Page 444 of 555 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Amazing Member

Disappointing, cool fire but disappointed in the golden company and there is no coming back from this for Dany , they surrender and she burnt the city any ways I hope Arya is the one who kills her or Jon she deserves it . Death to the only tyrant left

I expect few will be pleased with how things turned out for Jaime. I know my brother is pissed, but I’m ok with it. Not all redemption stories have to be successful. And sometimes it’s just as compelling to see characters fall prey to their faults despite their best efforts.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Arya just added someone to her list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Arya just added someone to her list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rc1ca View Post
    Disappointing, cool fire but disappointed in the golden company and there is no coming back from this for Dany , they surrender and she burnt the city any ways I hope Arya is the one who kills her or Jon she deserves it . Death to the only tyrant left
    Arya is going to try to kill the mad queen and fail. Then Daenerys will try to have Arya executed, only for Jon to stab her in the back just like what Jaime did to her father..

Extraordinary Member

Dany’s the final villain. Interesting. Not many shows would take one of their two heroes and heel turn them.

Fantastic Member

Wow, I spent the better part of this episode feeling very disturbed. That was horrifying. I thought Cleganebowl was great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I guess we got the “bad ending” this time, to put it in video game nomenclature.

How truly heartbreaking.
    Lol, i have to agreed with you.

Strangely enough, i did enjoy the episode mostly because i saw the downfall coming since the second half of the last episode and it was kind of fun to wacth the disaster unfold. But yeah, can't really blame the fans for being dissapointed

For another side, i got my Clegane vs Clegane fight, i have been waiting for it since season 1, so i have my personal consolation
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

The writing on this was sinister. I'm sorry. To just completely toss away literal YEARS of character development for Jaimie. What was the point? Now Tyrion another bad decision he gave up Varys who was absolutely right. He freed Jaimie to "save innocents" and them hoes fried anyway. Now Dany will want his ass roasted for letting Jaimie go.

Cersei got off way too easy. And Euron's death should have gone to Greyworm or even let Jon get a 1v1.

Dany was completely ruined as a character too but at least hers made sense with all she had lost after a lifetime of scraping and clawing to get the iron Throne. This is what she wanted to do from the time she got here but she stopped to screw her nephew, and kept getting talked off the ledge till she lost 2 kids and her bestie.

You know how Deadpool is "insane" because he knows he's a comic book character?

I've decided my personal head-canon is Dany went insane because she subconsciously realized the show-runners turned against her and she didn't understand why.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Great direction and spectacle. That's exactly what it should feel like when a dragon decides to burn down a city. But they just can't manage to pull off the crux of the entire episode, which is that Dany goes back on her word and kills countless innocent people in order to ensure Cersei's demise. There is no real reason why after destroying Euron's fleet and having the Lannister's surrender and the bells ring, that she has to burn the entire thing down. There's no further provocation, there's no kind of emotional breaking point. She starts the episode broken and betrayed but she remains cool-headed enough to promise Tyrion that she'll let them surrender. Why become so horrible? Up to now all of her emotional frustrations were justified and reasonable. They don't translate into that moment of madness.

The show runners just said that she sees the Red Keep which her family built, reflects on what she lost, and decides then to..destroy it?

Hound and Arya was cool. Good moment.
    Tyrion trying to give them an out was okay.
    Hound and Mountain was a bit cheesy but it worked.
    Euron and Jaime was pretty BS. Contrived.

Jaime and Cersei was fitting but was underwhelming. Jaime didn't have to make any difficult decision in the end and the dialogue was flat.
    Jon trying to stop the madness was cool, but it's shocking how little power he seems to have over his own armies?

Grey Worm going mad with grief and revenge is ok with me. It's Dany's fault anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rc1ca View Post
    I thought that was going happen,but....................

Fantastic Member

I wonder how all the parents who named their daughter Khaleesi or Daenerys are feeling about that decision right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I would have to disagree with that. It's very clear exactly where certain elements fans don't like started becoming more prominent. That started in season 5 and grew in season 6. The last two seasons just sort of dropped the pretenses because they have progressively had less narrative to work with
    Pretty much,Bran's storyline was the first sign, because he basically caugth up with his plotline in the books and didn't know where to get from there.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I feel bad for Lena Heady. Their last season and she got what...maybe a total of 10 mins screen time the whole season?

Anyways...very disappointed with the direction they went with Dany. I was hoping they were just teasing it, but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Great direction and spectacle. That's exactly what it should feel like when a dragon decides to burn down a city. But they just can't manage to pull off the crux of the entire episode, which is that Dany goes back on her word and kills countless innocent people in order to ensure Cersei's demise. There is no real reason why after destroying Euron's fleet and having the Lannister's surrender and the bells ring, that she has to burn the entire thing down. There's no further provocation, there's no kind of emotional breaking point. She starts the episode broken and betrayed but she remains cool-headed enough to promise Tyrion that she'll let them surrender. Why become so horrible? Up to now all of her emotional frustrations were justified and reasonable. They don't translate into that moment of madness.

The show runners just said that she sees the Red Keep which her family built, reflects on what she lost, and decides then to..destroy it?

Hound and Arya was cool. Good moment.
    Tyrion trying to give them an out was okay.
    Hound and Mountain was a bit cheesy but it worked.
    Euron and Jaime was pretty BS. Contrived.

Jaime and Cersei was fitting but was underwhelming. Jaime didn't have to make any difficult decision in the end and the dialogue was flat.
    Jon trying to stop the madness was cool, but it's shocking how little power he seems to have over his own armies?

Grey Worm going mad with grief and revenge is ok with me. It's Dany's fault anyway.
    How did y like the way they handle Cleganebowl?
    I'm a little disappointed myself.