Page 412 of 555 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

The complaints about Arya is annoying, cause I thought that episode had more glaring problems than a trained assassin, assassinating someone.

But like Punisher said people have been complaining about Arya's character since season 6.

I think what occurred was what the Lord of Light had been planning for centuries. Have the Night King so convinced that Jon is some type of savior that he won't face him one on one but throws a wall of Wights and Viserion at him. Then when he gets to Bran he's so over confident (looked like he was going to monologue) he doesn't believe anyone else can threaten him.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post

But like Punisher said people have been complaining about Arya's character since season 6.
    This very thread! Just go back and read the comments about all the female characters.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I'm skeptical of the White Walkers even making it past the north. I suspect kingslanding is going to be saved for more human battles and dry political intrigue.
    I called it! , all the way back in 2016

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    You were talking about overall satisfaction with the episode, citing a "50% disappointment rate". Now you're trying to spin things to make that seem true. El oh El. Some of the mixed reviews also praised the Arya bits.
    No, i wasn't, or perhaps i didn't make that clear. The 50% was an example of that you can have a large number who liked a product but if there's a large number who were disappointed then that's not considered a success. Now is it 50%, of course not, we'll never know. But it does seem to be a lot, not just a handful.

Would a producer of a TV show prefer that everyone liked their product? Sure, hell yeah! Is that feasible? Not in the least.
    On this point, i go back to my previous examples of Sansa letting the dogs on Ramsey, Joffrey choking on poison, or Jon taking out the White Walker at Hardhome, those moments weren't being hotly debated. I think that's where the misstep was taken. This wasn't the home run that i think they were expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I called it! , all the way back in 2016
    Nice! I think most saw the white walkers making it further south.
    Last edited by soccerguy951; 05-04-2019 at 07:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    No, i wasn't, or perhaps i didn't make that clear. The 50% was an example of that you can have a large number who liked a product but if there's a large number who were disappointed then that's not considered a success. Now is it 50%, of course not, we'll never know. But it does seem to be a lot, not just a handful.
    “Seems”. Again: anecdote isn’t evidence.

If you internet search for “Arya kill Night King disappointment”, guess what? That’s what you’re going to find.

Funnily, when I searched for the Tweets I linked you (and I linked that search), I didn’t type any positive or negative words associated with audience reaction.

On this point, i go back to my previous examples of Sansa letting the dogs on Ramsey, Joffrey choking on poison, or Jon taking out the White Walker at Hardhome, those moments weren't being hotly debated. I think that's where the misstep was taken. This wasn't the home run that i think they were expecting.
    It’s probably best to not assume what they were expecting.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-04-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    “Seems”. Again: anecdote isn’t evidence.

If you internet search for “Arya kill Night King disappointment”, guess what? That’s what you’re going to find.

Funnily, when I searched for the Tweets I linked you (and I linked that search), I didn’t type any positive or negative words associated with audience reaction.

It’s probably best to not assume what they were expecting.
    The search of that specific topic was to show that the disappointment was out there and it’s not just a few disgruntled fans on the dc forum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    The search of that specific topic was to show that the disappointment was out there and it’s not just a few disgruntled fans on the dc forum.
    I’d hope that “just a few” wouldn’t be literally taken as 3-5 people.

Of course there’s more. In the grand scheme of things, though, the actual number can be less significant than it seems on an Internet forum. That’s what’s important to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It was always going to be. After spending 8 seasons, since the first episode, building up the White Walkers, then to just kill them off after one episode. After all the stuff about Jon and the prophecy and the sword, having Arya kill TNK with her little dagger in the end, and having almost all of the major characters live through what was supposed to be the most difficult battle of their lives, etc. Yeah this episode was always going to be divisive.

Also then there's other stuff like the dumb tactics, wiping out the Dothraki in such an "iffy" way, etc.
    yeah I didn't like how the Dothkraki were wiped like that and we didn't even see a thing... They deserved to be seen in battle at least. Me thinks they didn't want to spend the $ on that..

Also, I heard this episode is one of or the lowest rated episode of the series. That says a lot.

I hope the finale is at least divisive and not downright universally hated. Really hope they don't go for shock value but for an ending that makes sense for all the remaining characters, no matter if it's somewhat predictable or even too nice for this show.

Ultimate Member

The tactics and plans in the episode were pretty stupid. That was probably my biggest complaint, and honestly it was a problem last season as well. Things just, happen, or characters make dumb decisions, purely because the plot needs them to. The show USED to at least try to have some logic in there.

The Dothraki thing was done PURELY as a plot contrivance to wipe them out, in fact a lot of things seemed like contrivance just to make the body count among Jon and Dany's forced even bigger.

And yet on the reverse, main characters are put in situations where logically they should have died, and redshirts/supporting characters ARE dying all around them. Yet they survive, because the plot says so. Again this was a problem last season as well (and even in S6 with Arya and the Waif as well).

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    yeah I didn't like how the Dothkraki were wiped like that and we didn't even see a thing... They deserved to be seen in battle at least. Me thinks they didn't want to spend the $ on that..

Also, I heard this episode is one of or the lowest rated episode of the series. That says a lot.

I hope the finale is at least divisive and not downright universally hated. Really hope they don't go for shock value but for an ending that makes sense for all the remaining characters, no matter if it's somewhat predictable or even too nice for this show.
    WTF are you getting your info from? The episode was the most watched in the series history

https://hypebeast.com/2019/5/got-the...ratings-record

Why would it even be a contender for lowest rated? People didnt get disappointed until AFTER viewing it. This episode was hyped up and nearly every GOT fan watched it bc of the anticipation. Its not like most people wait for reviws and read peoples comments before viewing as most avoid that stuff for obvious reason. Id imagine the episode with the lowest ratings was probably one in the first season before the series became the phenomenon it is now

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF are you getting your info from? The episode was the most watched in the series history

Why would it even be a contender for lowest rated? People didnt get disappointed until AFTER viewing it. This episode was hyped up and nearly every GOT fan watched it bc of the anticipation. Its not like most people wait for reviws and read peoples comments before viewing as most avoid that stuff for obvious reason. Id imagine the episode with the lowest ratings was probably one in the first season before the series became the phenomenon it is now
    Its the most viewed GoT episode ever but as of a few days ago it was also the lowest rated as far as fan ratings go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Its the most viewed GoT episode ever but as of a few days ago it was also the lowest rated as far as fan ratings go.
    Just curious, where are you getting your numbers?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

If you look back at older posts people were wrong about a lot of **** lol.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I could almost buy it being lower-rated just because the lighting made it hard to watch, even in a dark room with the screen at max. Much of the episode was lit like Tormund and Edd sneaking through the Last Hearth, but over an hour long. Someone put together a shot-for-shot comparison with Helm's Deep that really drives home the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/w6mzYyE