Page 470 of 555 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

So in the event that Jon or Arya kills Mad Queen Dany...

How do they even pull such a kill off successfully? There is Drogon to deal with for one, who would surely be pissed. But in the preview clip for next week we appear to see thousands of Dothraki and Unsullied still alive. How would Jon deal with them? More intense slaughter? I doubt they'd listen to a simple "Go home, nobody wants you here."

This quandary makes me fear Dany will survive to rule Westeros, and the show will end on a cliffhanger of Robert's Rebellion 2.0 about to explode.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post

How do they even pull such a kill off successfully? There is Drogon to deal with for one, who would surely be pissed. But in the preview clip for next week we appear to see thousands of Dothraki and Unsullied still alive. How would Jon deal with them? More intense slaughter? I doubt they'd listen to a simple "Go home, nobody wants you here."

This quandary makes me fear Dany will survive to rule Westeros, and the show will end on a cliffhanger of Robert's Rebellion 2.0 about to explode.
    Lots to do in one episode lol

I'd be fine with Dany ruling in the end. Fits the bittersweet enough. Dany left ruling a kingdom with no friends, no real allies... rules purely by fear (with no succession plan)

Jon could renounce his claim similar ot Maester Aemon, take the black, hang out with wildings and Ghost. Not a bad ending for him lol. Better than hanging around creepy bran lol

But yeah, all the "dany is killed" thing leaves a lot of angry unsullied and angry dothraki and an angry dragon roaming around... I don't know how you wrap that up. they wouldn't listen to anyone but Dany. Not like they give a **** if Jon is the true king or whatever.

I am honestly expecting some sort of twist in the end in regards to the WW/Others/NK/Children of the Forrest.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Lots to do in one episode lol

I'd be fine with Dany ruling in the end. Fits the bittersweet enough. Dany left ruling a kingdom with no friends, no real allies... rules purely by fear (with no succession plan)

Jon could renounce his claim similar ot Maester Aemon, take the black, hang out with wildings and Ghost. Not a bad ending for him lol. Better than hanging around creepy bran lol

But yeah, all the "dany is killed" thing leaves a lot of angry unsullied and angry dothraki and an angry dragon roaming around... I don't know how you wrap that up. they wouldn't listen to anyone but Dany. Not like they give a **** if Jon is the true king or whatever.

I am honestly expecting some sort of twist in the end in regards to the WW/Others/NK/Children of the Forrest.
    I wouldn't call that bittersweet, having a genocidal maniac on (what's left of) the throne. Its almost as bad as the Night's King if he ended up winning. Only with fire breathing dragons instead of necromantic ice demons.

Dany still probably has the most powerful military unit on the planet, so head to head Jon has no chance of beating them.

But if they get creative, they may actually be able to pull it off since the Starks are actually a pretty formitable group when they put their minds to it. Bran warging into the dragon can not only negate him but even make him a short term asset. Arya can probably pull off a descent enough Dany impression to fool her forces into leaving at least long enough to get them the heck out of dodge. Might not be a long term sollution, but it can resolve the immediate problem. Without Dany I doubt her forces would even care enough to go back up north long term. Or a warged Dragon can just kill them. That works too.

But the easiest thing would be if Jon can just convince Dany to leave. Hard given how much she sacrificed to get what she achieved, but not impossible since I honestly believe deep down she would prefer simply ruling down south where they actually like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Emilia knew!
    lol oh boy
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Emilia knew!
    Well, there you go. Best season ever. We have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I wouldn't call that bittersweet, having a genocidal maniac on (what's left of) the throne. Its almost as bad as the Night's King if he ended up winning. Only with fire breathing dragons instead of necromantic ice demons.
    Yeah. I like Dany and all, but likely murdering hundreds if not thousands of innocent women and children I'd simply find that ending bitter. I'd almost be more hopeful for Westeros if Cersi was in charge, because she can at least be overthrown for someone better.

I don't think it matters how big the army size is. The show just makes the army numbers go up or down depending on what they want.

I feel like Jon or Arya might take out Dany secretly, but before they do everyone will find out Jon is the rightful heir, so he becomes king even though he doesn't want to. I think they wrote themselves into a corner and this is the only way out.

I think maybe Dany is also going to try to get Drogon to kill Jon, but it won't.

Either that or they add some b.s. about the dothraki and unsullied only interested in who actually has the rightful claim and therefor side with Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    a. that isn't genocide.

b. if you bend the knee, she is fine with you. She is a ruthless, possibly mad, but if you submit, she is cool with it.

That isn't the same as the ice king at all. well, I don't think, since we never found out what he wanted lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah. I like Dany and all, but likely murdering hundreds if not thousands of innocent women and children I'd simply find that ending bitter.
    Since when is killing (a lot of) people a problem in that show?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Since when is killing (a lot of) people a problem in that show?
    It's not a problem generally speaking.

But if you're looking for an ending that even halfway qualifies as "sweet" then having the person personally responsible for murdering perhaps thousands of innocent women and children winning in the end would be counter intuitive to that.

a. that isn't genocide.

b. if you bend the knee, she is fine with you. She is a ruthless, possibly mad, but if you submit, she is cool with it.

That isn't the same as the ice king at all. well, I don't think, since we never found out what he wanted lol
    The problem is that ringing the bell meant they were surrendering. It's as close to bending the knee as you're going to get in that particular situation. So submission wasn't enough by this point. She just wanted them dead.

a. that isn't genocide.

I must have missed the part where all of those people living and hiding in King's Landing were asked to bend the knee.

Or when the army that surrendered was given the chance to do so.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

a. that isn't genocide.

It wasn't genocide, just mass murder.

The city did submit to her. She started burning babies while the surrender bells were ringing in her ears.

She's not the same as the NK, but she would/will be a worse tyrant than Cersei. Cersei didn't have the love of the people, but she didn't particularly care. Dany I'm afraid has become a full-on narcissistic psychopath. She's fine with the people as long as they indulge her fantasy of being a revered Messiah figure, their beloved Mhysa. But if they don't, they are an affront to her and must be made to go away through fire. Submission isn't good enough. She demands love.

She's not gibbering and delusional like her father, but she's just as crazy in her own way. And more dangerous.

I must have missed the part where all of those people living and hiding in King's Landing were asked to bend the knee.

Or when the army that surrendered was given the chance to do so.
    Didn't she have a converstaoi with someone (I think tyrion) on why the common folk didn't turn on cersei and welcome her?

I am not saying she didn't snap this episode. But we don't know if that snap is permanent or temporary. By and large, before this incident, if you submitted, she let you live.

She's not gibbering and delusional like her father, but she's just as crazy in her own way. And more dangerous.
    eh, technically we don't know that. It may have been a momentary snap of crazy. We won't know til the next episode if she keeps wanting to burn everything down

Thought his was great from "The Ringer" website

Still, you raise an important point. Armies in Westeros (and elsewhere in the known world) are, by and large, armed gangs. The foot soldiers are often largely made up of peasants, gang-pressed by their lords into service for little-to-no pay and sent to die many miles from home. The liberty to sack a city or a village is essentially how these armies are paid. In this preindustrial society, commoners produced the food, textiles, and other items necessary for war, in addition to providing the levies that made up the infantry. Therefore, attacks on civilians were, by and large, considered fair game. In this world, war crimes—murder of civilians, the burning of villages, mass theft, rape—are endemic and acknowledged, occasionally with regret, as the cost of battle. The difference with Dany—aside from the massive scale of the dragon-fueled destruction—is that the carnage happened on camera, unlike events from the history of Westeros or those that happened largely out of our sight.

For instance, Tywin Lannister infamously allowed his troops to sack King’s Landing at the end of Robert’s Rebellion. In the books, Jorah, in the speech that includes the famous “there is a savage beast in every man” line, tells Dany:

Babes were butchered that day as well, and old men, and children at play. More women were raped than you can count.

But we should not limit these acts to characters we consider “villains.”

Robb Stark was a brilliant and honorable battle commander. Yet in the books, after his victory at the Battle of Oxcross in the Westerlands, he ordered his troops to pay “the Lannisters back in kind for the devastation they’d inflicted on the Riverlands.” This is Robb’s answer to Ser Gregor the Mountain Clegane’s activities, which included the murder and torture of civilians and the burning of villages and fields. And, in the show, it is the forces of Roose Bolton, Robb’s bannerman at the time, who nearly rape Brienne.

This is in no way an excuse for Dany’s actions. The mass murder and abuse of civilians, which she sparked by ordering Drogon to engage after the city bells had been rung, was horrendous. However, we must also acknowledge that warfare in the world of Game of Thrones leaves no one’s hands clean, even our most heroic characters. As the Hound said to Sansa in Season 2, “Stannis is a killer. The Lannisters are killers. Your father was a killer. Your brother is a killer. Your sons will be killers someday. The world is built by killers. So you’d better get used to looking at them.”