others (Missandei, Jorah, Greyworm, Lyanna, Gendry, Bran/Three Eyed Raven, Varys, Theon, Brienne, etc) yeah I could see them all going potentially.

I kind of think that if either Greyworm or Missandei die, that the other will survive, just to do the "mourning" thing though.