Page 532 of 555 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    No because Cersei gave an order to her subordinate. Gregor has no cause to kill her beyond her boss giving the order.

By contrast Lyssa had her own reasons to kill Jon because she wanted to be with LF. He persuaded her but he is not her boss and in fact she outranks him being the wife of a Lord so it was not an order.

Again he is still guilty but Lyssa made her own choice and had her own desire to kill in a way Gregor does not.
    Sure Lyssa made her own choice... I'm happy calling both murderers. I wouldn't want Lyssa sitting on the Iron Throne anymore than LIttle Finger.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure Lyssa made her own choice... I'm happy calling both murderers. I wouldn't want Lyssa sitting on the Iron Throne anymore than LIttle Finger.
    You can be party to murder without actually being the killer. Again just pointing out Lyssa killed him not LF.

There hasn't been someone sitting on IT that isn't a killer of some sort. Bran young but will get there in terms of direct involvement. But yeah I think he knew about a lot of deaths that he could have prevented.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's like saying Cersi didn't murder Missandei. If you conspire to murder someone you are a murderer too.

You can argue Little Finger is as much of a monster as Robert if you want... again, I wasn't a fan of his either to be honest. In the least he's far more of a monster than Bran, which is at least a part of the reason why they're probably better off with Bran on the throne over Little Finger.

And sure you can say they are all flawed... you can say every human being is. That's not enough of a reason to argue a guy like Little Finger should be on the throne. Plenty of people far less flawed than him... the one presently sitting on the throne for example.
    Not quite. Up until the very last episode, there was no indication that the Mountain even had much autonomy. He simply did as was told. He didnt have much choice when Cersei gave the order. Lyssa did

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The ships were hiding behind Dragonstone.

Virtually impossible to hide behind Dragonstone and yet still be able to shoot a dragon without being seen at the same time. The Dragons are at a higher elevation. When the ships appear at 1:10 above they are actually spread out between two islands. There is no way they all could have been hidden, shot a few shots and then sped to that formation in seconds. The Island on the left is at higher elevation than the ships. You can't hide behind the island and shoot at the same time. The island on the right is flat so if you hid behind it, someone in the sky would have a clear line of sight.

So the scene is physically impossible. Unless Euron has the power to bend arrows around islands. They did this **** all season where characters do physically impossible things from this to the Dothraki and Unsullied armies getting larger after the battle of Winterfell and seemingly being wiped out to the characters getting swarmed by undead only to magically survive.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019...idnt-they-die/

So we see the end of the Dothraki at battle of Winterfell yet a **** ton of them respawn later.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dany-...the-iron-fleet

Dany forgot about Iron Fleet despite them being referenced multiple times leading up to their ambush.

These guys have no concept of realism. So yeah the Euron shot was Hollywood bullshit.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-23-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

King's landing sure went down easy they really didn't put up much of a fight I know they had a dragon but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    This is definitely GRRM's ending. So if you don't like how everyone ends up, that's who you should blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It 100% is. Like anybody who has ever read the books can completely see this being the ending. The books start with Bran and finish with him being a god/king. Jon who found meaning for life amongst the Wildlings and started seeing a new way to think about the world gets to live free among them. The North who always had an independent streak finally is independent under a Stark. Tyrion, Davos, Brienne, etc forming a council to rule? Yup. The exiled Princess trope being about a conquerer who was actually authoritarian and believed her hype a bit too much?

Oh and then all the subtle LOTR nods which Martin always said he was emulating. The book that Sam wrote. Jon finishing his life away from the realm (actually to be honest Arya leaving on a boat as well).

Even the most critical book readers have been saying "yeah this is very GRRM".
    Absolutely. If one just looks at the scene where Jon kills Daenerys in the Throne Room and it's aftermath, it makes complete sense in the broad strokes.

You have Daenerys who sees herself as a benevolent queen and wants to avoid her father's fate, but who, because she also wants to reclaim her birthright and punish those who wronged her family, ends becoming a tyrant herself.

You have Jon who, once again, is forced to kill the woman he loves, this time to save the realm. Not to mention it echoes the legend of Azor Ahai and Nyssa Nyssa, though not the way we may have assumed.

You have Drogon destroying the Iron Throne, the very thing which has indirectly caused more death and destruction to the Seven Kingdoms, including Dany herself, a symbol of how "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Not to mention it's fitting that, just as dragon fire forged the Iron Throne, it's dragon fire that destroys it.

And you have Jon once again as someone who never wanted to be king despite being the rightful heir, who feels guilt over having to put his duty over love, is forced into exile to, ironically, the very place where he felt the most at home. Not to mention how it also echoes Maester Aemon's story, as well.

Unfortunately, as has been pointed out many times by critics and fans, D&D cut a lot of corners to get to this point, much to the series' detertriment.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 05-23-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Someone synced up Hells Bells by AC / DC to the burning of Kings Landing. Its amazing how well this song actually works for this scene and the lyrics actually at times match up to the action. For instance the lyric "we take no prisoners" occurs right as Grey Worm is making up his mind to start killing the Lannister prisoners and "nobody is putting up a fight" right as he spears the first Lannister prisoner.

Last edited by TriggerWarning; 05-23-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post

Unfortunately, as has been pointed out many times by critics and fans, D&D cut a lot of corners to get to this point, much to the series' detertriment.
    That, and it feels like the last 1.5 seasons they tried to go the generic action tv show route + fan servicey + 'subvert expectations' and somehow ended up choosing the wrong version of each lol. It was kind of weird.

I think you could easily just tweak a couple things and the last two seasons would have been much better and salvageable.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Yeah funny Sansa thinks her band of rapists are going to scale the walls and take the city from well trained disciplined soldiers who have the advantage of city walls.

Frankly if I were Greyworm, I would have killed Sansa and thrown her entitled head over the city walls.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That, and it feels like the last 1.5 seasons they tried to go the generic action tv show route + fan servicey + 'subvert expectations' and somehow ended up choosing the wrong version of each lol. It was kind of weird.

I think you could easily just tweak a couple things and the last two seasons would have been much better and salvageable.
    Pretty much. Went from a thoughful show to Hollywood spectacle bullshit. Sad thing is they didnt need to as fans were already hooked. Just need a solid performance to close and instead they jumped the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I was never that inpresst with the unsullied.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not quite. Up until the very last episode, there was no indication that the Mountain even had much autonomy. He simply did as was told. He didnt have much choice when Cersei gave the order. Lyssa did
    If he had enough autonomy to kill Cersis hand on a personal whim, I'd say he had enough autonony to not kill Missandei if he really wanted too. I think the fairer conclusion is Mountain didn't give a dam about killing her.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I was never that inpresst with the unsullied.
    Lemme guess Golden Company fan?

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Lemme guess Golden Company fan?
    Lol not really I just don't think they were that great of a army.