Page 491 of 555 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    So is Bran's idea to basically do the exact opposite of what his Hand advises? Because otherwise this is all going to go badly as no one who gave Tyrion a position of leadership came out alive.
    Bran knows he'll be OK. He's read the spoilers.

And it will do Tyrion a lot of good to question his own judgment more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    So is Bran's idea to basically do the exact opposite of what his Hand advises? Because otherwise this is all going to go badly as no one who gave Tyrion a position of leadership came out alive. But have to love that he is totally left out of the histories.
    One could chalk it up to a maester hoping to ingratiate himself with the King (a Stark) by downplaying and in Tyrion's case eliminating any prominent role played by the Stark enemies, the Lannisters.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Thing about Jon getting nothing for his deeds...its rather what he wanted. He didn't want any of the titles he was getting in the first place. Doing what he feels is right, succeeding and at the end of the day getting to go about his devices in peace, away from the Game, away from all the politics, sounds right up his alley. In fact as I said before, I'm surprised how non-depressing this was. I mean, there was Dany's fate, obviously the most bitter pill to swallow. But also really the only bitter pill to swallow.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Like Jaime before him, Jon will have to live with a bruised honor for breaking his vow to serve his queen. He did the right thing, but it’s not something he’ll be proud of and he’ll likely have an untrustworthy reputation going forward. Not with the likes of Tormund or Sansa but in general.

Why didn't they make Brienne master of war? She was right there.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    She’s a knight, not a general. Head of kingsguard is more fitting for her.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-19-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Well....that was surprisingly less bitter that i was expecting, especially for Jon.

Overall, although the ending isn't anything especial, i don't think that is deserving of all the hate that i had been seeing.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Jon should have lied and just say Dany flew off with that dragon somewhere. I would have.
    He's never been able to lie about things before, why would he have started then?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Like Jaime before him, Jon will have to live with a bruised honor for breaking his vow to serve his queen. He did the right thing, but it’s not something he’ll be proud of and he’ll likely have an untrustworthy reputation going forward. Not with the likes of Tormund or Sansa but in general.
    Don’t think that’ll matter north of the wall. He’s one of the free folk now.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    She’s the leader of the kingsguard.

Robin Arryn: Male of the Vale 2019
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    So everyone has to bow the knee to Bran but she's somehow special? No. Sorry Sansa. You just wanted to rule, even if it was only Winterfell.
    It's not really out of character. She's made no secret about not wanting the North to be anything but a free country this season.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    It's not really out of character. She's made no secret about not wanting the North to be anything but a free country this season.
    Not out of character for her to push for it. But considering that everyone else agreed, it was out of charcter for none of them to object that the North needs to be at least nominally under the same rule as the South.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don't think many people will hold it against him. Remember, Jaime killed Aerys before he actually burned King's Landing and murdered tens of thousands of people. Dany's only real supporters after that were the Unsullied, the Dothraki, and Yara the Pirate Queen. The Unsullied conveniently headed home, and... took the Dothraki with them? The Unsullied were super loyal to Daenerys, but they are disciplined. The Dothraki would have gone berserk and done everything possible to kill Jon. Which is especially threatening since apparently Dothraki re-spawn when they're killed. Didn't we see about 150% of them die over the course of this series?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t understand why Grey worm would’ve kept Jon alive after he killed Dany though. Jon shoulda been worm food long before word even left King’s Landing that the queen was dead.

Edit: and what happened to the Dothraki? They just kinda vanished after Dany’s Celebration march in the beginning.

In five year's time when HBO pushes for an Arya Stark spinoff series, I'm there.

But seriously, the one thing that confused me was Jon's ending. He was sent to re-establish the Night's Watch, but it seemed like he went to live with the Wildlings. Is that true? And if so, doesn't that violate the agreement? I mean if he's off with the Wildlings, he may not hold any lands or titles but he can certainly have a family. Who's going to check up on him to see if he's abiding by the rules?

As Tormund said, he has the true North in him, it would seem.